C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded - Page 11
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded

Pregnant Guppy?

Pregnant guppy anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dmq View Post
    The C97G flown by Air Force pilot Jesse Callahan in the 1950s between Yokota and Travis. I've repainted this scheme in FS95 - FS2000 - FS2002 - FS2004 and now FSX

Beautiful! Thanks very much Dave. I hope Jesse is doing well...wherever he is.

Brian

Thanks for reproducing these obscure paint schemes! It's a nice history lesson.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Some repaints of the last flying C-97G.

N1365N, last flight was 2003. Sold at auction to buyer Clay Lacy, together with N972HP + N29862.
    In Nov.2008 at Greybull seen being worked on inside hangar; it seems owner wanted to bring it back to its
    military configuration, so the tank was taken out. Repaint covers N1365N in 2014. Still at Greybull.
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

This is a very quick and unfinished repaint of a Stratocruiser Pan Am Clipper.

I am not a friend of making repaints of "not existing" models based on Strat Teams Stratofreighter. And I am not very interesting to fly a Stratocruiser model. What do you think about 377 repaints using C-97G models? A lot of things are not really working on a 377 like doors or windows on C-97G models. And I am unsure to finish it.

Thomas
    Oh ! Yes - please...

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by usafvet View Post
    Nice Travis repaint DMQ, I hope you will release it. ...............
    up on Flightsim.com as of 24/06/15

Pan Am

Found this on Google. Thought I'd contribute. I thought the 377's didn't have that "what ever" protruding from under the nose section and the C97's did.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Found this on Google. Thought I'd contribute. I thought the 377's didn't have that "what ever" protruding from under the nose section and the C97's did.

Yes I collected it too, but there are minor issues due to real N1038V I made. The nose pod is the housing of the weather radar. All late Pan Am 377 are modified with the pod between 1957/59 I read it somewhere.

I will finish the Clipper Constitution repaint this evening and upload it here on SOH Library.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Northwest Airlines added radar to its fleet of B377s in the mid 1950s. In 1957 Pan Am still had 25 B377s. The 8 operating out of New York in the Atlantic Division were refitted with radar. The 17 in the Pacific-Alaska Division in San Francisco went without until they were withdrawn from service. BOAC's aircraft didn't have radar either. Transocean bought 14 of BOAC's aircraft. I think if that airline had survived past 1960 the FAA would have mandated radar be added to their fleet.

I am not a friend of making repaints of "not existing" models based on Strat Teams Stratofreighter. And I am not very interesting to fly a Stratocruiser model. What do you think about 377 repaints using C-97G models? A lot of things are not really working on a 377 like doors or windows on C-97G models. And I am unsure to finish it.

Thomas
    Well, I definitely like it and to be honest I hardly play with doors.

Cheers
    Huub

Thomas
    No nitpicking intended; N1038V was Clipper Hotspur
    Clipper Golden Eagle was N1029V.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Managed to get in tonight and found all Jankees' B377 downloads. Hit the jackpot.

and there's another in the pipeline, just a fun one to cruise around in Oz:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jankees,

Where did you get awesome Heavy Lift AI traffic??

And of course, awesome livery that you painted in Brain and Brown livery.

Regards,

Aharon

No nitpicking intended; N1038V was Clipper Hotspur
    Clipper Golden Eagle was N1029V.
    I am working on repaint for N1038V Clipper Constitution http://www.airlines-airliners.de/fot..._am/n1038v.jpg. Clipper Constitution N1038V (c/n 15938) was delivered to PAA on September 29, 1949. Later it was renamed Clipper Hotspur and retrofitted as Super Stratocruiser in 1954. Clipper Hotspur was stored at New York until being traded to Boeing in 1960, then sold to Mansdorf who sold it to ASI who used it as the airframe of registration for the 377SG. Source is www.allaboutguppys.com/377f.htm

Thomas

Blog Entries
    Yes I collected it too, but there are minor issues due to real N1038V I made. The nose pod is the housing of the weather radar. All late Pan Am 377 are modified with the pod between 1957/59 I read it somewhere.

