Best twin ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best twin ?

Best twin ?

Looking for a civilian twin and wanting system depth, good gps, weather radar, other toys. I was thinking the Alabeo Titan but prefer more system depth. Must look great and have great toys, if only A2A made a twin in this format my search would be over.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Looking for a civilian twin and wanting system depth, good gps, weather radar, other toys. I was thinking the Alabeo Titan but prefer more system depth. Must look great and have great toys, if only A2A made a twin in this format my search would be over.
    The Flight1 B-200 is the most advanced and deepest twin simulation of which I know. It does not have weather radar however.

The Milviz B-350 will be right up there when completed.

Blog Entries
    The best is the Duke Turbine v2
    https://youtu.be/X5CbywpiKyA
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    The Flight1 B-200 is the most advanced and deepest twin simulation of which I know. It does not have weather radar however.

The Milviz B-350 will be right up there when completed.
    You almost had me with the B-350 but found it was not compatible with FSX Steam Edition.

Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 perhaps (?)

Turbine Duke v2 with GTN 750
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Are you looking for a piston twin or turbine? IF its piston, the realair duke v2 is the one to have. In terms of realism and performance for turbine twins, the f1 b200 is the most realistic, but if you want performance, the flysimware cessna 441 has much better ranger and useful load with similar speed to the b200. It isn't anywhere near as realistic as the f1 b200 with the maintenance modules, but you can put the f1 gtn 750 in the vc, so its definitely worth checking out the flysimware. they both handle really well.
    The flysimware has some system depth. There's some good videos on it

You almost had me with the B-350 but found it was not compatible with FSX Steam Edition.
    Where did you see/read this? That seems a bit strange since it has been working just fine on my FSX:SE installation so far...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Where did you see/read this? That seems a bit strange since it has been working just fine on my FSX:SE installation so far...
    FSX:Steam Edition is currently not supported; this product may not be 100% compatible at this time.

From this page http://milviz.com/flight/products/KA350/

Also could you tell me does it have a weather system that uses FSX weather or can I make it use ASN weather?

Milton's work in progress civil Harpoon and Lodestar are good starting points for something custom and unique. Just finish it out like you want it. Hard to beat a Lockheed Twin with twin radials....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 'Poon.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Looking forward to hauling some (possibly questionable) cargo in that sharp paint of yours (when it's ready)!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Hard to beat a Lockheed Twin with twin radials....
    I'd usually agree.
    But when it comes down to hauling capacity and ruggedness, this will remain my choice:

Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended!
    What they did here is - in my eyes - nothing less but the perfect balance between system depth and reasonable user friendlyness.
    And it's a beautiful model as well, although a repainter's undisputed nightmare...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    I'd usually agree.
    But when it comes down to hauling capacity and ruggedness, this will remain my choice:

Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended!
    What they did here is - in my eyes - nothing less but the perfect balance between system depth and reasonable user friendlyness.
    And it's a beautiful model as well, although a repainter's undisputed nightmare...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    I always end up using the Sukhoi 80 for those types of missions :P faster, flies farther, carries (slightly) more

I have the RealAIR b60 Duke (v1 and v2). It is without doubt one of the best add-on aircraft I have ever had the pleasure to use; one of my favorites. I don't have the turbine version; but I hear it is perhaps even better. The b60 piston duke should be f1 750 compatible soon.

But I am also very interested in both the flysimware 441 and their mu-2. They both look good. Another one to consider may be the RAZBAM metro liner. I don't own it or the flysimware products but they have my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I have the RealAIR b60 Duke (v1 and v2). It is without doubt one of the best add-on aircraft I have ever had the pleasure to use; one of my favorites. I don't have the turbine version; but I hear it is perhaps even better. The b60 piston duke should be f1 750 compatible soon.

