Warning Warning Java update could make Yahoo

Thread: Warning Warning Java update could make Yahoo

Blog Entries

Warning Warning Java update could make Yahoo

The Next time you update the Java software on your computer, pay attention or you might become a Yahoo user!

Why are we always so powerless, this should be a crime.

read all about it
    http://www.cio.com.au/article/578307...arch-provider/
    Look What I Have Become!

There are many dowload installations that "set you up" and want to change a search provider, add a tool bar, make such and such default etc unless you do something to opt out, if the option box even exists. Every so often I weed Chrome's settings and extensions, sometimes finding something that wormed it's way in and delete it. I presume this Java/Yahoo thing can be corrected the same way. Also, sometimes these unwanted programs install as stand-alones and can be removed with Revo Unstaller or something similar.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

I have a small free program which boots with windows called "Unchecky". It sits on the toolbar and monitors installs and if it comes across any sneaky attempts to add possibly unwanted software it pops up a warning and offers you the opportunity to override the blockage. Works great is unobtrusive and virus free. I've been using it for many months and it has saved me often the scourge of unwanted programs or programs which change your settings.

http://unchecky.com/
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

of course, if you just pay attention to what the installer proposes and uncheck what you don't want, you're in the clear.

Yes of course, but occasionally you can get distracted and something can sneak through. Then there are the grandchildren.............
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Blog Entries
    I'll try Unchecky
    Look What I Have Become!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Yes of course, but occasionally you can get distracted and something can sneak through. Then there are the grandchildren.............
    Thanks for the heads-up. Sometimes I do miss or forget to be careful on the default check boxes on program installs and I end up with trash I don't want. I'll try this -- sounds like a good backup for me.

Thanks again.

If you install an update for things like Adobe reader or Java etc they atomaticly install an auto update. Go to add and remove programs and remove the auto update. I decided when I need to update and when I do I'm not distracted. I hate when I'm in the middle of something and a popup telling me something needs updating.

Members who have read this thread: 0