Native FSX Grumman Mallard
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Native FSX Grumman Mallard

Native FSX Grumman Mallard

LDR Development are pleased to announce that they have offered to take on the native FSX conversion of Milton's Mallard.

The source files were received on Wednesday evening and we already have the model in FSX with native FSX materials. Now we need to work on all the animations (they don't copy over) and make the VC a thing of beauty.

No ETA as it will take a while to do all the work.
    Larry

oh very nice...will be a much loved plane for me.

Glad you've decided to pick this one up Larry. Will be great to see it released as native FSX.

excellent news!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Fantastic!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Grumman G-73T Mallard landing

Grumman G-73T N142PA (c/n J42) registered to Seaplane Leasing II LLC, operated by Flying Boat Inc lands at Miami Watson Island harbour - Florida date September 1999.
    (ps: after landing the RH main gear would not extend...so the a/c taxied around the water, while the crew was working in the problem)

Excellent news. Been testing Milton's G73 ported into FSX since its release. Any chance of there being a turbine conversion variant (as well as radial) for the FSX native model?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Blog Entries
    Very, very welcome news Larry
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Another Grumman amphibian ! Yay ! Flying from the water is almost as good as . . . . . . well you know.
    Larry, what about the Nav 'A' ?

Minor delay on the Navion A, it's nearly finished, but we're waiting on our code monkey getting internet again... so we've just partially shelved it for this moment. (It is coming, as I said, model is done, texture work is done, just some code things to sort)

As for a Turbine Mallard... We'll see when the piston original is finished... but it has been talked about

It's all non-standard stuff to do with animations, custom sounds and effects files and the interaction between them.
    Larry

Those old Chalks Mallards were nice planes. They would haul butt coming out of Government Cut heading to the Bahamas. When I would fly tourists in that area, you had to always watch for those Mallards. They could be on you in a few seconds. The Mallard would be nice. I hope you do a turbine too. Be a nice little collection!

Don

Good show Larry. I'm looking forward to it. BTW, the Ryan Navion is looking sweet in P3D v2.5. Rachel, I took some picture's of a Navion in Coast Guard colors at the Gillespie airshow has anybody done that version of textures? Will send if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    ...a Navion in Coast Guard colors ...has anybody done that version of textures?
    Sounds vaguely familiar...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...on_B_N334J-zip

cheers,
    Lane

After two days work we now have all the exterior control surfaces, doors/hatches and one engine prop set animated in addition to all the materials. The other engine is next and then the dreaded gear animations!

After that we can move inside where I expect progress to slow down considerably as there is a lot of work to do.

We hope to be able to leave the exterior model and mapping untouched so that FS9 paints will fit both versions. The cabin mapping should still be OK but the cockpit is going to be completely reworked.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    Sounds vaguely familiar...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...on_B_N334J-zip

cheers,
    Lane
    Yep, that's the same aircraft.

Neat stuff. Another nice bit of amphibian history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    It's all non-standard stuff to do with animations, custom sounds and effects files and the interaction between them.
    Anything more specific?

If it's just a few items, I might be able to help.

The code is written but I don't have access to it at the moment and so we can't test and correct where necessary. Due to personal situations our coder is without an internet connection for the time being and the project is on hold until he can get back online.
    Larry

Early work in progress of the exterior texture work... She's fsx native now, but bumps and specs aren't active 'yet' as we wanted to get the groundwork in first without that stpe. Starting to build detail and highlights in now... Riveting nearly all done, panels sorted, Larry is working on the gear anims, then we start to hit virgin territory...

It's looking really great...even at this early stage
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Speaking of paints (nudge, nudge) - I'd love to see this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wien-Mallard.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1