But I am also very interested in both the flysimware 441 and their mu-2. They both look good. Another one to consider may be the RAZBAM metro liner. I don't own it or the flysimware products but they have my interest.
    The RAzbam is a nice product, but the real metroliner was hated by passengers and pilots alike... cramped, noisy, and tiny ailerons so it couldn't handle a crosswind. Not sure how the sim handles.
    Anyway, back to OP..... Honestly I would either go for the piston duke v2 or the turbine duke v2 from Realair, the Flight1 B200 which has the best realism (FDE, wear and tear, maintenance, icing, procedure, even cost of maintenance). Or if you're willing to sacrifice a bit on realism in the name of greater range and useful load, go check out the Flysimware Cessna 441. It has some good systems depth, like the NTS check and mechanisms, and you can integrate the Flight1 GTN 750 into the VC so you actually can get get a lot of functionality out of it. I have both the B200 and the C441, and I love them both. HAve the Piston Duke V2 also. but not the turbine. Lastly I wouldn't look past the A2A Comanche 250. It may not be a twin but its HIGHLY realistic and it can keep up with some of the lower end twins out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    I have both the B200 and the C441, and I love them both.
    How is the Garrett turbine simulation on the C441? How does it compare to say the Aerosoft Bronco?

I can recommend the Flysimware MU-2. It has great depth to all its systems and you can choose from three avionics layouts, including among others, Reality XP Weather Radar integration.
    The VC's 3d is highly detailed with all switches and systems working as in the real aircraft. The start-up and shut-down procedures for the Garrett TPE331-10 engines have also been faithfully modeled, including the start locks.

The MU-2 itself is also a unique and much more interesting aircraft than all the usual suspects such as King Airs that have been modeled to death by virtually every addon manufacturer.
    If you're not familiar with this aircraft, the MU-2 was the first twin designed from the beginning as a turboprop. King Air's, Cessna C441's, Turbo Commanders etc. were all derived from piston engine aircraft.
    With it's highly loaded wings, the MU-2 can cruise at 300 knots, yet its full span flaps allow it to have a low stall speed of 76 knots, which enables it to land on short unprepared airstrips.

The high wing loading has an added benefit of giving a very comfortable ride in turbulence. Be warned though, although the MU-2 is a very well designed and sturdily built aircraft, it needs to be flown with respect and by the book or it will bite back... this makes it even more fun to fly in FSX!

The real MU-2 needs to be flown more like a jet than a turboprop, with many procedures similar to that of a jet. This performance and its general flight characteristics is also one of the reasons why all Air Battle Management students at Tyndall AFB are required to complete eight sorties and 24 tactical intercepts in the MU-2 before they can move on to aircraft such as the F-15 and F-22.

Here's the MU-2:

http://flysimware.com/website/MU_2B_60.html

There are also a number of beautiful repaints made by Bernhard, which are available for download here on SOH...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-9763-quot-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-5203-quot-zip

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-5230-quot-zip

All repaint below by Bernhard:

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    How is the Garrett turbine simulation on the C441? How does it compare to say the Aerosoft Bronco?
    I have no real world experience with turbines (yet ) and the C441 is the only Garrett I have right now. But its supposed to be the best simulation so far procedurally. It even has start locks. I've had my eye on the Bronco for a while now

You may have to ask what are your virtual 'needs' Both the RealAir Turbine Duke and F1 B200 are excellent, however I ended up returning the B200 simply because it didn't suit my virtual operator requirements, it was a fantastic plane tho. The Turbine Duke is like a luxury sports crossover vehicle ...ala Porsche Cheyenne, while the B200 is like a passenger van.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My primary reason for suggesting the B200 was your A2A reference.

All great replies and much food for thought, thanks.

All great replies and much food for thought, thanks.
    Let us know what you end up choosing!

Quote Originally Posted by nakajima View Post
    The start-up and shut-down procedures for the Garrett TPE331-10 engines have also been faithfully modeled, including the start locks.
    Thanks for your detailed comments, this gives me confidence that either the C441 or the MU would be a great addition to my hangar.

I haven't tried the MU-2 yet, it is both not the kind plane I'm looking for and a bit more money than I wanna spend right now. But by all accounts its really good, and if its anything like the 441, I would expect it to be great. I don't know about the MU-2, but the Cessna is ideal for long flights. It has a 2500 mile range with full fuel!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    Let us know what you end up choosing!
    Right at the moment it is between the RealAir Duke B60 V2 and the RealAir Duke Turbine V2. The Turbine is harder to start with more items to check and set but it has option to use the GTN 750 gps. The B60 piston model is easier to start with less items to check and set but does not have the option to integrate the GTN 750 as yet. But both are beautiful models with great VC's and plenty of toys.

Members who have read this thread: 2