FSX Native Flyingboats?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Flyingboats?

FSX Native Flyingboats?

First of all, I would like to apologize if this has been discussed to death but I had difficulty to track a similar topic in SOH. Apart from the great Aerosoft's Pig Boat, has there been any working Boeing 314 Clippers for FSX or something like China Clippers or other pre-war flyingboats? We got a handful of floatplanes and amphibs. Thanks
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Search the AVSIM or FlightSim file libraries for 'Jens B. Kristensen'. Jens made a bunch of freeware seaplanes for FSX. The external models look superb but be aware that the VCs are not payware quality but are functional.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Peg o my heart View Post
    First of all, I would like to apologize if this has been discussed to death but I had difficulty to track a similar topic in SOH. Apart from the great Aerosoft's Pig Boat, has there been any working Boeing 314 Clippers for FSX or something like China Clippers or other pre-war flyingboats? We got a handful of floatplanes and amphibs. Thanks
    We modeled the Douglas Dolphin a while back which included the pre-war Catalina Island seaplane base scenery. It's still available on or website and most vendors

Jens made the Shorts Empire flying boats in FsX Native as well as Fs9. Here shown with a repaint by Damian Radice (Windrunner):

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I like the Jens M130 clipper. The FSX version work well in FSX. Have not been able to find a B314 made to work in FSX. Perhaps some one knows of one?

the aerosoft Catalina Flying Boat is my Fav For FSX

and calling it a Pig is not cool Its one of the best Long Range Flying Boats you can have it earned the right to be called by its name
    Being Flown By The Allies in WW2 to save Down Pilots and to Sinking enemy ships Its insult to call it a Pig!

PBY catalina Flying Boat a True American Hero!

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Don't forget all the great amphibians. Flagrant promotion.

I use Mike Stone's Boeing 314 in both my FS9 and FSX installs. I have the Pilot's B-314 and it's great in FS9 (unless you use Golden Wings scenery ... then the spinning prop is messed up).

Spad54 ... love your Dolphin and appreciate you including a CNAC skin. I fly a lot in 1930s China and the Dolphin gets a workout. Now, if I could convince you to add a Keystone-Loening C4H to your hangar ... I'd be in clover because it's sorely missing. I have some information on it if there's any interest. I'll push my luck and throw in a request for the Single engine "1930" as well since I have 3 photos of it in China with CNAC markings.

I've found that nearly all FS9-built will port over. Yes, you have to diddle with the props and some other issues ... but if I can do them ...

JBK and Deitmer both did a ton of flying boats and Paul Clawson's Consolidated Commodore.

Id like to see one day good modelled Short S.25 Sunderland for FSX/P3D.

but few days ago I returned to PBY Catalina of AS, realistics engines option is very nice.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Id like to see one day good modelled Short S.25 Sunderland for FSX/P3D.

Hi YoYo,
    What water & water effects are You using ?

It isnt FSX , just painting.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

YoYo, is that your own "Commander Aircraft South Pacific Force" paint job on the PBY or is it uploaded somewhere?

A few years back I sent an email to FSBreak the now defunct podcast. The email was to their guest Mathias Kok, of Aerosoft. I asked about the possibility of Aerosoft developing a B314 along the lines of their Catalina. If I remember correctly the response I got was something like much as he'd like to see a native B314 for FSX, most simmers buy models of aircraft that they can physically see in real life and as such Aerosoft couldn't justify the development costs.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    YoYo, is that your own "Commander Aircraft South Pacific Force" paint job on the PBY or is it uploaded somewhere?
    Yes, on SOH .
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=947&doit=Go (stovall)

Quote Originally Posted by arrowmaker View Post
    A few years back I sent an email to FSBreak the now defunct podcast. The email was to their guest Mathias Kok, of Aerosoft. I asked about the possibility of Aerosoft developing a B314 along the lines of their Catalina. If I remember correctly the response I got was something like much as he'd like to see a native B314 for FSX, most simmers buy models of aircraft that they can physically see in real life and as such Aerosoft couldn't justify the development costs.
    I've always had the feeling AS was disappointed with their Catalina sales figures.

I would also like to see a good developer build a B314. I got Mike Stone's B314 working in FSX but P3D will need someone with much more knowledge than I to get working.

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Nearly forgot I started this thread, and when I could access my PC I went to download the suggested freeware flyingboat a/c from AVSIM. It is right, the panel is quite 'old'. There is also this Short Sunderland from First Class Simulation but havent decided to jump on the fence, instead, having flown this beautiful freeware - a major update for default FSX Grumman Goose I found on OZX

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-hd-redux-120/

It is nearly impossible I guess to have a serious Boeing 314, the only two Clipper 'survivors' are located on the bottom of The Pacific and there has not been any survivor displayed/stored, and verifying the handling characteristics would be difficult. It is very unfortunate, the Clipper is a very big romantic plane.

Ah, and the Aerosoft Cat is nice too, but I am not patient enough cruising at 100 knots at FL120 and the cylinder head is prone to overheat
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

Btw. Do You remember this plane of Bill Lyons for FS2004?
    http://www.avsim.com/pages/0404/classich/classich.htm

Sikorsky S-43 “Baby Clipper”. It was a nice addon!

A few faves in FSX and DX10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mars.jpg   japanese goose.jpg   marlin 11.jpg   dx10 reflections.jpg  

There is also this Short Sunderland from First Class Simulation but havent decided to jump on the fence..
    Every time I see that in a sale, I want to buy it but the VC is dire and the bump maps give it panel lines similar to Titanic. Check out the reviews.. pretty much everyone hates it!! Darned shame as the model looks ok.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yes, on SOH .
    Thanks YoYo, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowmaker View Post
    ...much as he'd like to see a native B314 for FSX, most simmers buy models of aircraft that they can physically see in real life and as such Aerosoft couldn't justify the development costs.
    Disagree with this entirely. Simmers are various communities. Not just one. The Avsim folks tend to do commercial aviation. The CalClassic guys do propliners. The folks here like military. And other communities exist as well. Some of us, cut across multiple genres. Helicopters, etc. Most of what I personally like isnt around any more. Especially older military stuff.

I guess what Matthias may have been saying is his company has a limited focus with a targeted audience. Being good at a very deep level vs being a survey company, more like Alphasim was or Virtavia now?

As I recall Bills S-43 came with some nice scenery in Hawaii as well? Bill Lyons always gave great value for money. Always loved his work.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    As I recall Bills S-43 came with some nice scenery in Hawaii as well? Bill Lyons always gave great value for money. Always loved his work.
    Yep and very nice missions with detailed briefing. It was a time and big fun!

The S43 was one of my favorites back in the GW3 days.

Members who have read this thread: 3