C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: C-97G Stratofreighter Uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Hello Ziggy - and welcome to SOH..

There are NO correct wing views from the VC at this present time however as the project goes along and gets closer to being completed - there's still a lot left to do - I believe Manfred (if not someone) will add some.. At this point tho, he's just concentrating on getting aircraft out and having what he does get out work properly..

Hope this helps..

Bill

Thank you you for the kind welcome Bill, and thank you for the reply.
    It's gonna be fun watching this one progress, what a beauty

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    TiAr - I read the article referenced in the link. The story mentions a covert opening in the aircraft the camera was pointed through, covered by a hidden hatch. Are you thinking of modeling this hidden hatch into the Spy birds?

I had to dig deep to find this one. Taken in 1959 with my little box camera at SFO, between the hangar and the offices, N1040V is stored away in its last Pan Am livery.

And, one more, also from 1959, N1029V stored at SFO in the newer paint scheme. Its parked adjacent to the lagoon where the Boeing 314 Clipper flying boats used to dock and be towed on a dolly to dry land. Notice the support at the aft end of the fuselage. Without the two engines attached it was possible that the aircraft could raise up and settle on its rear end.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Jankees,

Where did you get awesome Heavy Lift AI traffic??

And of course, awesome livery that you painted in Brain and Brown livery.

Regards,

Aharon
    You will find them in the ORBX Traffic files.

The B&B repaint can be found in the Warbirds Library here at SOH.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmq View Post
    I had to dig deep to find this one. Taken in 1959 with my little box camera at SFO, between the hangar and the offices, N1040V is stored away in its last Pan Am livery.

And, one more, also from 1959, N1029V stored at SFO in the newer paint scheme. Its parked adjacent to the lagoon where the Boeing 314 Clipper flying boats used to dock and be towed on a dolly to dry land. Notice the support at the aft end of the fuselage. Without the two engines attached it was possible that the aircraft could raise up and settle on its rear end.
    Now that's a thing of beauty, right there ... thanks for posting!

dl

Indeed, these photo are true gems. Thanks Dave!

Sim User Feedback Bug Report

Hi. Using the 2nd Patch version of the model. Few things may be of interest.
    No issues with performance or gauges.
    Minor problems with outside views, exterior views missing sections of outline or not showing, I noted on a flight yesterday that the nav lights and landing lights were visible from the left pilot position but not the wing or engines. Had not considered the fact that should see them due to too much time in jets where you can't.

The control panel setup I think is one of the most innovative changes to sim models for a long time and lets you get done the jobs required to setup radios, nav etc quickly and hence a crew member would do. On a session yesterday I clicked on the left hand bottom side of the window and the whole thing went to a minimum view or a basic short bar with two icons, close and another which I presumed would resize the window and monitor panels, it did not but only brought up a window outline. Had to shut down the sim and restart as a result as I could find no way to get the window sub display to work and hence the controls and setup areas in the various monitor sections but the model continued flying perfectly.

I think this is a great project and an interesting aeronautical simulator(ion) experience. The sim performance and experience is in my humble view fairly close to the real thing. I have had very dated and short experiences as passenger in this generation of aircraft (Constellation, Catalina, DC6 DC4 DC3) but a lot or real aeroplane flying hours in heavy multi-engine piston aircraft as a former pilot. So I find the fidelity excellent. This was the technical monstrosity referred to by the late Ernest K Gann and the FE ran the show, the engines and the electrical systems to go with them required constant attention and monitoring or adjustment. I think the overall modelling is great and the textures and cockpit so far not bad but hey lots of time for improvement and change, which is the great part of this model and the great team who made it happen. For some reason this is not a mundane and uninteresting aeroplane but one that I find grows on you in a way that is fascinating, it was a fascinating aeroplane and all from grafting a pressurised passenger capsule onto a B29.

The only comment I have and this applies to all sim models is that piston engined aircraft and aircraft of this generation all had a response process that had lag, hardly noticeable for some and very for others but was always there due to mechanical conversion or transfers of input via wires, cables or hydraulics to a control or simply mechanical or physcial intertia, I don't think this can be modelled into flight sim. Oh and the smell of gasoline, oil and sweat and in some fear!

Bendyflyer, many thanks for the report. The VC is still very much of a site under construction. There aren't any proper wingviews yet, but they are on the To-do.

For the Monitor gauge pls check the "H" for Help button available for each subpanel. The click spots on the bottom line allow you to turn on some crew chatter, to reduce or expand the number of subpanels, and an exit option. This should be in more or less working order.

