FSX Tigercat SOH Native Conversion Progress - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FSX Tigercat SOH Native Conversion Progress

That is one beautiful bird!!!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Some of the finest artwork I have seen, great job, the Navy blue is a beaut!
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Another shot of the Navy blue one in P3D

Johan

There is "awesomeness" going on everywhere in this thread. Thank you ******** for taking the F7F series to new heights.

And thanks to all the supporting people helping out with beta testing, ideas, and feedback. Great teamwork.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Thank you sir for entrusting the project to me, thank you for your support and most of all thank you for your service to this community.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

All Stars

just saying.

Blog Entries
    A request was made for a modeled set of P&W R-2800 Twin Wasp radials for the Tigercat...they are a WIP, but worth showing adorning the Sea Blue variant. Installation of TacPack is underway as well. I'll need to model the nose cannon and wing hard points. We're down to the eye candy now...

[IMG]http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/********/F7F_078_zpsvbive3cf.jpg[/IMG]
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Wow! This big Cat looks gorgeous !!! You guys are doing a stellar job. Mike

Gman you work fast! looking great! can't wait. Very excites to see the. next variants...will a water bomber version make the cut?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    A request was made for a modeled set of P&W R-2800 Twin Wasp radials for the Tigercat...they are a WIP, but worth showing adorning the Sea Blue variant. Installation of TacPack is underway as well. I'll need to model the nose cannon and wing hard points. We're down to the eye candy now...

[IMG]http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/********/F7F_078_zpsvbive3cf.jpg[/IMG]
    Thank You! Can't wait for sure and for TacPack integration .

Just please notice here the contact points. Not too less? The front wheel is in the asphalt. ; )
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Just please notice here the contact points. Not too less? The front wheel is in the asphalt. ; )
    The contact points are good, this screenshot is taken at a WIP airport scenery I am developing. The ground poly is not "attached" to a platform in this parking area yet. This is where I kind of left off when I switched to the F7F conversion. Needed a break from airports...maybe I should crop the screenie a bit.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Gman you work fast! looking great! can't wait. Very excites to see the. next variants...will a water bomber version make the cut?
    Yep...water bomber will be one of the models. Once we finalize the F7F-1, I'll do the variants. The biggest part of the work was this first model...doing the gear animations, VC etc. The other models share those common attributes, so the only tweaks will be in the fuse.

I finished coding the mouse rectangles in the VC today as well. Look for an update with the engines and live VC.
    Thomas Jefferson

Good, 3D radials!

TacPack basics are done. What I did so far (please feel free to correct me if I did anything wrong):

- Four guns in the wings, two on either side, chosen type is AN/M3*
    - Four cannons in the nose, type: Hispano-M2
    - Created/mixed some gun and cannon sounds, both exterior and interior (so a total of four sounds)**
    - Learned about droppable bombs in TP, so that could be a feature as well

Bombs can be an option, the only real WW2 bomb in TP is the AN-M64 (if I'm correct). Rockets too, but torpedoes are not in TP (yet).

I'm now refining some tracer effect I've modified. The effects in FSX are still difficult to me. As far as I know, there's no other way for triggering effects than attaching them to a poly in the 3D model (like with landing lights) under a visibility condition, or triggering them as lights, or as smoke. So we need to find out our own way for this. I'd prefer the attachpoint approach, since the source model is available.

Cheers!

* TacPack only has a limited number of stores available so far: http://forums.vrsimulations.com/supp...DK#Store_Names
    ** Using Doug Dawson's sound gauge. Could have done this another way, but I'm used to his gauge now.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Blog Entries
    Here's a better shot of the contact points. I must have been tired when I posted the previous shot...

Here you can also see some texture details improved such as gear door interiors. I'm dialing in all of the small details now. We're closing in on a release!

Prepar3Dv2.5 KEDW
    [IMG]http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab202/********/F7F_079_zpsrops9kcy.jpg[/IMG]
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Good, 3D radials!

TacPack basics are done. What I did so far (please feel free to correct me if I did anything wrong):

- Four guns in the wings, two on either side, chosen type is AN/M3*
    - Four cannons in the nose, type: Hispano-M2
    - Created/mixed some gun and cannon sounds, both exterior and interior (so a total of four sounds)**
    - Learned about droppable bombs in TP, so that could be a feature as well

Bombs can be an option, the only real WW2 bomb in TP is the AN-M64 (if I'm correct). Rockets too, but torpedoes are not in TP (yet).

