Best twin ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best twin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    If it's on sale somewhere, go and get it.
    Actually it is at PC-Aviator for 50%

Same as the MU-2

For anyone that has the Flight 1 GTN 750 I would like to know how much it effected your frame rates, if at all. The twin I will get has to have integration for this unit so frame rates are important part of decision.

The RazBam Metroliner:

Its good, the best twin of that size in my hands. IMHO a lot better than the Carenado B1900D . Better in flying aspects. It feels so much more alive.
    I personally find it to be so ugly that I like it. The VC is very good, but there´s only this horrible little GPS. I installed a popup GPS that I use on a 2nd monitor.
    But it all depends on what you want. The Metro is a flyers AC, not so much a electronic device freaks dream.
    But in real life, these work horses were flown like that and many didnt even have autopilot. It was about moving people and stuff with using to much money.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    For anyone that has the Flight 1 GTN 750 I would like to know how much it effected your frame rates, if at all. The twin I will get has to have integration for this unit so frame rates are important part of decision.
    Frame rates will obviously vary from one system to the next. I can tell you however, that despite its in-depth systems modeling, the MU-2 itself is definitely frame rate friendly and it also has Flight1 GTN 750 GPS integration as well as WX500 radar integration. If other aircraft run fine on your system with the Flight1 GTN 750, you should have no problems with the MU-2.

Quote Originally Posted by nakajima View Post
    Frame rates will obviously vary from one system to the next. I can tell you however, that despite its in-depth systems modeling, the MU-2 itself is definitely frame rate friendly and it also has Flight1 GTN 750 GPS integration as well as WX500 radar integration. If other aircraft run fine on your system with the Flight1 GTN 750, you should have no problems with the MU-2.
    I have the MU-2 installed on my old AMD rig right now and it is a great performer. I don't have the GTN750 but like the VNAV of the MU-2 built-in GPS.

The real Metroliner built by Fairchild was looked down on by pilots and passengers alike. It was cramped, had some of the noisiest engines ever made put on it, then they went light on the sound proofing, and finally, they gave it these tiny little ailerons so it could barely tackle a crosswind

....and the metroliner by razbam is one fine rendition of the real thing. be sure to get all the user mods described in a long thread at avsim

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429877-...iner-released/

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    The real Metroliner built by Fairchild was looked down on by pilots and passengers alike. It was cramped, had some of the noisiest engines ever made put on it, then they went light on the sound proofing, and finally, they gave it these tiny little ailerons so it could barely tackle a crosswind
    As a sim-pilot I actually enjoy flying this sim and I have never had any complaints from my sim-passengers or my sim-cargo clients. And yes, its not the easyest thing to fly in sim-world, but the flight dynamics are so good that it responds very well to your inputs and so you will be able to make decent crosswing landings and have fun/sweat at the same time. Besides, the sound is pretty good as well. Totally, a good addon and far better than what I´ve tried from other devellopers (that may implement more fancy electronincs)

RyanJZ, do you have the addon or have you tried it? I ask because you have just repeated yourself within a day or two and dont say anything about how it works in the sim.
    I can imagine that in real life, you´re right and that it could be kind of uncomfortable for passengers and pilots, but we, the simmers dont have to live that. In general all these small turboprop commuter liners are not famous for being comfortable. But they do/did the job in remote and unpopulated areas where there was no money in flying fancyer aircraft.

Ok, getting down to the wire here but need some info. To anyone that has the Miviz King Air 350i I would love to know some things.

1. How much is done as this is a beta? How much is left to do?

2. Do they still supply timely updates?

3. Any special features such as rain or ice on windscreen?

4. How do you like it and are you happy with the plane as is?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Ok, getting down to the wire here but need some info. To anyone that has the Miviz King Air 350i I would love to know some things.

1. How much is done as this is a beta? How much is left to do?

2. Do they still supply timely updates?

3. Any special features such as rain or ice on windscreen?

4. How do you like it and are you happy with the plane as is?
    1. It is still an alpha at this point. The next release is reported to be a beta, which means feature complete.
    2. Yes
    3. Not so far but, as mentioned, beta not out yet.
    4. Fantastic FDE, normal Milviz attention to detail, all the preview shots look great.

Your best bet is to check out their Facebook page for updates. I don't recommend a "buy now" if you are impatient about the final release. I have flown all the intermediate versions. It will be an excellent product and well worth the money and wait when done.
    Last edited by henrystreet; July 2nd, 2015 at 06:34.

I tried it once on a friend's computer. It is a really nice simulation, but I personally couldn't justify spending $50 on it. I guess I might be a little biased against it too :P

I loved reading the discussions on the Metro vs the B1900. Lots of great little pilot anecdotes in there.

