P3D V2.5 2.5.12946.0 (hotfix 4) has been released

Just a head-up.

Be sure to read the related post:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topi...2-5-12946-0-2/

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Installed. Only one issue with the ORBX objectflow.dll, but that was updated and the problem is gone!

Johan

Sticking with what I have right now. Every time one of these comes out Instant Scenery goes south. Tired of messing with em'.

Installed hotfix last week. Instant Scenery P3D isn't compatible after the hotfix. You get a warning on start and while working with Instant Scenery in P3D the message appears the cursor is not pointing at the ground. No way to change or get out of the problem.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Sticking with what I have right now. Every time one of these comes out Instant Scenery goes south. Tired of messing with em'.
    This is always going to be a problem, it is the nature of the beast. I've come to the conclusion that the only stable form of FS that might see some minor improvements is FSXSE. Praise be to LM.

It breaks TacPac!

Blog Entries
    I'll wait for the various peripherals to catch up before I update. Probably will wait until I add the P3D dedicated 1TB SSD before I tweak. It seems better to do a clean install each time with P3D.

I'm comfortable with things as they are at this stage.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    It breaks TacPac!
    Yep it do. I've spent enough with VRS, v-bug for FS9 and FSX, prepaid for the TACPACK and paid for 3 years of upgrades. Has anyone tried to install just the FSX bug without the TACPACK in P3D v2.5? If it doesn't work I'm going back to my all time favorite Dino's Tomcat.

Very satisfied with 2.5 install up to but without this hot fix, will monitor developments here!

Just digging the light and shadow on free global mesh has rocked my world.

No orbx or rex software on board.

For the first time for me - I'm staying put. Not touching any updates in v2.5 .

I don't use everything the sim has to offer but what I do use seems just fine . Almost curious as to what the next major upgrade could consist of . Even more localised higher def weather ? ...or (please god !) LM aerodynamics package installed

Could be a new topic - whats needed and what else would we like to see with P3D .

I have formatted my SSD (with P3D2.4), made and fresh install of Windows and installed FSX-SE on another harddrive.
    I still havent downloaded P3Dv2.5. I will do so, install and most probably never install any hot fix untill they are very old and tested. I´m personally getting a bit tired of all this P3D hush. To many updates, fixes and stuff for me. Its great to have a sim with a future, but this is not the way to go IMHO.
    BTW, fsx-se with steve´s Dx10 fixer on a completely formatted PC is a surprisingly good sim. I have absolutely top performance, and no CTD, OOM etc so far (30 hours or so) IMO, its a LOT better than fsx standard which I never liked and always had problems with. I have some microstutters, but very little.

Blog Entries
    The big problem as far as P3D v2.5 is VAS usage, it's horrendous, I whish I still had the option to download v2.4, it was far better. It's a problem that's known about on the P3D forum, but LM still hasn't done anything to fix it. If you've got a copy of the 2.4 installers, don't delete it.

Ian

I have a copy of V2.4. Will you advice me to use that instead of V2.5?
    I have mostly read that 2.5 is better in most aspects. In V2.4, I had a lot of these extremely ugly black patches in ORBX sceneries. That was a true joy killer.
    Besides, devellopers like Aerosoft (and others) dont devellop for V2.4 anymore.

Blog Entries
    Donny,
    It's a difficult one, I of course rushed to install the latest version (I was re-formatting my computer) and I was a bit of a Silly Billy, I deleted the 2.4 installers. Personally I've had nothing but hassle with VAS since installing 2.5. I belive Orbx Vector has got a lot to do with it, I even bought Ultimate Terrain USA & Europe V2.1 and it is better.
    If you look on the P3D forum I think you'll find a lot of people with good machines that are having problems. I really wouldn't like to advise you one way or the other, but I wouldn't delete v2.4 installers until I was sure if I was you.

Ian

Some people are missing the boat with what LM is trying to do. They are developing a Sim that is primarily for accurate vehicle and environment simulation for training and testing purposes. LM couldn't care less whether you have pretty trees and grass at your local airport or how beautiful the setting sun looks through the clouds. PREPAR3D is a systems developer's dream and the best platform for those who wish to experience piloting vehicles with as close an aproximation to the real thing in the comfort and safety of their home or office. If you purchased PREPAR3D for any other reason than your barking up the wrong tree. For myself, I am looking forward to any and all updates and hot fix that come out because they will continue to improve this simulator for the purpose it was intended.

Thanks for reading my little rant. I do wish someone could answer my question posted above before I try putzing with it.

Paul Domingue, why do write these things? Each to his own about what is correct and not with P3D. Or do you want to discuss licenses etc.

This is one of the VERY few relaxed P3D forums that has not being totally destroyed by a handfull of members who think they know exactly what P3D is and exactly how its supposed to be used. Let s keep it that way please.

I hope you are happy with P3D and i hope you dont mind others have different ideas than you.

Paul is right donnybalonny!

Sims are IT like Exchange or Windows Server is. Things evolve and those of us who refuse to evolve with it will be left behind. That is merely stating facts.

But another thing: you should never, EVER format an SSD. By doing it, you dramatically reduce the lifespan of your expensive SSD.

Cheers,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by donnybalonny View Post
    Paul Domingue, why do write these things? Each to his own about what is correct and not with P3D. Or do you want to discuss licenses etc.

This is one of the VERY few relaxed P3D forums that has not being totally destroyed by a handfull of members who think they know exactly what P3D is and exactly how its supposed to be used. Let s keep it that way please.

I hope you are happy with P3D and i hope you dont mind others have different ideas than you.
    I'm sorry if you took offense to my post, it was not meant to be anything but an informative opinion. I in no way made an insulting remark about anyone or anything. If you disagree with my statement than post a rebuttal not an attack.

Can someone confirm that there is a problem logging in to Prepar3D today? I am unable login getting the hotfix. It says:

WordPress Login Temporarily Disabled

We apologize for the inconvenience! You are seeing this message because your site has recently been targeted by attackers attempting to gain access to your WordPress Dashboard. In order to protect your site your WordPress Login page has been temporarily disabled.
    Unfortunately, you will be unable to login to the Dashboard until the block expires.
    How to get help

For more information on:

• Why this block was enacted
    • How to further protect yourself
    • How to regain access

Please visit our support site.

Is this because of me or is it because hackers has been at it?

Best
    Dag

I can get in just fine. Did you have a wordpress site open? A blog maybe?

Hmm, not sure, got in now okay, no problems ;-)

Best regards
    Dag

Members who have read this thread: 1