JF Tornado GR1 RELEASED - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: JF Tornado GR1 RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Guys,

Cool down! It's an FS addon for crying out loud. An addon from one of the most respected and helpful firms around I might add.

For those of us who have too much time on their hands: the blogs of Krugman and Stiglitz are available, readable and highly informative!

Johan
    As consumers, we've simply exercised our right to pose questions and voice our opinions. And it's been in a pretty professional manner.

As dates come and pass, are we not allowed to ask questions about this product that we've paid for? Many in advance.

If no, then this whole forum should be taken down.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

I look at it this way , you can see how the product grows , watch as the Tornado gets developed , its is great to getting a cheaper pre-paid model and watch it build .. in some ways you do become the Test Pilot and that is the best part , across a forum you can put ideas in .. I'm very sure the designers/model builders put this down on their notepads

Hi all

First of all thanks to everyone for your patience, much appreciated

The service pack is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/8479c1c

If you are experiencing performance issues then I'd recommend that you configure the performance options as per the first image in this FAQ: http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/ecf2653

Please note that we are continuing to look at ways to improve performance however we were keen to make our work to-date available to you all. As noted in the FAQ, if you are using FSX then unfortunately you will still encounter an FPS drop with the mouse cursor visible, an issue that is particularly noticeable when using very complex aircraft. We hope to be able to mitigate that issue as much as possible as we continue with our optimisation but unfortunately we cannot fix the issue as it resides in FSX itself.

The service pack also contains numerous fixes and improvements in addition to the work on the performance issue. The support page lists the fixes and new content that is included. Any bugs that have been reported but aren't mentioned in the list are still being addressed.

Just a quick reminder that although we do our best to read every post here, you'll need to submit a support ticket to get a guaranteed response to a query or to report an issue/bug: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Cheers Martyn

Just off to work (drat!!!) but I'll give it a whirl when I get back tonight.
    ATB
    DaveB

Ah, the perks of being on holiday: I just tested it!

Thanks to Martyn and the JF Team! Good frames high speed low level, and it smokes!

Johan

Thankyou Martyn and the Tonka team. Look forward to trying it out later.

Very good news!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Great news, Im looking forward to trying it out when I get home

Tested. Still no perfect in performance (I used all FAQ tweaks) but for sure its a progress. Before it my fps jumps between 19-24 inside (airport, VC front view on the ground), now between 24-29, sometimes to 40 but with noticable stuttering (TiR5).
    Pity, I like very much Tornado and this jet idea and period. Now I have what to do, but id like to back to this Tornado in this year. Fingers crossed still.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Your results are better than mine Yoyo. I was actually doing noticeably better with the hot fix in terms of FPS. Sitting in the mid to upper teens in the VC when in the vicinity of any sort of scenery, with most things turned off, no smoke and the low res textures. If it wasn't for the HUD fix, I'd just go back to the hot fix version.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

It's still pretty bad - and Im close to giving up on this now...

Strange, I have a about 40-45 average in the VC with the tweaks applied...

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Strange, I have a about 40-45 average in the VC with the tweaks applied...

Johan
    I'm not one to throw in the towel. What tweak settings are you using Johan? Maybe I left something critical enabled.
    (But blimey, you're getting more than double what I'm seeing!)
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I don't have this one but maybe it is P3D doing the good work for Yohan, compared to FSX, as Martyn explained above.

Am I losing the plot here? The file size of the VC model has gone UP, with MORE drawcalls, polys & texture verts. How in gods name is that supposed to increase performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi all

First of all thanks to everyone for your patience, much appreciated

The service pack is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/8479c1c
    Thanks Martyn. Will load the service pack on this weekend. Cheers!

Back from work and quickly installed the SP. Ran the config tool first.. selected 2048 textures, ticked everything else off except smoke.. thought I'd have a look at that. Loaded up and in the low to mid teens inside. Had a look outside and got around 18fps! Closed down.. reselected the config tool and ticked smoke off. Now.. 4fps better outside.
    As before.. the further away you get from the ground, the better the frames are but flying over the UK (Cornwall).. it's still quite a painful exercise. It's still dropping the left wing too.
    Overall.. very similar to the way it was after the hotfix and better than it was straight out of the box. I'm afraid it's not a lot of fun to fly like this.. no, I'll go one better.. it's NO fun to fly like this.
    Sorry Martyn.. wish I could be more positive.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I don't have this one but maybe it is P3D doing the good work for Yohan, compared to FSX, as Martyn explained above.
    Are you referring to the cursor issue? If so, I would never judge a model's FPS performance with cursor visible. (Or it would REALLY be poor!)