I will finish the Clipper Constitution repaint this evening and upload it here on SOH Library.
    Indeed. Seen here, in about 1960:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1a80af357bf5ec5b98fbd153cea9f1e8.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	24543

I seem to recall, as Ti points out, that the weather radar came around 1958/9 too, but I can't find photos that show that on the scheme during that period, only this drawing, as well as a few diecast models:

Name:	5001_6.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	24544

Tom from Calclassics could likely set us straight on exactly when they came on ...

dl

Oh by all means, and a great color scheme it was!

If things work out as planned we are going to have an early C-97 version without chin radar. Actually, as you can see, the 377 had different spinners and prop blades and doors etc. A2A's 377 has all that, and the early PAA paint is available, too.

Meanwhile, one more preview shot of what's going to be in the next update -- the mysterious EC-97G as seen by YT in 1968. Note the ELINT belly pod and the partly erased Technical Data Block, hiding the actual type designation.

P.S. I think this aircraft marked my first excursion into repainting back in the days of FS98. The model I put that livery on was by one Dave McQueen....

Blog Entries
    http://www.nycaviation.com/2014/08/a.../#.VY2w0U2JhGE

Scroll a bit down. Perhaps it is what you are looking for. It is N1040V.
    YES! Awesome. My favourite PAA scheme ever. Looked good on the contemporary DC-6s and Convair 240s, too.

http://www.nycaviation.com/newspage/...59-a-2-wja.jpg

Thanks for that.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

If things work out as planned we are going to have an early C-97 version without chin radar. Actually, as you can see, the 377 had different spinners and prop blades and doors etc. A2A's 377 has all that, and the early PAA paint is available, too.

Meanwhile, one more preview shot of what's going to be in the next update -- the mysterious EC-97G as seen by YT in 1968. Note the ELINT belly pod and the partly erased Technical Data Block, hiding the actual type designation.

P.S. I think this aircraft marked my first excursion into repainting back in the days of FS98. The model I put that livery on was by one Dave McQueen....
    Wow, that sure does look nice. Looking forward to it. Thanks for all the effort.

Bill

http://www.nycaviation.com/2014/08/a.../#.VY2w0U2JhGE

Scroll a bit down. Perhaps it is what you are looking for. It is N1040V.
    Most of the Pan Am Atlantic Division B377s with radar were ferried out to San Francisco in the Fall of 1959. I took some photos of them there during the White Sox - Dodgers World Series time frame before they scattered to the wind. N1040V, Clipper Invincible and N1031V, Clipper Donald McKay were never painted into the newer "meatball" paint scheme. N1029V, N1034V, N1035V, N1037V, N1038V all were. I believe the surviving SFO based aircraft were all repainted. I need to search for my PAD fleet list from that time to verify in case I'm in error.
    Last edited by dmq; June 26th, 2015 at 16:26.

That would be me when I used BAO Flight Shop to make models -- trial and error...trial and error....

EC and HC, too much to take! Nice add-on of power cart and Fire watch bottle, now I can quit having to add them to my base scenery. Looks great Manfred!!!! and Many thanks!
    USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Indeed. Seen here, in about 1960:

Name:	1a80af357bf5ec5b98fbd153cea9f1e8.jpg 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	24543

I seem to recall, as Ti points out, that the weather radar came around 1958/9 too, but I can't find photos that show that on the scheme during that period, only this drawing, as well as a few diecast models:

Name:	5001_6.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	24544

Tom from Calclassics could likely set us straight on exactly when they came on ...

dl
    I have a picture of N1031V taken at SFO in 1959 after it had been stored in that livery. I will try and find it among my stuff.
    Last edited by dmq; June 26th, 2015 at 17:03.

I have a picture of N1031V taken at SFO in 1959 after it had been stored in that livery. I will try and find it among my stuff.
    Found it!

Last edited by dmq; June 26th, 2015 at 17:04.

Blog Entries
    Awesome!!!!

Manfred, you don't have 4 faired spinners lying around, do you?

Looooooove radials with faired spinners....

DL

Members who have read this thread: 6