C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded
Page 1 of 20 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded

C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded

Just uploaded to Sim Outhouse and Flightsim.com. Zips may need a little time to clear library admin.

FSX Boeing C-97G Stratofreighter (new) and KC-97G Stratotanker (updated). Previous installation of basepack "FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta" required. This update includes the C-97G Freighter model and modifies the KC-97G Tanker model to include a cargo hold and cargo door. All intermediate patches issued so far have been integrated as well, so all you need to make the pack work is an installed V1 Beta basepack (either patched or unpatched).

Cheers,
    Manfred

Looking good!

And I liked the tanker already a lot!

Cees

Yahoo!!

Waiting for the download to become available
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thank you Thank youThank you
    The more you do, the less you dream

Question

Since the liveries are interexchangable between C-97Gs and KC-97s, can we have simple instruction on how to install C-97 liveries on KC-97, please?

FSX Boeing C-97G Stratofreighter (new) and KC-97G Stratotanker (updated). Previous installation of basepack "FSX Boeing C-97 V.1 Beta" required. This update includes the C-97G Freighter model and modifies the KC-97G Tanker model to include a cargo hold and cargo door. All intermediate patches issued so far have been integrated as well, so all you need to make the pack work is an installed V1 Beta basepack (either patched or unpatched).
    So it means I should install C-97 and KC-97 with cargo doors into SAME folder as KC-97 with all its latest updates?

Sorry for too stupid questions but I am whiz in installations of jet add-ons but NOT in propeller ones LOLOL Installation of any propeller plane add ons is more difficult than jet add ons. LOL

Thanks,

Aharon

WooHoo! Thank you Team Strat
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Blog Entries
    YEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWW! A BIG TEXAS THANK YOU!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

A HUGE thanks from me too. Excellent

ATB
    DaveB

Icon22

GGGRRRREEEEEAAAAT !!!!!!!!

Hello Aharon:

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Since the liveries are interexchangable between C-97Gs and KC-97s, can we have simple instruction on how to install C-97 liveries on KC-97, please?
    I believe the C-97G was design so as to allow all the KC-97G textures that have been done so far (and probably in the future) to work on the C-97G. The 'secret' is this: You install the 'texture folder' the way you normally would BUT when you go into the 'Aircraft config' file to add the necessary info in there, you have to decide what airplane you want that 'texture' to show up on and make sure the third line down (model=) is pointing to the right aircraft you want it on !! Another words, all that information that was sent along with that particular texture - that will gon in the 'aircrfat cfg file' will be [fltsim.??] (you fill in the number for ??) and if you want to see that 'texture' on the 'tanker' (KC-97G) then you want to make sure "Model=KC97G".. If you want it on the cargo version, then "Model=C97G"..

So it means I should install C-97 and KC-97 with cargo doors into SAME folder as KC-97 with all its latest updates?
    Yes again sort of !! What I did was make a 'main' folder and called it "Boeing_C-97G". Then I dumped everything into that folder and went from there.. When I was all done 'transferring' everything over from my 'original' (or old) folders, I deleted them.. You just want to make sure - when your all done - that you now have 'everything' under one 'main' folder..

Sorry for too stupid questions but I am whiz in installations of jet add-ons but NOT in propeller ones LOLOL Installation of any propeller plane add ons is more difficult than jet add ons. LOL
    NO question is stupid !!!

Thanks,

Aharon

Hope this help ya get going..

Bill
    Last edited by WND; June 6th, 2015 at 12:47.

Absolutely fantastic
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yup.. it simply gets better

Had the freighter up for a couple of hours and all worked as expected. Notice on this release that any mouse-look on Shift+4 that invokes a text box also brings a stutter.. just one as the text box loads and displays. Not a problem but never noticed this on the KC. Maybe it's starting to push my old i5 rig a little more.
    Also.. I note the ramps won't function unless engine 2 is running. Not a problem.. I assume the ramp takes power from the generator serving engine#2 Didn't see any mention of this in the readme but it didn't take long to fathom. Other engines may also work.. #1 definitely doesn't.

