Thread: JF Tornado GR1 RELEASED

Charter Member 2012
    Mine is even lower that that

i7 3770K OC'd to 4.2Ghz
    8Gb Ram
    GTX 560Ti

as its says below in my Signature
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Hehe, then I guess I'll have to refrain from buying this suberb Tornado. I'd like to, but my i7 960 @ 3,7 Ghz will certainly disagree

If any of you users, who are struggling to get any performance with the Tornado, would like some help.. send me a PM.

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    ok, time for some truth or dare!

Dear Betatesters, we dare you to share with us the specs of your testing rigs!!

Johan

PS: this is all just in good humour. I always have been and always will be a staunch supporter of JF!
    AMD FX-8350 4.0 Ghz
    EVGA GTX 550ti (Stock Speed)
    8 Gb Cheap "Team" Branded memory
    Biostar A960D+ Mobo
    2 x 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda Drives

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    ok, time for some truth or dare!

Dear Betatesters, we dare you to share with us the specs of your testing rigs!!

Johan

PS: this is all just in good humour. I always have been and always will be a staunch supporter of JF!
    Last updated more than 2 years ago, so hardly state of the art; i5-3570 3.4GHz OC to 4.60GHz, GTX 660, 8GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3 2400 and MS-FSX installed on it's own SSD.
    Like other beta testers, I too am surprised at the FPS reaction but am sure JF will deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by rezn550 View Post
    after getting it to run fairly smoothly it appears that the plane always banks a bit to the left. i have to trim it around 5% to the right to fly straight on.
    i checked this out with and without loadout but it doesn't matter

also i can't see any parts of the plane when i turn my head in the VC with trackIR

is this normal or is there something wrong with my sim ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezn550 View Post
    yep that was my first thought too but it happens only in the tornado not in other planes
    Quote Originally Posted by miragecy View Post
    Same case with me

Andy
    This was bug reported during the beta and I was the only one experiencing it. Like you, I found it made no difference whether loaded or clean and I repeatedly checked for fuel imbalance.

Then, for the last few beta versions (including the release candidate), the problem vanished. Thinking back though, it may well have been connected with changes I made in the controller settings after reading some comments by A2A about how 'we' should configure things. It was along the lines of 'use max sensitivities and min null zone'. There was a very good explanation of why this should be done, and seemed to revolve around the fact that most users have the wrong impression about what these settings do and how they should be set, including me. Anyway, I changed the settings as per their suggestions and maybe by pure chance, I now have a Tornado that flies straight.

Hi all

We are currently working on an update which we believe will address the performance issues without removing any functionality from the aircraft. This update should be available later this week.

If you are encountering a CTD in P3Dv2 after installing the performance hotfix, please download this replacement panel.cfg file and move it into your Tornado GR1 panel folder (P3Dv2\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_TornadoGR1\panel), overwriting the existing file: http://cdn.mastertronic.com/justflig...oGR1/panel.cfg

Thanks
    Martyn - JF
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Sounds good! : )))
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Martyn. Will try out the new panel.cfg later.
    Looking forward to the patch. At the moment performance for me is acceptable, but could be better.
    It's a superb model and I'm intending to spend quite a bit of time flying it.

Looks like I'll hold off on installing this jet, despite getting it on pre-pay. I'm on the mid-range of computers and from what I'm reading, it wont be good until a patch is released. Luckily I've got others to fly in the mean time.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

I must say that I am awed by the stellar support of JF once more.

I logged a ticket on their site this weekend, got home from work just now and low and behold: a reply with a solution! AND with good news on a forthcoming update to alleviate the performance problems!

I can now run the Tornado with the hotfix and am eagerly awaiting the forthcoming update!

A BIG thumbs up from me to JF!!

Cheers,

Johan

Couldn't agree more Johan

Prior to this, JF were my favourite FS software company and they remain so. Buying is painless.. downloading is painless.. re-downloading is painless regardless of how many years have passed (it's always there in your folder) and their support has no peers

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Golding View Post
    This was bug reported during the beta and I was the only one experiencing it. Like you, I found it made no difference whether loaded or clean and I repeatedly checked for fuel imbalance.

Then, for the last few beta versions (including the release candidate), the problem vanished. Thinking back though, it may well have been connected with changes I made in the controller settings after reading some comments by A2A about how 'we' should configure things. It was along the lines of 'use max sensitivities and min null zone'. There was a very good explanation of why this should be done, and seemed to revolve around the fact that most users have the wrong impression about what these settings do and how they should be set, including me. Anyway, I changed the settings as per their suggestions and maybe by pure chance, I now have a Tornado that flies straight.
    I forgot to note this earlier but I have a 'left-hander' Tornado too. My joystick settings are default.. never played with them at all. Past experience (particularly during beta testing new models) has shown that any model displaying this characteristic is the fault of the model(airfile/cfg) not the joystick and to be honest.. keeping default settings is.. IMHO.. the way to go. You have to have a yardstick and 'default' is it.

Still.. I'm always open to suggestion and willing to keep an open mind. If the Tonka still goes to the left after the coming patch.. I'll certainly check out the sensitivities change
    ATB
    DaveB

Mine's a "lefty" too. Axis assigned & calibrated in FSUIPC.

This did crop up in testing, we found that the boz pod / skyshadow on the outer pylons being of different weights were causing an exaggerated assymetric behaviour. That was sorted, though, by simply assigning them the same weight. I've just run through the .cfg file and can't see anything obviously assymetric in there but I'll look through it in a bit more depth after my shift tomorrow.

Rgr that mate

For my part at least.. there should be no 'load' imbalance as I've yet to load any stores (assuming that they're not there already and selecting them makes them visible.. I've yet to look). No point in making a marginal situation worse by adding to it
    ATB
    DaveB

Charter Member 2012
    Another 27 Squadron scheme for you

ZA654, 27 Squadron, 75 Anniversary, RAF Marham, 1990

Files here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2l...27Sqn_75th.zip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hl9FgQ1.jpg  
    Last edited by bruce448; June 30th, 2015 at 14:04. Reason: new link added

Nice one Bruce.. cheers

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Great repaints Bruce - you're a rock star!

Is a No. 2 Sqn Arctic Ops scheme something you'd consider?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9_54.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	24691

That is likely my fave scheme on Buccs and Tonks ...

Thanks for your work on this thus far!

Looking to get this model in the next couple of days ...

dl

Nice idea dl and happy birthday btw

ATB
    DaveB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nice idea dl and happy birthday btw

ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks mate - this model will be my b-day present!

dl

Hi all,

After a week spent optimising the model and textures we are seeing greatly improved performance. We still have some work that we'd like to do and therefore unfortunately the update will not be available until early next week.

Here is a list showing what is currently included in the update:

- Optimised for improved performance
    - APU starting issue – fixed
    - LP cock functionality added
    - VC rotary/multi-position switch logic improved
    - Battery draining with APU/ground power connected – fixed
    - Engine start issues – fixed
    - Air-to-air refuelling – tanker speed/altitude adjusted, autopilot system conflict removed, indicated airspeed added to tanker information bar
    - Position of 2D panels adjusted for better visibility
    - AI Tristar KC-1 texture issue – fixed
    - AFDS throttle INC/DEC switch issue – fixed
    - Temporary flameout shortly after takeoff - fixed

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Cheers Martyn , great support from Just Flight.

Thanks for the HU Martyn

ATB
    DaveB

Charter Member 2012
    Just going into the paintshop

Members who have read this thread: 1