Alabeo Cessna 404 or Carenado PC-12

Thread: Alabeo Cessna 404 or Carenado PC-12

Alabeo Cessna 404 or Carenado PC-12

So if you were gonna run a virtual charter op, which of these two planes would you choose? Based on capability and operating costs? The PC-12 has more capability but if you're tracking virtual "costs" it would also cost more to operate it. what do you guys think?
    Also either one would be used for both cargo and passenger ops

Hey All,

I fly air hauler a fair bit. I think either is fine however my personal preference is the 12.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

and i like to disagree with ed alot....oh wait a minute..its panther who likes to disagree with him.....lol...

but id say i would pick the 404 cause i think the pc 12 is ugly.

purely on aesthetics, I don't think there's anything wrong with the way the PC-12 looks, and its highly functional, but it's not exciting to look at either. It just is there, for lack of better words. The Beech Duke is an airplane that really has presence though!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

I fly air hauler a fair bit. I think either is fine however my personal preference is the 12.

-Ed-
    Speaking of air hauler, I was JUST about to go buy, then I saw that just flight is currently working on air hauler V2!!!! Guess I'll hold out just a little longer....

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    So if you were gonna run a virtual charter op, which of these two planes would you choose? Based on capability and operating costs? The PC-12 has more capability but if you're tracking virtual "costs" it would also cost more to operate it. what do you guys think?
    Also either one would be used for both cargo and passenger ops
    I would consider distance and altitude as well. If you are flying short hops, say under 400 statute miles, then something like the C402, C404, or PA31-350, even a Cessna 208 works well and the C208 has replaced many of the twin pistons in this scenario.

The PC12 is a pressurized aircraft and performs best at higher altitudes, so for longer flights where you can fly at high altitude (FL180-FL220 is best for the PC12), then definitely the PC12.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm leaning towards the PC-12 at the moment. Its only a single engine turbine, so its fuel burn even at low altitude wouldn't be outrageous.... most of the flights will be a minimum of 650 miles, some cross country. The PC-12 has the altitude capability, and the speed. I'd go for a Cessna 414, but a can't find a good one for FSX

Then why not a C441, its a C404 with turbine engines.

With respect of Airhauler, AH2 can be a long way from now. It has been advertized as comming soon for a long time and if you go to the Just flight forum, and read the a post about AH2 youŽll see why I suspect it to take good while.

Hey All,

Fly what you like.

I think the 12 is a beautiful plane - even just sitting on the ground. Much of it's beauty is that it is multi-mission capable, stout and fast with great short field capability.

In all honesty it is overall - as no plane really does everything - my favorite plane in FS.

For a bit less plane I wish we had a turbine 206 (the soloy) and for a bit more plane I like the 1900s. And when will we see a turbine beaver?

My favorite class of aircraft are turbine GA.

Oh an as for air hauler 2 - don't hold your breath - it has been another of those sooooon... projects. When it shows I'll buy it.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

The C441 is a little overkill for the fair amount of <1000 mile flights I'll be doing. The PC-12 seems like a good compromise
    On the subject of AH2, I messaged Just Flight last night on facebook, and I've yet to hear back...

Hey All,

You might also look at the Quest Kodiak. Great plane slower than a 12 but can go amphibs! Something a bit over 1100nm is a reasonable max range. It is probably my second favorite.

As I said I would like a 206 and a beaver. And I don't get why 4 place GA are not using turbine engines like a PBS 100 a 240 hp turbine certainly not overkill for GA.

-Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

You might also look at the Quest Kodiak. Great plane slower than a 12 but can go amphibs! Something a bit over 1100nm is a reasonable max range. It is probably my second favorite.

As I said I would like a 206 and a beaver. And I don't get why 4 place GA are not using turbine engines like a PBS 100 a 240 hp turbine certainly not overkill for GA.

