Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alabeo C404 Titan released

Alabeo C404 Titan released

Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I'm kind of confused with Alabeo. They started out doing interesting planes, but it seems they've converted over to doing what their sister company was doing and no longer do those interesting birds. Can we go back to what you started doing? Far more intrinsically interesting.

Sorry to start the comments negative.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    I'm kind of confused with Alabeo. They started out doing interesting planes, but it seems they've converted over to doing what their sister company was doing and no longer do those interesting birds. Can we go back to what you started doing? Far more intrinsically interesting.

100 percent agree. However, its a business, so I am sure being more mainstream pays better? I for one bought a lot of their stuff when I was using FS9 like the T-34 V tailed Bonanza etc, because they were interesting.

I myself like the difference. A true appreciation of aircraft and aviation is exactly that. Yes we all have favorites or types, GA, Military,etc.. But most seem to think that only a few favorites should be focused on. Because, YES! , We need another 172, 737, 747, P-51.............!

I look forward to more NON-mainstream NON-overdone aircraft.

Good Day,

Decided to purchase it. It is a very nice addon, in my opinion. I've only had it up and about briefly, but I'm not seeing any readily apparent issues with it. Looks great, sounds great, and performs great. We really have nothing else like this in the sim yet, so it's refreshing to see. A civilian heavy piston twin.
    Here's a few screenshots (postprocessed) around Nuuk, Greenland. Did a quick re-registration and re-flag on the default Aussie livery so I have a local example for the scenery. Scenery is FSDG-Nuuk: http://fsdg-online.com/sceneries/41-nuuk.html

The aircraft comes with a blank white livery, as well as two private US examples, one Brit (Ordnance Survey), one German (Hansa Luftbild), and one Aussie (seen here just with a re-reg and re-flag).

Looks like the shots were fairly compressed....hopefully you'll still get the gist of things. Also note that the product album on Alabeo's page has 50 images!

I may have come off wrong. Been having a rough week. I still wouldn't mind taking her for a spin.

We all have bad weeks Cody...but I do agree that a return to the more unique aircraft would be welcome. That said, the Titan seems to perform well, everything seems to function, looks good, and is a well rounded Alabeo product. Of course I have a soft spot for twin Cessnas, so it was a must have for me, even if the trend seems to be follow Carenado mantra.

Icon26

After rereading my post, I didn't come across the way I meant to. Sorry. I do hope that they get back to some of the unique aircraft like the early ones they did, c195, G-BEE, WACO, Crop-Dusters, etc.. But as long as they're producing aircraft that we have yet to see in Flight Sim, that will be a big +. I wouldn't mind seeing a Ag-Cat, Air-Tractor. Radial & Turbine. I do appreciate the developers that spend countless hours making our hobby a greater experience. But all in all, I look forward to quality over quantity.

Keep Smiling
    Good Day
    Last edited by NAVY DOC; May 30th, 2015 at 08:24.

Blog Entries
    Alabeo and Carenado are always automatic purchases for me, but I'm personally at the point where I have enough light twins and corporate jets to satisfy my needs. I spend most of my time developing and not flying...so I don't really take advantage of what I already own.

The problem lies in the fact that there are simply too many good candidate aircraft to be built, and not enough developers capable of carrying the load. The existing devs are building increasingly more incredible models, and this demands time. I, for one, applaud their efforts and encourage all developers to continue the trend.

That said, there are some major gaps in the lineup. The B-25 needs to be done to state-of-the-art specs as well as a dozen others I can think of. There is a DC-6 in the wings, but the Connie needs the masters touch as well. Milton's D-18 is a beautiful airplane that I fly regularly, but I'd love to see a fully realized 3-D cockpit built to todays spec. If I thought about it, I could list 50 niche aircraft that I'd buy without hesitation if they were available.

In terms of design excellence, Milviz has just raised the bar again with their P-38. I'm confident that A2A or PMDG will bump up our expectations again with their upcoming works. I only wish there were more people out there with the massive resume required, the talent and the interest to do the work that our developers do. I mean really...how many hyper talented people want to enter this market? It takes passion, devotion plus a good dose of insanity and I can tell you that from personal experience.

I'm in the same boat with the rest of the gentlemen who posted here. I'd love to see everything eventually arrive on the market, but I also realize the these decisions are made by people who have managed to remain in business throughout a less than favorable economic environment. Kudos.

My thanks and heartfelt gratitude goes out to our friends here who devote so much of their time to developing the incredible freeware and pay ware that also grace our virtual environs and hangars.

IMHO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post

And -sadly- the price is going higher and higher all the time... But even with that in mind, I am tempted. How would you compare this with the C402 and C441 from Fltsimware?

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    And -sadly- the price is going higher and higher all the time... But even with that in mind, I am tempted. How would you compare this with the C402 and C441 from Fltsimware?
    I have the Flysimware 402C. Comparing it to the screen shots of the Alabeo C404, the Alabeo looks quite a bit nicer. I'm interested to hear about systems modeling, flight dynamics and how the Alabeo C404 hits frame rates. The Flysimware 402 has pretty good systems and flight modeling given the confines of FSX and it actually does well on my aging computer, but it has a bad habit of inducing blurry scenery textures. I've even resized the 2048 textures down to 1024, but the Flysimware 402 really taxes my computer. I've wondered if part of the problem is all the separate gauge CAB files and things like the radios and GPS have independently modeled buttons, knobs, textures, etc.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I have the Flysimware 402C. Comparing it to the screen shots of the Alabeo C404, the Alabeo looks quite a bit nicer. I'm interested to hear about systems modeling, flight dynamics and how the Alabeo C404 hits frame rates. The Flysimware 402 has pretty good systems and flight modeling given the confines of FSX and it actually does well on my aging computer, but it has a bad habit of inducing blurry scenery textures. I've even resized the 2048 textures down to 1024, but the Flysimware 402 really taxes my computer. I've wondered if part of the problem is all the separate gauge CAB files and things like the radios and GPS have independently modeled buttons, knobs, textures, etc.
    Thank you for the information. It looks like no Flysimware for me!

