Milviz_P-38L Marge

Thread: Milviz_P-38L Marge

Milviz_P-38L Marge

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is a repaint of the Milviz P-38L. "Marge" was the aircraft of Richard Bong. Flying the P-38 Lightning in the Pacific theater Major Richard Bong was the top scoring U.S. Ace during WWII with 40 kills. A skilled flyer, Bong was noted for his silent approaches to his airfield with both engines feathered. As he swooped over the field he would loop his P-38 and land. He claimed to have poor gunnery skills (this was far from the truth in that he was so good at gunnery that his commanding officer had him remain at Luke as an instructor for several months.) for which he compensated by closing on his targets until he was nearly touching them. Repaint by Tom Stovall, based on the paintkit by Milviz.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Milviz_P-38L Marge
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Best "Marge" paint in the world, spot on.

Thank you very much stovall.
    I've been inside and all over Bong's P-38, now located in Superior Wisconsin. I'm from Poplar Wisconsin and went to school where the aircraft was once stationed as a display.
    I know this is an older post to reply on, however you did a bang up job with this repaint sir! Salute!

Members who have read this thread: 1