Love it to bits
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

Had the freighter up for a couple of hours and all worked as expected. Notice on this release that any mouse-look on Shift+4 that invokes a text box also brings a stutter.. just one as the text box loads and displays. Not a problem but never noticed this on the KC. Maybe it's starting to push my old i5 rig a little more.
    Also.. I note the ramps won't function unless engine 2 is running. Not a problem.. I assume the ramp takes power from the generator serving engine#2 Didn't see any mention of this in the readme but it didn't take long to fathom. Other engines may also work.. #1 definitely doesn't.

Love it to bits
    ATB
    DaveB
    I can't get the Shift+4 menus to display properly after the update. The issue affects both the KC and C variants but when I reverted back to the previous versions of the gauge & monitor cab files, the original Shift+4 menus display properly. Not sure what to make of it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

Love it to bits
    ATB
    DaveB
    Dave:

The ramp actually needs hydraulic pressure to operate rather than electrical - and the only 2 engines that have a hydraulic pump on are #2 and #3..

ALL:

As far as the 'shift 4' and 'monitor panel' issues go, I can't help ya there - I actually don't bother with them since everything I need is on the 'monitor panel' itself and that all works fine for me..

Check out the 'individual' help menus on each panel !! Real neat !!

Bill

I can't get my ramp to lower at all. Monitor panel just shows "---" for the ramp. Using the tailhook key won't lower it either. Tried a second download then replaced the C97 model along with the new panel & air files, still the same result. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    I can't get my ramp to lower at all. Monitor panel just shows "---" for the ramp. Using the tailhook key won't lower it either. Tried a second download then replaced the C97 model along with the new panel & air files, still the same result. Am I missing something?
    YES !! First of all, you have to have either #2 or #3 engine running. Pull up your "monitor panel" - where it says "RAMP ----", click on the --- with your middle mouse button, it should then say "UP" which is telling you what position their in. Then use your left mouse button on "UP" - it will change to "DN" and there ya go !!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    YES !! First of all, you have to have either #2 or #3 engine running. Pull up your "monitor panel" - where it says "RAMP ----", click on the --- with your middle mouse button, it should then say "UP" which is telling you what position their in. Then use your left mouse button on "UP" - it will change to "DN" and there ya go !!

Bill
    I was doing everything right, EXCEPT having my middle mouse button programmed as "middle button". Seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Now that all's well with the C-97 ramp operation the old Master Sergeant unfortunately still has a problem. Yes, I know it's stupid, foolish and nitpicky but it somehow bothers me every time I see it. The orientation of the US flag on the right side of the tail is not correct. The field of stars should always be forward. Rant over, and thank you Manfred for a great airplane!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Milstones-c97-070919-03-16.jpg  

Thank you very much

Just wanted to say thanks to Milton and his crew for the C-97.

I managed a successful install as per directions without a hitch.

Edit: Thanks to Manfred and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to Milton and his crew for the C-97.

Gray Eagle:

The C-97G and the KC-97G (which are a WIP) are actually being done by Manfred Jahn and his crew !!

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Gray Eagle:

The C-97G and the KC-97G (which are a WIP) are actually being done by Manfred Jahn and his crew !!
    Oops my bad sorry , err...Thanks to Manfred Jahn and his crew

Both Milton and Manfred (and others) develop great stuff and I just lost track.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Now that all's well with the C-97 ramp operation the old Master Sergeant unfortunately still has a problem. Yes, I know it's stupid, foolish and nitpicky but it somehow bothers me every time I see it. The orientation of the US flag on the right side of the tail is not correct. The field of stars should always be forward. Rant over, and thank you Manfred for a great airplane!

Hey Msgt:

WOW ! I never picked up on that either !! However I just got done doing research on it and apparently it's more of a military thing than a civilian issue..

From what I read and if I understand it correctly, the "Union" (stars) always face the direction of travel first to give the impression of the rest of the flag waving behind as it normally would.. Learn something new every day !!!

I'll pass that on to MJ for correction since he did the Californina paint..

Bill

C97 Flag

I tried my hand at correcting the flag on the right side (file C97_03.dds) I thought while waiting for MJ to remedy this that I would try a temp fix.

Edit: I removed the link for the fix as I don't know if MJ would approve me offering the corrected file as that is his baby.
    If MJ approves, then I would gladly provide a link for the corrected file.

THANK YOU for a fantastic airplane! This is a little (or should I say BIG) dream to fly! I LOVE the monitor panel. What a brilliant idea!

Don

Members who have read this thread: 5