Having the FSW 402C as well as the Alabeo 404, they both run at the same FR on my machine, an aging I5 laptop. Systems go to FSW although Alabeo has shown improvement in both the DA-42 and the Titan. Textures and good looks go to Alabeo. Alabeo has made the twins a bit better than Carenado in my opinion, such as the engines aren't linked as flying a single engine, but can at different throttle settings have mismatched rpm's.

It's really an individual choice in what you want to spend your money on. Both developers seem to be getting better.

Just my two pennies worth.

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The B-25 needs to be done to state-of-the-art specs as well as a dozen others I can think of.
    There are two B-25s in development and one is reportedly getting close. The one getting close is from Vertigo Studios and John Terrell (Bomber_12th) is also working on a B-25. I think the former is a B-25J and the latter is a B-25C, I'm not completely sure, though. Of course, the H is the one I want, lol!

I would love to get the Alabeo C404 and the upcoming Navajo from Carenado, but their new planes create too many stutters on my system. It just can't handle the load from all of the detail and high end textures. Some day I'll have a PC that can, though, and then I'll be flying the wings off of their planes as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    There are two B-25s in development and one is reportedly getting close. The one getting close is from Vertigo Studios and John Terrell (Bomber_12th) is also working on a B-25. I think the former is a B-25J and the latter is a B-25C, I'm not completely sure, though. Of course, the H is the one I want, lol!

I would love to get the Alabeo C404 and the upcoming Navajo from Carenado, but their new planes create too many stutters on my system..

I've been following those throughout the process. I'll be ready when they are. Performance...well.....getting the 777 into NCA/FB SFO is still a bit to choppy for me. lol I've probably got less than 40 hours in that plane.

I'll pick up the Titan in the next few days...and forget about the rest of my liveries for a couple weeks. She's just too gorgeous to ignore.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Decided to purchase it. It is a very nice addon, in my opinion. I've only had it up and about briefly, but I'm not seeing any readily apparent issues with it. Looks great, sounds great, and performs great. We really have nothing else like this in the sim yet, so it's refreshing to see. A civilian heavy piston twin.
    Here's a few screenshots (postprocessed) around Nuuk, Greenland. Did a quick re-registration and re-flag on the default Aussie livery so I have a local example for the scenery. Scenery is FSDG-Nuuk: http://fsdg-online.com/sceneries/41-nuuk.html

The aircraft comes with a blank white livery, as well as two private US examples, one Brit (Ordnance Survey), one German (Hansa Luftbild), and one Aussie (seen here just with a re-reg and re-flag).

Looks like the shots were fairly compressed....hopefully you'll still get the gist of things. Also note that the product album on Alabeo's page has 50 images!
    How do you like the NUUK scenery? Looks interesting, but a bit out of the way.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I have the payware scenery for Simmarket BGSF and now FSDG Nuuk. I'm tempted to buy the C404 from Alabeo atm seeing that modified Greenland paint. Ah the flight's from CYFB
    As for the FSDG Nuuk Scenery she is very fluid and friendly and gets along with FTX Global and Vector. If you have the FTX Global airports manually remove BGGH.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    How do you like the NUUK scenery? Looks interesting, but a bit out of the way.
    Nuuk is definately out of the way, but the scenery looks excellent. Features the small airport and the "city" of Nuuk. It makes for a nice exotic destination together with some of the addons here:
    http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html#greenland

This type is personally a classic. Titans flew night mail to my old home town back in eighties. One pilot had set his ADF frequency wrong and he hit a hilltop just 10 km from EFJO. He survived the crash but the rescuers did not find the wreck during night and the injured pilot froze to death. I remember that Titan´s had very beefy sounds. We young glider pilots saw those night flyers as heroes.

Once again as with C195, I would like to have contemporary avionics and gauges and not these modern computers.

I wish developers would follow MilViz's lead. The MV Cessna 310R features a "free radio" version in which you can plug in whatever radios, radar, avionics, and whatnot that will fit into the provided panel space.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Nuuk is definately out of the way, but the scenery looks excellent. Features the small airport and the "city" of Nuuk. It makes for a nice exotic destination together with some of the addons here:
    http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html#greenland

Bought it. Well done, very interesting and indeed remote. Nice configuration panel too!

d

well i got the C404 last night and its amazing how far Carenado and Alabeo have come

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Decided to upload the previously pictured Greenland re-registration. Should be available in the library under "FSX Civilian Prop skins" soon.

Also note that SP 1.1 has been released for this addon. Fixes some flight dynamics issues, gauges, and other misc items. Requires a redownload and reinstall from Alabeo or your vendor.

Finally, if anyone would be interested in a Norwegian or Icelandic fictional re-reg of the blue/silver livery, let me know. Again, the paint kit is not user friendly...

Hi Sean, many thanks for the Greenland-Reg. - a norwegian one would be great

Kindest regards

Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 0