JF Tornado GR1 RELEASED - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: JF Tornado GR1 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    We've included 2D versions of the screens. Load them from the Views menu.
    found it... thanks

Charter Member 2012
    The end of a quick flight from Marham to Valley

I haven't purchased the Tornado (Yet!)

But as a sideline observer, I find it a bid ridiculous to compare the 'fps' of this product, to another aircraft... If your RIG isn't up to running the level of detail in the product, for goodness sake, turn some settings down. I thought we were past this in the hard-core SOH community?

If you're like me, your sim is optimized for the best performance, and display. There are so many hardware differences, so many configurations, and preferences, it's silly to compare just 'FPS' from one product, as opposed to another.

Rather.. Find out what kind of VAS is being used... I doubt this hits as hard as you think.

Unless there is severe code flooding, or just a terribly in-efficient systems model, it's likely the large textures that would stump frame rates.. Maybe more GPU would help?

From the screenshots, the developers have done an incredible job modelling and texturing this aircraft. Wow.. Let's appreciate the next-level graphics on this bird. And accept 20 fps... or further tweak until you can get more. But don't blame the dev., for a superior rendition.

Just humble thoughts..
    - Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    Here is an interim hotfix for the performance issues that some of you have reported.
    Once you have installed it you should have a new set of models that should perform a little better. Additionally the switching tool has been extended so that you can remove some of the 2D gauges that are mounted in the virtual cockpit. A combination of the new model and removing some of the gauges should increase the fps you are seeing.
    A must stress that this is an interim update and work to optimise the model is continuing.
    Also included in the download are some fixes for things like the course heading granularity. Again, a proper update will be coming later.

Download

You're feedback is welcomed.
    Although this is the FSX forum, I run the GR1 in P3D 2.5, had fps issues like those reported in this thread. The Hotfix makes it CTD instead.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Hotfix After Fatal Error!
    CTD
    !

Any idea?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Yeah...Im gonna just watch this one with interest for awhile.

I got the CTD in P3D v2.5 as well...

Johan

Try running FSX as admin, it worked for me after the hotfix.

I reinstalled using the original installer. Back to normal now, but with not so good FPS...

Johan

Charter Member 2012
    Here are 5 schemes originally intended as Donationware, but due to the powers at JF towers up to their elbows running fixes and hotfixes.....

I thought i'd throw it out there, (at least the good intentions were there).

to install the schemes all you have to do is copy the texture folders (x5) to the JF_TornadoGR1 folder and then run CfgGen.exe found in the mainJF_TornadoGR1 folder, it will do the rest.

the pack also contains the 2015 Marham Gr4 scheme for the UK's Armed Forces Day

The link is here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eis55tlk7g7nq8k/SaluteOurForces_Pack.zip

Bruce
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

I have read the manual twice and still can not figure out how to turn on the HUD

am i missing a simple power switch ?

There's a large rotary knob top left I think (can't check now, I'm at work), click that one

Andy

Now, if someone could paint it like a GR4, that would be lovely!

Johan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2004442.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Now, if someone could paint it like a GR4, that would be lovely!

Johan
    I have made some repaints http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....rchid=38081277

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    I pulled down a couple Dale. Very nice. Thank you.

after getting it to run fairly smoothly it appears that the plane always banks a bit to the left. i have to trim it around 5% to the right to fly straight on.
    i checked this out with and without loadout but it doesn't matter

also i can't see any parts of the plane when i turn my head in the VC with trackIR

is this normal or is there something wrong with my sim ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    Thanks Dale! Just what I wanted!!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by rezn550 View Post
    after getting it to run fairly smoothly it appears that the plane always banks a bit to the left. i have to trim it around 5% to the right to fly straight on.
    i checked this out with and without loadout but it doesn't matter

also i can't see any parts of the plane when i turn my head in the VC with trackIR

is this normal or is there something wrong with my sim ?
    Rezn, I think you need to calibrate your joystick!

Johan

Before the hotfix I was getting as much as 14fps, after the hotfix I get a fatal error every time. I guess my PC is not up to the job. First and last time I'll pre-order.

Intel Core i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz-18GB RAM - 64bit OS - Nvidia GeForce GTX970 4GB
    Norwich, a fine city.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Before the hotfix I was getting as much as 14fps, after the hotfix I get a fatal error every time. I guess my PC is not up to the job. First and last time I'll pre-order.

Nick,

Don't despair just yet! Knowing JustFlight, they're working hard on the fixes. I for one can vouch for their excellent support and customer service.

Oh, and looking at the specs of your machine, it should do great. You just might want to consider overclocking that CPU of yours!

Johan

Rezn, I think you need to calibrate your joystick!

Johan
    yep that was my first thought too but it happens only in the tornado not in other planes

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hotfix After Fatal Error!
    CTD
    !

Any idea?

I believe I've sorted out this one. I get a consistent CTD (FSX) if I launch the GR1 with hotfix in full screen mode, but it's fine in windowed mode. Once it's loaded, I can switch to full screen and go.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Nick,

Don't despair just yet! Knowing JustFlight, they're working hard on the fixes. I for one can vouch for their excellent support and customer service.

Oh, and looking at the specs of your machine, it should do great. You just might want to consider overclocking that CPU of yours!

Johan

Thanks Johan. I do have faith in JustFlight, I have a lot of their stuff. I will look into overclocking my CPU. Cheers.
    Norwich, a fine city.

People who are experiencing CTD's when running the Tornado with the hotfix could help out by sending the events recorded in the windows eventvwr.

Windows 7-8 users should look for eventvwr.exe and look for the time when the crash happened, copy the details and pm them to Martin and RAS_JF.

You never know, it might help!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Nick, whilst I don't have the Tornado, I do have the same CPU as you and it comfortably overclocks to 4.0GHz (with suitable cooling - 45-50 deg C). This would probably make a big difference to your FPS. Also, have you tried running in DX10 mode which should work well with your GPU (Steve's fixer recommended)?

Members who have read this thread: 1