I'm now refining some tracer effect I've modified. The effects in FSX are still difficult to me. As far as I know, there's no other way for triggering effects than attaching them to a poly in the 3D model (like with landing lights) under a visibility condition, or triggering them as lights, or as smoke. So we need to find out our own way for this. I'd prefer the attachpoint approach, since the source model is available.

Cheers!

* TacPack only has a limited number of stores available so far: http://forums.vrsimulations.com/supp...DK#Store_Names
    ** Using Doug Dawson's sound gauge. Could have done this another way, but I'm used to his gauge now.
    Thank you Daan...even though this variant does not appear to have had hard points, we can still model everything and add them to the F7F-3 and other variants. You interested in the current beta for your testing?
    Thomas Jefferson

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    You're becoming a TacPac guru, Daan!

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thank you Daan...even though this variant does not appear to have had hard points, we can still model everything and add them to the F7F-3 and other variants. You interested in the current beta for your testing?
    Oh sure I am!

@Stickshaker: I'm finally getting the hang of it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Gman you work fast!
    I was actually working on the radials for a while....was keeping them under wraps, waiting for a more technically dialed in model before I added them. Can't wait to see your next screenies!
    Thomas Jefferson

So, these are the tracers. I'm testing them, in the basic Tigercat configuration, TacPacked, on the heavily modified Fokker G.1 by Michel Migaud (my testbed).

I use two separate tracer effects, one for the guns and one for the cannons. For the time being, I included them in the aircraft as landing lights and strobe lights These are the only lights that can be set to on or off using XML, the other lights can only be toggled which is rather unuseful in this case. TacPack has a variable that can be read, saying whether the station is firing or not. If it's firing, the landing/strobe lights are set to ON, else to OFF. Better we get them hard-coded in the model.

Not very well visible in these pictures, but the effects are composed of one/two tracer emitters, two shells emitters, one/two smoke emitters and a muzzle flash thingy.

As seen from the cockpit, on impact:

Hope u like it!
    Cheers!

Edit: not everybody may know, but the impact effects are created by TacPack.

Nice work! BIG Thank You!

I dont know, but is Tigercat carry any ungided rockets like HVAR for example? I cant find any info, just this screen of model but different version:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

i wish someone would make a "model" (?) of the Nevada County airport,Grass Valley Air Attack Base,that would be compatible with the FTX Orbix NA Northern California scenery.it would be so great to fly this as Cal-Nat's (Airways) "E-43",which is now "Bad Kitty".would be a blast to fight fires in my area...lol..

http://historicflight.org/hf/collect...cat-backstory/ history on Bad Kitty

PS..they are not and never have been water bombers...they are "Retardant AirTankers" ,retardant and the old "borite" mixes are indeed made with water,but the slurry made and carried is Retardant,which starting this season is a lighter pinker color...

in 1983,i was hit,,it was a direct hit,by an S2A carrying retradant,knocked me on my azz.and then the departments equipment man refused to give me new gear..so i used pinkish red "yellows" or wildland gear for the rest of that summer and the next season..the local CDF (CalFire) Batallion Chief nicknamed me pinkman....until i caught up with him when he moved to a house up the street where i lived...wont say what i did for payback..but he called me "Mr Dave" for the remainder of both of our fire carrears..his wife worked at the office my surgern uses,one day don was there when i came in,,he was beind the walls between the office and the waiting room.he hollars "Hey Pinkman" ,guess he didnt realise i knew the back entrance..so i snuck up on him and gave him a wedgie..seriously..don is about 5'6"..im still 6'4"..i was very close to 6'6" before i was injured,but i grabbed him..spun him around,reached in his waitband and grabbed ahold of his shorts and pulled with all i could...you could hear them ripping.....the women ,except his wife,were in shaock and yelling..davey what are you doing?..ect...Don turned around ,and was laughing so hard he was almost convulsing...his wife just said...told ya years ago not to tease men who are bigger n you Don...and she walked out of the office...it raised such a comotion that all four doctors had come out to see what was goin on...al of them were laughing after they understood what had happened...the next few times i saw him..it was a nice "hello Davey"...lol

To answer your munitions questions, download the attached from the link.

http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...eam/f7fdoc.zip

Also some attachments
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

a few more ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ok, thanks for that Mr. Shupe! I see I have to change the guns/cannons config.

Hey Gman, maybe you can find something useful for the radial here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/res...urce-file.153/

After all it's the same engine basicaly!
    Luca

Members who have read this thread: 0