-Ed-
    Ed, turbine engines are really powerful, and usually much larger than piston engines. If you stuck a turbine in the Piper Warrior I fly, you wouldn't be able to safely fly it because the center of gravity would be so far forward. And turbines consume more fuel, especially at low altitude, and are much much much MUCH more expensive! You do get higher TBO, but for a light aircraft, its not enough to offset the higher maintenance costs. Flight training for a turbine would also cost more. Turbine engines really are a lot of overkill for a 4-seater. It makes about as much sense as putting a big rig truck engine in Toyota Camry..... But that applies to turboprops. There are however very light jets, but you're looking at astronomical costs. Piper does however make a truboprop version of the Malibu, but its a 6-seater. That's about as small as turboprops get

Regarding the PBS 100, the biggest reason its not being installed in many light aircraft is certification and costs. Most people who own their own airplanes don't see the need to upgrade, or can't justify the extra speed for the higher costs. Even a small turbine like the PBS 100 will guzzle fuel at low altitude. To get the speed and fuel efficiency, you need to get into the flight levels where you either need masks or pressurization. While the PBS could pressurize a cabin, most light aircraft aren't built to take it. Pressurization actually puts a lot of stress on the airframe. So that just leaves O2 masks, and to most private owners, its just not worth the speed and smoothness of the turboprop

Hey All,

http://www.turbinesolutiongroup.com/

They are putting it in a Vans RV-10. First flight a year ago. It will be interesting to watch what the performance is. A video said 170 plus kts but they aren't showing fuel burns.

-Ed-

It will be interesting to see how that gets on. If they can keep the operating costs down, they'll make a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJZ View Post
    I'm leaning towards the PC-12 at the moment. Its only a single engine turbine, so its fuel burn even at low altitude wouldn't be outrageous.... most of the flights will be a minimum of 650 miles, some cross country. The PC-12 has the altitude capability, and the speed. I'd go for a Cessna 414, but a can't find a good one for FSX
    With a minimum flight distance of 650 sm, I'd pick the PC-12. You will have plenty of time to climb to and cruise at FL200, you will be above a lot of the weather, you will have a much faster cruise speed than a piston prop and with a long descent, fuel burn should be quite economical.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    With a minimum flight distance of 650 sm, I'd pick the PC-12. You will have plenty of time to climb to and cruise at FL200, you will be above a lot of the weather, you will have a much faster cruise speed than a piston prop and with a long descent, fuel burn should be quite economical.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I initially looked at the Cessna 441,but the range and second engine is kind of overkill. Pistons as you mentioned can't really compete with turboprops, so the PC-12 looks like a good compromise. And it can be quickly reconfigured for passenger/cargo/medical uses

Hey All,

Ryan you said in the first post something about a virtual charter op. You joining one or creating one?

-Ed-

I'm thinking about starting one. I'm not sure I'll have the time to dedicate to it though. I'm still mostly brainstorming

Ryan,

I don't know if you saw this 414...

http://www.premaircraft.com/C414_FSX/index.html

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Ryan,

I don't know if you saw this 414...

http://www.premaircraft.com/C414_FSX/index.html

Alan
    I think I tried that one but it lacked a lot of functionality

I got the Flysimware C402 on a sale (15,-~) half a year ago and it has had a lot of hours of use. Very practical if you are not flying higher than 10 - 15.000 feet.
    Besides that, it has a very nice FDE. Its a joy to fly. Easy but very much alive and responsive to changes in weather etc.
    Since I personally dont like Carenado/Alabeo very much, its impossible for me to compare. Each to his own.

if you want to know what is happening to AH2, read this thread, where the develloper answers and tell how things are.
    IŽm curious about how others read it. I read that he is enjoying develloping the game when he has the time, that he will continue to do so and that he doesnt care 1 sec. about when it will be out. IMO, its not a bad attitude and perfectly understandable. The problem is that Just Flight has announced it as "comming soon" for I cant remember how long.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_po...7062&title=ah2

Members who have read this thread: 1