In the update version (see new thread) the VC has a small placard close to the yoke spelling "MON", and this can also be used for opening and closing the Monitor window.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

Hm, I might because I need them for the YC-97A (I think), the early Angel of Deliverance version. Getting rid of the rear loading doors wouldn't be terribly difficult either. What's holding me back a little is that the 377 is A2A territory and there is little point of doing a C-97 > B377 conversion unless they help us .
    I missed this comment earlier, and upon reading it, had this thought.

Personally, I see there being enough room for both. A2A can't claim the 377 as exclusive any more than PMDG could with the 747 (vis-a-vis say, POSKY), Captain Sim the 707 (vis-a-vis HJG's 707s) etc. The "market" is replete with models covered by both payware and freeware, and I, for one, would not begrudge using the current (or eventual future) VC with a 377 model done by you and your team. I think eyes are wide open by all on expectations around systems modeling and what's available from the A2A, insofar as lighting, engine system modeling, loadout management, etc - versus the proposition your models offer. I'd argue there's a whole bunch of folks who would love to dip their toe into the classic propliner world for whom such a model (in FSX) would be a dream come true.

Obviously, I'm sure we'd all respect your decision whichever you choose, but if it is not a massive effort exterior-model wise, your own VC will be happily enjoyed paired up on a b377 you do.

Just my opinion.

dl

ps - had a great flight in the KC last night, can't wait for the EC!

Wholeheartedly agree with dl there Manfred

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by dmq View Post
    very nice additions

Is this paint available?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Is this paint available?
    Gray Eagle
    Yes, she is available for download at FlightSim.
    Old MSgt

Taxing with No 2 and 4 engines only

After landing, I will commence a taxi to the tarmac and shut down #1 and # 4 engines. I noticed that only one throttle lever is responsive and the plane will not have much speed.
    How do I resync the throttle levers to where only #2 and #3 are responsive to my joystick lever and the others are in the off position. In spot view, #2 and #3 props do stop spinning
    but to look at the cockpit throttles only one moves when I use my joystick throttle.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kopie vonosx-yosemite-wallpaper-el-capitan-landscape.jpg  

Is this paint available?
    Yes, its on Flightsim.com -- tal_c97.zip

After landing, I will commence a taxi to the tarmac and shut down #1 and # 4 engines. I noticed that only one throttle lever is responsive and the plane will not have much speed.
    How do I resync the throttle levers to where only #2 and #3 are responsive to my joystick lever and the others are in the off position. In spot view, #2 and #3 props do stop spinning
    but to look at the cockpit throttles only one moves when I use my joystick throttle.
    GE

It sounds like you have shut down 1 & 4 individually therefore after the #1 & #4 engines have stopped, click on 'engines' in the respective monitor panel and it should 're-sink' #2 & #3 back together.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    GE

It sounds like you have shut down 1 & 4 individually therefore after the #1 & #4 engines have stopped, click on 'engines' in the respective monitor panel and it should 're-sink' #2 & #3 back together.

Bill

Bill.
    That worked. Thanks. When I held the mouse cursor over the engines I saw the "synch all" bubble and all four red throttles move together.

"Butch"

Running the HC up and down Lake Michigan, flying support for NAS Glenview training....

Cruise alt 1500, from MKE south to Chicago, North to Green Bay, then Home to Selfridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  
    USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

Wow sweet I need to download this and use my a2a vc with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

C-97 Update 2.....minor issue.....

I can't get the GPU cart and a fire extinguisher bottle to show up. No problem with the wheel chocks or steps via the Shift + 3 pop-up window. It's not a deal breaker for me, just wondering if any one else has this issue?

My computer hardware is listed in my sig below (all drivers are up-to-date), and I'm running FSX Acceleration on WIN XP Home Edition.

Regards,

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    C-97 Update 2.....minor issue.....

I can't get the GPU cart and a fire extinguisher bottle to show up. No problem with the wheel chocks or steps via the Shift + 3 pop-up window. It's not a deal breaker for me, just wondering if any one else has this issue?

My computer hardware is listed in my sig below (all drivers are up-to-date), and I'm running FSX Acceleration on WIN XP Home Edition.

Regards,

Tommy

Good evening Tommy:

If you have been running the C-97G prior to todays 'update' release, I would suggest you move or delete your panel folder and then install the panel folder from the update Then load up and on the 'misc' monitor screen, put your mouse over GPU and 'click' your MIDDLE mouse button - it should then show up for you. The 'middle' mouse button controls the 'visibility'..

Hope this helps.

Bill

Members +
    I found this thread.. & it makes great reading..
    http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...date-available

A LOT of great info

Members who have read this thread: 6