JF Tornado GR1 RELEASED - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: JF Tornado GR1 RELEASED

Hi all,

After a week spent optimising the model and textures we are seeing greatly improved performance. We still have some work that we'd like to do and therefore unfortunately the update will not be available until early next week.

Here is a list showing what is currently included in the update:

- Optimised for improved performance
    - APU starting issue – fixed
    - LP cock functionality added
    - VC rotary/multi-position switch logic improved
    - Battery draining with APU/ground power connected – fixed
    - Engine start issues – fixed
    - Air-to-air refuelling – tanker speed/altitude adjusted, autopilot system conflict removed, indicated airspeed added to tanker information bar
    - Position of 2D panels adjusted for better visibility
    - AI Tristar KC-1 texture issue – fixed
    - AFDS throttle INC/DEC switch issue – fixed
    - Temporary flameout shortly after takeoff - fixed

Thanks
    Martyn

Hello,
    nice info! Don't rush with this update. We can wait for superb service pack : ))).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    Just going into the paintshop

That's another beauty Bruce.

Ian

Blog Entries
    Couple more screenshots. Many thanks Bruce for the re-paint.

Ian

Charter Member 2012
    Its getting there

My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

is there already a plain grey livery for the german tornado ?
    would like to see a real dirty one

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    Its getting there
    That's is looking Gorgeous Bruce

We are still busy working on a couple of remaining issues, so I suspect that the service pack will now be available at the beginning of next week.
    Apologies for the delay but there would be little point in us releasing an incomplete service pack at this stage. We hope that it will be worth the wait

(I will announce the service pack here, but you will also receive an email notification too)

Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    We are still busy working on a couple of remaining issues, so I suspect that the service pack will now be available at the beginning of next week.
    Apologies for the delay but there would be little point in us releasing an incomplete service pack at this stage. We hope that it will be worth the wait

(I will announce the service pack here, but you will also receive an email notification too)

Martyn
    No problem! Better to have more polished model.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yup.. thanks Martyn.. no worries

ATB
    DaveB

I can't operate the flaps and the wings.
    The wings don't move at all , regardless the position of the related lever, and the flaps
    position never agree with the lever position. Here are some screenshots (the aircraft is not in cold and dark state).

Also no light in the cwp illuminates and i can't start the apu with external power.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   3.jpg   2.jpg   1.jpg  

Not sure about the last 2 points but I've never had a problem with the flaps or wing sweep. I'm using the standard flaps command mapped to my joystick. Do they work if you use this method?

EDIT: OK.. just tried the flaps and wing sweep using both the controls in the VC and the 2D window. The flaps and wings are doing what the levers say and they match the flap/slat/wing indicator on the VC. I don't have the very latest FSUIPC but if your version is very old.. perhaps this might be the cause? I honestly don't know.
    ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; July 9th, 2015 at 11:19. Reason: Added test info

Also i did a short testflight (with wings forward and flaps one position down, since i can't retract them full up), and have some questions.
    Altough i was flying (see Picture) with the Flight Path Marker in a -7 deg. nose down position and a speed above 300kts, the aircraft was flying level (see vertical speed indicator).
    I also experienced the opposite, flying nose up and descending (speed was not low).
    My system is Windows 7, 64, i7 4790K, 8Gb ram, gtx 770, fsx, fsuipc 4.937 (that's what the manual says), asn, rex 4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flight.jpg  

If you haven't already done so, please submit a support ticket on our website so we can look into the flap/sweep issue that you are getting - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

The APU starting issue will be fixed by the update (the list of fixes is somewhere above). The HUD flight path marker is currently being fixed.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Blog Entries
    An interesting little video:

Ian

Martyn,

We're once again past the beginning of another week, awaiting the fixes that have been promised.

I hope that your team is about the release something.

Not an attack, but reviewing the list of bugs that are being addressed, I have to ask how they were missed in the first place.

As a simulator technician & aerial refueling SME, prior to the fielding of our simulator, we ran through entire pre-flights and missions to ensure that every procedure worked, per the aircraft. Something like an APU or engine start up would be easily caught, unless testers were simply using Ctrl E to start up and go.

I anxiously await this fix and finally try the Tornado in game.

Jeff
    I pass gas!

I'm sure the patch/upgrade/hotfix will be released when all bugs are ironed out.

Myself, I prefer them to take a bit longer and come up with the definitive model, so that they can move on to other projects!

Just my two €cents worth.

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Martyn,

We're once again past the beginning of another week, awaiting the fixes that have been promised.
    Do not hasten JF team . Im sure than They working hard. I know than this situation can do more frustrated people but think than "it's a OPEN beta (pre order) still" and wait for the final version.
    I hope Tornado will recive fps like in F-4E of MV! smooth like a butter but more info is expected : ) .

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Martyn,

I hope that your team is about the release something.

Not an attack, but reviewing the list of bugs that are being addressed, I have to ask how they were missed in the first place.

As a simulator technician & aerial refueling SME, prior to the fielding of our simulator, we ran through entire pre-flights and missions to ensure that every procedure worked, per the aircraft. Something like an APU or engine start up would be easily caught, unless testers were simply using Ctrl E to start up and go.

I anxiously await this fix and finally try the Tornado in game.

Jeff
    I fully agree. Being a payware addon pre-ordered by many simmers, it should have been better tested before the release. Patching , in my opinion , is always not very professional.
    The more you do, the less you dream

I doubt there's many addons released that do not need a patch or two, but I agree, there were a few too many issues on release. It did worry me slightly when the release date was announced a couple of weeks in advance, as I wondered if it was going to be released "ready or not", and it seems this may have been the case.
    I do like the model, and just hope the upcoming patch fixes the outstanding issues.

A bug fixing campaign can be very hard, but I'm sure that Just Flight will solve all or most of the problems that came up.
    I'm waiting a lot the good time to finally buy and ride the Tonka!

And speaking of Tonka, one lost a couple of missiles during landing at RAF Akrotiri today.... Thank God they didn't explode....

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo;966time I preorder something060
    Do not hasten JF team . Im sure than They working hard. I know than this situation can do more frustrated people but think than "it's a OPEN beta (pre order) still" and wait for the final version.
    I hope Tornado will recive fps like in F-4E of MV! smooth like a butter but more info is expected : ) .
    I didn't know that a pre - order is an OPEN-BETA version . Never read on the JF Tornado product page
    First and last time I preorder something

Guys,

Cool down! It's an FS addon for crying out loud. An addon from one of the most respected and helpful firms around I might add.

For those of us who have too much time on their hands: the blogs of Krugman and Stiglitz are available, readable and highly informative!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    there is no doubt that the fps in the phantom are a lot smoother.... but i think in terms of texturing and systems you can't compare those two aircraft.

I just ( flight ) like this bird !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F1.jpg   F2.jpg   F3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1