IRIS Grob G 115E / Tutor T.1 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRIS Grob G 115E / Tutor T.1 released

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    There's one subtle difference here. The model in question is payware.. or had you not realised that??

ATB
    DaveB
    Of course I realise that, and I won't even buy it, because it is not my cup of tea. The point that I was making is that nowadays people are incredibly harsh to devs. Freeware and payware.

In the old days, we used to chuckle about rivet counters. Nowadays, most of us have become that way.

I will (and have) criticised devs and firms about their politics and policies, I will never criticise them about the product in public. I'll send them a pm.

And Bjoern was right. This is a lot of nitpicking about a recent release. Maybe there will be updates or even servicepacks?

Point out flaws in Pm's or on their support site, but don't kill their sales in public (payware) or downloads (freeware).

Now, if someone releases payware that isn't even up to freeware standards, by all means, go all the way. But the things that were pointed out here are details.

Just MHO.

Johan

This thing costs 24€, so it's about on par with what you get from other companies at a similar level of sophistication and/or with a similar amount of fallacies.
    If you want a perfect bells-and-whistles model, go tell IRIS, but don't fail to mention that you'll happily pay twice of what the model costs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Of course I realise that, and I won't even buy it, because it is not my cup of tea. The point that I was making is that nowadays people are incredibly harsh to devs. Freeware and payware.

In the old days, we used to chuckle about rivet counters. Nowadays, most of us have become that way.

I will (and have) criticised devs and firms about their politics and policies, I will never criticise them about the product in public. I'll send them a pm.

And Bjoern was right. This is a lot of nitpicking about a recent release. Maybe there will be updates or even servicepacks?

Point out flaws in Pm's or on their support site, but don't kill their sales in public (payware) or downloads (freeware).

Now, if someone releases payware that isn't even up to freeware standards, by all means, go all the way. But the things that were pointed out here are details.

Just MHO.

Johan
    Hi Johan

Well.. your last point is emotive isn't it. Is this model to the same standard and quality of finish as say.. Milton's Bounty?? In all honesty, I'd say not.

As for the things mentioned coming under the category of 'rivet counting'.. I don't think so. Some things seen as innovative years ago are now the norm in both freeware and payware for the most part so you tend to notice them when they don't happen. Were this a freeware model.. none of the things mentioned would have bothered me or would they have been worthy of note. Animations in the cockpit when viewed from outside don't bother me but it's the norm these days.. likewise a 'live' panel. Of all the models I looked at, only the default Cessna was static and this has been dragged screaming from sim to sim over many years. Little things like chocks are not necessary at all but are 'the norm' and have been for a long time. The crews thumbs going through the control column looks a bit naff but I can live with it. I honestly can't see how having no click-spots on the parking brake got through the net but it did.

All of the above are observations.. no more, no less. If this is considered nit-picking or rivet-counting, I'd have to disagree but each to their own We've all come to expect a certain level of build much the same as you expect to see a steering wheel in front of your seat when you get into your car. You'd tend to notice if it was missing

This thing costs 24€, so it's about on par with what you get from other companies at a similar level of sophistication and/or with a similar amount of fallacies.
    If you want a perfect bells-and-whistles model, go tell IRIS, but don't fail to mention that you'll happily pay twice of what the model costs now.
    I think I'll buy a lottery ticket this week as suddenly.. I can see into the future!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I think I'll buy a lottery ticket this week as suddenly.. I can see into the future!!
    This model has a "Try before you buy" feature.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the great feedback. Please accept my apologies for the issues in the FSX version of the aircraft, a new build will be coming shortly to address some of the faults found in the FSX version.

As for the static background in the external model, whilst we appreciate that some may consider this to not conform to the 'norm' and as others have pointed out, we've used 3d cockpits in external models previously, we also wanted to ensure the best performance by reducing polygon count in the external model where we could.

I won't be drawn into the comparison argument between different developers products, however the pricing is comparable to other IRIS aircraft of a similar design and complexity, and of course caters into account our local currency.

As for the lack of pilot animation, whilst it may be 'standard' in the industry by other developers, it's not so here at IRIS. Quite simply because we've never been able to master the art of skinned animation to model the pilots.

And to close, for those who are new to IRIS, we do have an evaluation version of the product to try to ensure it works correctly on your system. This is the first time we've done this method of aircraft production, and we do hope that it won't be the last.

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Agree 150%! Where is the time when people would be elated about a release from Piglet and not even dare to comment negatively about it. But that changed. Sadly also towards Piglet.

It's the same nitpickers that made him go away.

Johan
    As Piglet always said in so many words..... Don't complain about it, after all you got it for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Hi Everyone, thanks for the great feedback. Please accept my apologies for the issues in the FSX version of the aircraft, a new build will be coming shortly to address some of the faults found in the FSX version.

As for the static background in the external model, whilst we appreciate that some may consider this to not conform to the 'norm' and as others have pointed out, we've used 3d cockpits in external models previously, we also wanted to ensure the best performance by reducing polygon count in the external model where we could.

