HC-97G / EC-97G Stratofreighters uploaded! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HC-97G / EC-97G Stratofreighters uploaded!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Bill but no joy here with the suggested fix. Still have no click spots for the 'help' nor speed/power placards. Everything else seems to work fine however, within the monitor panel. I noticed my old panel folder contained a file jwb_xml_server.gau. I note the new panel folder in the latest update contains no such file....wonder if it has something to do with that. This does nothing to hamper my enjoyment of this fine aircraft but I do miss those placards.

Edit: Tried something else: I added back the Window02=Help entry under [Window Titles] in the panel.cfg together with the corresponding entry under the window section, i.e.,

[Window02]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=660,727
    pixel_size=660,727
    position=4
    visible=0
    ident=10000
    gauge00=Monitor!help, 0,0,660,727

And the click points and help placards are available once again! Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. I trust this doesn't mess with anything else ...all I know is my beloved placards are back.

Hey Fuzz:

I didn't have to do that - in fact my 'panel cfg' doesn't even have a 'window02' section - however to make sure your's is working correctly, if you pull down the 'help' menu on the 'misc' monitor panel - it should explain the new "BAT / GPU" section at the bottom of it..

EDIT: Well, apparently I spoke to soon - went back this morning to check everything and sure enough - mine wouldn't work either !! However, you where correct and as I've noticed Manfred has 'dropped' by and caught it / corrected it with an 'update' so we're 'good to go' !!!

TO EVERYONE:

Keep tabs (jot them down somewhere) on anything you find and keep them close by - Manfred has stepped away for a much needed break and I'm sure when he returns he will address ALL issue's that you have found - until then we'll try to help you resolve anything if we can..

Bill
    Last edited by WND; June 30th, 2015 at 00:43.

Thanks, Bill, for helping out. Just uploaded the patch above, and will re-upload the whole Update. That much time I have just bought ...

The new panel.cfg has restored functionality to the Monitor panel Manfred. VMT

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The new panel.cfg has restored functionality to the Monitor panel Manfred. VMT

ATB
    DaveB

Good morning Dave:

Glad to hear your 'back in business' !! However could you check out something else for me ?

At least on my end, when I start and run for a while, it appears that my 'generators' don't come 'on line' and the battery slowly depletes itself. Could you check and see if yours does the same thing so I can determine if it's on 'my end' or not ??

Thanks;

Bill

One more time THANK YOU to MJ and team for this new and precious GIFT
    The more you do, the less you dream

Sure.. will do Bill Got your PM too

ATB
    DaveB

Bill..

I've just run a test with the KC97. Startup from cold.. main bus 0, battery 24v. Battery on (MB 24v).. nav lights and beacon on .. cowls to TO then flashed all 4 up. MB to 28v, battery at 24v. Battery deselected on monitor and I let her run for in excess of 15mins. No drop in batt voltage. As a precaution.. I checked FSUIPC in case I had 'Extend battery life' selected (which I have in the past) but it was at the default setting.. unticked.

I presumed there'd be no difference between models but if you'd like me to test the HC/EC.. I'll be happy to do so
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Bill..

I've just run a test with the KC97. Startup from cold.. main bus 0, battery 24v. Battery on (MB 24v).. nav lights and beacon on .. cowls to TO then flashed all 4 up. MB to 28v, battery at 24v. Battery deselected on monitor and I let her run for in excess of 15mins. No drop in batt voltage. As a precaution.. I checked FSUIPC in case I had 'Extend battery life' selected (which I have in the past) but it was at the default setting.. unticked.

I presumed there'd be no difference between models but if you'd like me to test the HC/EC.. I'll be happy to do so
    ATB
    DaveB
    Dave:

NOPE !! That's fine what you did - apparently it's something on my end which I will investigate...

Thanks so much - I appreciate it..

Bill

Thank you Manfred, wonderful aircraft!!! Looking forward to the "A" and "L" models!!!! Enjoy your vacation!
    USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

Just uploaded repaint of EC-97G 0-22687, 7405th. Operations Squadron USAFE, 1963. Based a long time in Wiesbaden AB. The aircraft also operated to and from Berlin-Tempelhof, flying over East Germany within the protected airspace of the Berlin Air Corridor. As part of Project Pie Face, the gathering of photographic intelligence by mounting cameras of passenger carrying and transport aircraft, this EC-97G was early equipped with the famous 3.25-ton Big Bertha or Daisy Mae camera - it was the biggest camera for recon ever build. In 1964 red colors on fuselage, tail and wings were removed.

Downside fuselage windows are removed like real a/c. Spec and bump textures are modified.

Looking nice TiAr
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    I'll reupload the whole Update here, and I saw I also couldn't spell 'Stratofreighter' ... or the date.
    I cannot find the reuploaded update or is it same as FSX Boeing C-97 Update 2.zip dated June 30 as seen on this link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...php?catid=37??

I need to look for update so that I can use new SUPER SHINY liveries offered by two livery painters Dave McQueen and Eagle and so that I can use cool de-icing feature on wings.

Regards,

Aharon

Members who have read this thread: 1