Carrier wake and lights in 2.5

Thread: Carrier wake and lights in 2.5

Carrier wake and lights in 2.5

'I just installed AICarriers and got it to work fine with a manual load. However, when I load "loan carrier", I get the wake at deck height and other deck vehicles floating in the air.

I have read about this all over the place, but haven't seen a confirmed fix for it posted. Does one exist? If so, what is it?

Thanks!

Nobody? I'd really like to use some carriers but it seems as though they all have issues in P3D right now.

I have been installing my favorite aircraft and scenery in P3D v2.5 but have not got around to installing the carriers. That will be next. I don't use AICarriers because I don't like generated carriers. I prefer to create a .klm file and have them run on a schedule. I'm interested to see how they will work in P3D.

There is a new hotfix (4) for v 2.5 that may fix this issue. I have not installed it yet but am curious to know if anyone can report on this. Especially for addons such as the Nimitz.

From Adam Breed's post

Attached floating objects – corrected rendering library objects in a wrong location in relation to the boat veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm SimObject

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/topi...2-5-12946-0-2/

I can confirm that the wakes on Javier's Nimitz are now working properly with the latest P3D hotfix (4). TacPack has also been updated to work with the latest hotfix.

​Been waiting awhile for this! Hotfix (4) for v2.5
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Is that with 3D water turned on?
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStarofRust View Post

​Been waiting awhile for this! Hotfix (4) for v2.5

No. Water is one notch below full with Bathymetry off! I guess I got too excited because only Javier's ship wakes work so far...but I'll take what I can get! Moving forward!
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

Good to know, to be honest the 3D water is nice but unless you're low and slow over it* I don't think it's worth the issue with wakes.

*Like <100kts and 100'

Check this thread. There's a fix for the wake problem in P3D. I have it but not installed yet.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91757-179-New-AI-ships-released

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    Check this thread. There's a fix for the wake problem in P3D. I have it but not installed yet.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91757-179-New-AI-ships-released
    That link isn't working for me. I've found the FSX thread about the 179 AI ships, but can't identify posts relating to a fix for P3D wakes in 3D?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I think the file is on Simviation with the rest of his downloads. You'll have to search. I'm not on my computer now otherwise I would look it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Good to know, to be honest the 3D water is nice but unless you're low and slow over it* I don't think it's worth the issue with wakes.

*Like <100kts and 100'
    Indeed, but personally speaking that is one of my favorite regimes of flight, when flying helicopters from the decks of your classics RN frigates for instance! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I think the file is on Simviation with the rest of his downloads. You'll have to search. I'm not on my computer now otherwise I would look it up for you.
    I had a look around and I think that file just fixes the vertical wakes (i.e. appearing to go up into the sky), rather than the draping of the wake onto 3D waves.

I have not tried it yet but it is supposed to fix a problem with the wake being to high above the water. There is no way that I know to have the wake follow the 3d waves since they are an effect as well.

That is what the latest P3D Hot Fix does (i.e. fix the wakes being too high above the water). For me having the wakes draped over 3D waves is the Holy Grail, but I also see no means of fixing them.

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 0