Anyway, I did a more scientific test in FSX, comparing my VC FPS with low textures, no smoke and min poly count (in the case of SP1), no rear VC (in the case of Hot Fix) all gauges ON and then all gauges OFF.

In the case of all gauges on, SP1 was actually 1.8 FPS faster. In the case of all gauges off, Hot Fix was 0.6 FPS faster. So, there is a small improvement, but I also felt there was less smoothness in SP1. The difference in all off and all on in SP1 was only 1.2 FPS - hardy worth turning things off. As we've seen from some of the other posters, YMMV. This is just my experience. So, while I applaud their efforts, for me, the SP1 isn't what I'd hoped for.

[EDIT] I installed the Hot fix beside the SP1 release (with a bit of twiddling in the aircraft.cfg to prevent conflicts) and ran them one after the other in the same session. I retract my remark about smoothness. I now think the SP1 is every bit as smooth as the HotFix. In the same location and flight scenario, the SP1 is at least similar, and maybe a bit better by a 1/2 an FPS or so. Between the improved HUD and other fixes, it's an improvement overall IMHO.
    Last edited by odourboy; July 17th, 2015 at 15:54.

The more you do, the less you dream

Tried with everything full on (no config tool) and saw 8-9fps in VC. External was 11-13fps.

Shut down and ran the texture config tool in stages. Started with only the reduced textures. Still 8-10 in VC with 12-13 outside.

As I incrementally reduces things to match the suggested levels, I finalized with 15fps in VC and 20-22fps outside.

This was in P3D ver.2.5 on an i7 2.6Ghz, 16Gig RAM, NVidia 965M 2Gig video card. Sorry, but its still not where it needs to be, IMO. They suggest at least an i5 3.2Ghz processor, and less other RAM and video. So I dont know where they need to look. But as Dave said, the VC might be the issue.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post

This was in P3D ver.2.5 on an i7 2.6Ghz

-Jeff
    Well, if you're running an i7 chipset at 2.6, then I think all your problems can be solved by going into the Bios and raising your multiplier to 10, maybe 11. That should give you about 3.3 to 3.6 ghz ...will cut through FSX like a hot knife thru buttuh

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    I'm not one to throw in the towel. What tweak settings are you using Johan? Maybe I left something critical enabled.
    (But blimey, you're getting more than double what I'm seeing!)
    Hi there,

I use the 2048 textures, and with all the tweaks applied as per the FAQ. I did have the smoke enabled. But left that out after a few flights because it is a bit of a framehog.

Dimus and Martyn are probably right. It's because of the way P3D v2.5 handles things compared to FSX.

The SP makes things a lot better for me, but it still isn't a max performer I might add.

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Tested. Still no perfect in performance (I used all FAQ tweaks) but for sure its a progress. Before it my fps jumps between 19-24 inside (airport, VC front view on the ground), now between 24-29, sometimes to 40 but with noticable stuttering (TiR5).
    Pity, I like very much Tornado and this jet idea and period. Now I have what to do, but id like to back to this Tornado in this year. Fingers crossed still.
    Exactly the same experience with YoYo, my thoughts are the same as well... I like it very much but it needs further improvement.
    Andy

Sadly the SP1 doesn't improve my experience with the Tornado.
    I switched everything off in the config tool and use only the "low def" textures but still get only around 13-15 fps (cockpit) in a remote location (OEDR) in the desert with no weather.
    When I switch to the MilViz F-4E i get around 30-35 fps (cockpit) and I don't consider the F-4E a less complicated / complex aircraft resp. FSX/P3D addon.

I hope there's something I am missing here but as other also do state that they still have low fps I guess we have to wait for SP2.

Members who have read this thread: 1