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads...oliner.178090/
    http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/te...etroliner.html

Also, there's this guy who does seem to love flying it enough to take some cameras along with him:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DavethePilot

Man, I really want to take the Metro for a whirl now...but I need to do other stuff first. HNNNNG.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    I tried it once on a friend's computer. It is a really nice simulation, but I personally couldn't justify spending $50 on it. I guess I might be a little biased against it too :P
    I got mine on a sale, so maybe I´m a bit biased as well.

mmmmmmm..... sales....... I wonder if there's enough left in my wallet for just one more plane.....
    Or maybe I'll finally buy Air Hauler. I wish the F1 GTN was on sale right now
    On a side note, the Sukhoi 80 seems like a good replacement for the metro and the 1900. Its got the efficient GE CT7 engines too

Blog Entries
    I got the Razbam Metroliner on sale 6-9 months ago or so - I think it was around $20 or so, can't recall.

In any event, it's a true joy to fly. Not sure what is meant by hard to fly - I found the startup very intuitive, and following some basic procedures, can be up and going very quickly.

Aesthetically, I think the forward part of the aircraft is the smartest looking of any twin, whereas the aft is one of the ugliest. Then again, I think the EMB-121 Xingu the loveliest turbo twin ever - so I acknowledge my tastes are a bit eclectic.

Bottom line, I am happy with the Metroliner, I don't fly twins too often, so while it wasn't worth it for me at $60, it was worth it at the sale price. Would love to see a couple of Swiss Crossair paints on it ...

http://williamdemarest.com/assets/Ai...r%20AI%202.jpg

or

http://www.airlinerphotos.com/main.p...serialNumber=2

Anyway, I don't have the J41 or other comparables to compare against - only that it's a well rendered, well-performing model with which I'm very happy.

cheers,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    In any event, it's a true joy to fly. Not sure what is meant by hard to fly - I found the startup very intuitive, and following some basic procedures, can be up and going very quickly.
    Real pilots attribute a sluggish roll rate to the aircraft because of undersized ailerons. And challenging single engine operation.
    But other than that, it does what you tell it to do. Just keep the SAS indicator needle in the green.
    And watch your EGT and torque during takeoff. And your start locks.

Aesthetically, I think the forward part of the aircraft is the smartest looking of any twin, whereas the aft is one of the ugliest. Then again, I think the EMB-121 Xingu the loveliest turbo twin ever - so I acknowledge my tastes are a bit eclectic.
    Had you said EMB-120, I would have agreed. The 121, however, is too little fuselage and too much everything else.

Compared to the Moo or J41, the Metro is much more versatile. Military training, commuter work, VIP charters or cargo, you name it, it will do it.

The variety of available repaints is a bit lackluster though. Probably owing to the less than intuitive paintkit.

Just as an added reference, for normally aspirated light STOL work in a twin, I also enjoy Alphasims/Virtavia Islander. Just sayin'.

Holy...,

thanks for your comments on the Metroliner!!
    Have decided to buy it today.
    It is good to have a small cargo plane for my inner-eeurope flights.
    Till now I use always the C-27 from Irissimulations or the Learjet from Lionheart small for cargo-flights.
    Furthermore I have a new nice model for repaints, with all these models in the package
    (Are there layered psd-files for all model variations???)
    Now I have to find a homebase for this prop at of course some time to enjoy this workhorse

Christoph

Hi,

The Kingair 350i Alpha version has NEVER been on sale so I do not know where you got your copy from but it's certainly not from us. As well, we are the only ones selling it at this time.

We will be putting out a newer build at some time in the future but no date(s) given.

The product will not have rain effects at this time. Icing is a definite.

Thank you.

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by F-4F View Post
    (Are there layered psd-files for all model variations???)
    I think not.

Do you still need sugeestions for paints? *Ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I think not.

Do you still need sugeestions for paints? *Ahem*
    For sure, suggestions are always welcome. Send me a PM.

One more vote for the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended. Couple that with EZCA motion, ASN, REX 4 + Soft Clouds and Orbx scenery and you have an amazing FS experience every time!

She's grand, and so different than the Boeings I usually spend time in. This and the An-2 (another really superb and very different product) have really made me enjoy VFR for the first time in FS.... in DECADES!

Best- C

Thanks for all the replies and ideas guys I did finally buy a twin. For me ,and what I wanted, the Duke Turbine V2 was the one. Reasons are many and they are: The model is great with fully round surfaces and wonderful textures. Next the interior was fantastic and had room for my GTN 750 (even let me have two of them). Then the flight model and effects just about hammered the deal but the real last nail was the amazing personal response over several questioning emails that were all answered within a day by Rob.

I am currently working on a little paint to fly in my Pago Pago scenery.

Members who have read this thread: 2