REX on sale but which one to get?

Thread: REX on sale but which one to get?

REX on sale but which one to get?

REX has a great sale but not sure why there are two products that seem the same. Texture Direct and REX Essentials Plus seem to do almost the same thing. Do I need both or?

Im happy user of Texture Direct plus Soft Clouds. I advice it.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have REX Essentials.. Its nice. The Weather engine is not the best. BUT it works.

That said, ASN is onsale at 40% off at PcAvaitor till next sat.

I have ASN and love it so maybe just get the REX Texture Direct. I did have the original REX texture pack but cannot find it or where I bought it to re download.

I bought REX - Real Environment Xtreme v2.0 way back in 2010. There have been SO many changes, I think. Are updates available for this, or will I have to pay for a new version? NC

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    REX has a great sale but not sure why there are two products that seem the same. Texture Direct and REX Essentials Plus seem to do almost the same thing. Do I need both or?
    Cue the song...

MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

A link to what the heck you guys are talking about would be useful. Did somebody say "on sale". Even more needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I have ASN and love it so maybe just get the REX Texture Direct. I did have the original REX texture pack but cannot find it or where I bought it to re download.
    Here 2 examples of REX TD + Soft Clouds and ASN (which I use).
    Not edited.

1/ FSX,
    2/ P3Dv2

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    Cue the song...

That's got to be the best FS add-on sales video I've ever seen. Just brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I bought REX - Real Environment Xtreme v2.0 way back in 2010. There have been SO many changes, I think. Are updates available for this, or will I have to pay for a new version? NC

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com...um/22-fsx-p3d/

RIck

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks Rick.

There are so many versions! I not see REX "Extreme" listed though? I will have to do more research. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0