I won't be drawn into the comparison argument between different developers products, however the pricing is comparable to other IRIS aircraft of a similar design and complexity, and of course caters into account our local currency.

As for the lack of pilot animation, whilst it may be 'standard' in the industry by other developers, it's not so here at IRIS. Quite simply because we've never been able to master the art of skinned animation to model the pilots.

And to close, for those who are new to IRIS, we do have an evaluation version of the product to try to ensure it works correctly on your system. This is the first time we've done this method of aircraft production, and we do hope that it won't be the last.

David.
    It would be possible to add the 3d cockpits in external models as upgrade ?
    this would make this really great addon

David.
    Cheers David:-)

In the interest of framerates alone.. I'm more than happy with a static VC. A little animation would have been nice from the pilots but as I've already said.. they are beautifully made. I'd probably go as far as to say they're the best looking crew (in terms of realism) I've seen in a very long time. I've certainly seen none better.
    The only thing I'd really like to see are click-spots on the parking brake though to be honest.. if this never happens, it won't detract from the enjoyment I'm getting from the model.
    The idea of a try before you buy is great and limiting it to 5k rather than 1k (as JF) gives the user a much better idea of what they're getting. I missed this completely though as I've said.. I'd still have bought it

Keep 'em coming
    ATB
    DaveB

I just wanted to mention that I think it's worth a big kudos to the developers for providing a 'try before you buy' version.

I can't count how many times I've purchased something, done a few spins in it, and then ended up regretting my purchase for one reason or another. Sometimes there's flaws that I just can't overlook, sometimes it's just doesn't end up being an enjoyable experience to fly, and sometimes it just doesn't 'grab' me as much as I thought it would. I almost always chalk it up to both experience and to my inclination to give in to temptation.

I believe that since the idea of 'if-you-don't-have-something-nice-to-say-then-don't-say-it' is seeming to be the rule everywhere for payware products these days, it's getting harder and harder to make an informed decision.

All of that, however is completely irrelevant when a developer has the courage to provide a demo. It's the ultimate in informed decision making, and it's incredibly appreciated.

So, thank you.
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyRFR View Post
    I just wanted to mention that I think it's worth a big kudos to the developers for providing a 'try before you buy' version.

I can't count how many times I've purchased something, done a few spins in it, and then ended up regretting my purchase for one reason or another. Sometimes there's flaws that I just can't overlook, sometimes it's just doesn't end up being an enjoyable experience to fly, and sometimes it just doesn't 'grab' me as much as I thought it would. I almost always chalk it up to both experience and to my inclination to give in to temptation.

I believe that since the idea of 'if-you-don't-have-something-nice-to-say-then-don't-say-it' is seeming to be the rule everywhere for payware products these days, it's getting harder and harder to make an informed decision.

All of that, however is completely irrelevant when a developer has the courage to provide a demo. It's the ultimate in informed decision making, and it's incredibly appreciated.

So, thank you.
    DITTO, Who can argue with try before you buy... well maybe developers because that may be a significant effort in time and $$. and it may be a further fraud risk. I have no idea. If not, then I am a big support of test drive before buying.

I cannot get these vc lights in FSX:

It is a my problem or are not implemented?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11031031_10153270982597416_5225062572252573932_n_zpsnk1wsekj.jpg~original.jpg  

In a word.. no. This must be one of the inconsistencies between P3D and FSX.. the instrument panel lighting doesn't work at all. The Map lighting switch and dimmer work as does the instrument lighting and dimmer but no instrument panel lighting. Difficult to tell if it's broken or if it's a P3D 'only' thing which puts us in an awkward spot. It'd be nice to have even without a dimmer as the map light will leave you night blind for a week!!! Perhaps we should quietly fire a support note to the developer

ATB
    DaveB

The instrument panel lighting is a P3D only function due to the way Prepar3D handles mouse interactivity. In FSX, the Instrument Panel Lighting function conflicts with the ability to interact with objects on the instrument panel. Unfortunately this is an issue within the simulation and something we cannot address from a model standpoint.

The instruments can still be illuminated at night in FSX and the Map Dimmer function provides an overall spotlight effect for cockpit illumination though, so night VFR and IFR operations are still supported.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The instrument panel lighting is a P3D only function due to the way Prepar3D handles mouse interactivity. In FSX, the Instrument Panel Lighting function conflicts with the ability to interact with objects on the instrument panel. Unfortunately this is an issue within the simulation and something we cannot address from a model standpoint.

The instruments can still be illuminated at night in FSX and the Map Dimmer function provides an overall spotlight effect for cockpit illumination though, so night VFR and IFR operations are still supported.
    ok.thanks for the clarification!

Thanks David

ATB
    DaveB

25% less for Tutor, the last hours (and other IRIS models too)

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ol...cgWllCqjOlfY83

"In celebration of Armed Forces Day in the UK, we have 25% off all RAF Aircraft on our store, including the Vulcan, Grob Tutor, Venture MG.1 and Texan Driver products."
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0