Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver! - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Milviz is working on a DHC-2 Beaver!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    *Ahem*

MILVIZ IS WORKING ON A 737-300 AND JUST CANCELED THEIR F-4 PROJECT!

A2A IS WORKING ON A CESSNA 182 RG!

AEROPLANE HEAVEN DITCHED THEIR BRITISH FLOP JET PROJECTS FOR A DC-9!

CARENADO STILL NOT WORKING ON THAT DUMB GA AIRCRAFT YOU ALL WANT!

PANGGGGG!!

Bjoern! Bjoern???
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

A Norseman !

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I don't want to pour scorn as I'm sure this will be stunning but I have a perfectly good Aerosoft Beaver I rarely fly that comes in so many versions.. I've had to get rid of them in the aircraft.cfg to improve 'Select Aircraft' load times!! A Norseman I'd be very interested in Honestly can't see why MV went for a Beaver but I'm sure they know what they're doing. Happily for me.. my card is safe

ATB
    DaveB
    What in the world for? They were way under powered and with any load at all it took way too much distance to get off the water. Check Mitre 10 Catalogue and Officeworks Catalogue.If I got off at all.
    The Aerosoft Beaver . Good point. They have been making promises for several years now. Have you seen any results? ME NEITHER.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post

PANGGGGG!!

Bjoern! Bjoern???

Head to Iqaluit and then CYXP PANG!!! Great fun with a Twin Otter and or Beaver, Otter.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

WiP. Some of progress...

Ski, normal and on floats.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

WOW-------awesome!
    Mike

I really, really hope some 2-blade versions will also be made?

Also, the Beaver had hard points under the wings. It would be great if these could be modeled, and also made available for dropping items (for instance parachute supplies), using either the default droppable items code, or even TacPack.

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I hope they are going to do straight floats. Most float Beavers have straight floats.

Don

Icon22

got my vote +1

wow, looking good!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    I hope they are going to do straight floats. Most float Beavers have straight floats.

Don
    I agree.
    Untill now it looks great.

Hello,
    it's a WIP still but I'd like to share the new pictures of incoming DHC-2 from MV in the sim environment.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

+1 Really looking forward to this one!

I hope it's being tested by a r/w Beaver pilot. Beavers do NOT fly like a regular plane. Looks GREAT!! Any idea on time? Approx.!!

Don

I am tremendously excited about this Milviz rendition of the Beaver!

However, I am a little confused as to the small vertical stabilisers on the horizontal tail plane for the "Landing Gear" version??
    Please correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen these on the gear version, only on the float versions.

Cheers,
    Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post

However, I am a little confused as to the small vertical stabilisers on the horizontal tail plane for the "Landing Gear" version??
    Please correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen these on the gear version, only on the float versions.

Cheers,
    Tim...
    You have right....but it's a Tundra version, see this:
    http://islandaero.com/images/51dhc2bbe.jpg
    http://www.barnstormers.com/eFLYER/2...ER-FA01-14.jpg
    http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...-DSC04723a.jpg
    http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/craft/dhc2/dhc2-5.jpg
    http://www.dhc-2.com/1e6a35900.jpg

This airplane has a lot of modifications .

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post

Cheers,
    Tim...
    Those are "Kenmore fins" and you are correct in that they are intended for planes with floats.

Many Beavers switch between floats for the summer and wheels (sometimes with skis) for the winter. It is not uncommon for those planes to have the Kenmore fins on all year long.

The Kenmore fins replace the ventral fin under the tail on older Beavers equipped with floats.

cheers,
    Lane

PS. Will this Beaver have tip tanks as an option?

Thanks for the previews, it's looking great. I;m so looking forward to this release.

Thank you for clearing that up for me Yo-Yo and Lane.

Cheers,
    Tim.

This one has the fins on the tail
    I will be getting a repaint of this one done when it comes out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 265.jpg  

Can't Wait!! Would be cool to see MILVIZ do a Noorduyn Norseman to "Bookend" the Beaver. Both are Legendary in the Bush. (I used to have a deHavilland Tshirt that said "Legendary in the Bush")

The Beaver is looking great! Very excited to get this bird.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    what i see is alot of guys,in a forum meant to be a place where its safe to "talk to eachother and to give opinions" ,talking about what a great plane,this beaver,excuse me..DHC-2 will be..and then they are also talking to their friends about what planes they have currently or in the past that are the same subject or similar to the beaver,and what other planes they would like to see..if you want a commercial forum about new planes (scenery,what ever addons)that doesn't allow any negative comments about the product,and certainly no comments about "wishlist" planes...then ask Ickie to add a new forum section for that,with rules..then let the rest of us use the forums to visit and talk about "things" related to simulator flying..

im sure you will now give me a stern talking to about how wrong i am..so have at it....

Just go over to the OrbX forum. You can get banned for negative comments quite easily.
    On the subject here, this looks like a good job on the Beaver.
    Sue
    Last edited by Penzoil3; July 3rd, 2016 at 14:11. Reason: typo

SOH-CM-2023
    A possible realistic camo paint job for the Beaver .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beaver.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Ah... you didn't mention our B-25. Now I'm saddened!

- Joseph
    Wait a minute ... I thought you were working on a DC-3 !!!

Members who have read this thread: 0