MILVIZ F-100D Tbird WIP

Thread: MILVIZ F-100D Tbird WIP

MILVIZ F-100D Tbird WIP

Slowly making progress on the tbird. P3D2.5 has some great lighting.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Just a suggestion, but the Thunderbirds are a "Spit n' Polish" group. Their aircraft would never show that much grime and dirt. If you were to visit their hangar at Nellis, the Crew Chiefs are constantly cleaning and polishing their aircraft. I know there are those who feel, weathering is a must, but not in the case of the Thunderbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Just a suggestion, but the Thunderbirds are a "Spit n' Polish" group. Their aircraft would never show that much grime and dirt. If you were to visit their hangar at Nellis, the Crew Chiefs are constantly cleaning and polishing their aircraft. I know there are those who feel, weathering is a must, but not in the case of the Thunderbirds.
    Ditto for the Blue Angels.

I haven't done the wings, hstabs or vstab yet. or refueling boom.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I haven't done the wings, hstabs or vstab yet. or refueling boom.
    So are you saying that all that dirt is from the base aircraft?

Agree, even to the point when they have to get on the aircraft for maintenance, they take their boots off and wear special slipper socks so they leave no scoff marks.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Nope. I'm not saying that at all. This isn't the only paint I'm working/worked on...I believe I'm just using my previous wings textures ATM as a place holder until I create the blue underwings feathers. At any rate, its all WIP for the time being.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Nope. I'm not saying that at all. This isn't the only paint I'm working/worked on...I believe I'm just using my previous wings textures ATM as a place holder until I create the blue underwings feathers. At any rate, its all WIP for the time being.
    Mate,

If you're doing the textures for this, this will definitely be bought by me!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Mate,

If you're doing the textures for this, this will definitely be bought by me!

Johan
    Thanks for the compliment! I'm just a beta tester. But I've also got access to the paint kit. MV fulltime texture artists are the real geniuses..and they have some Awesome paints which at this time are still hush hush...but they are great. This one is using the paint kit. The previous one which a few pics are on the Milviz Facebook page was modified to provide a few texture edits and custom alphas and speculars. The same will be done with this one. Currently if Colin chooses to include them it's up to him, and I will gladly donate them if that's the case. I'm happy to give back in some small way to the community. I'm doing this of my own accord and wanted to show just some WIP for anyone interested in the progress of the F100D.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thanks for the compliment! I'm just a beta tester. But I've also got access to the paint kit. MV fulltime texture artists are the real geniuses..and they have some Awesome paints which at this time are still hush hush...but they are great. This one is using the paint kit. The previous one which a few pics are on the Milviz Facebook page was modified to provide a few texture edits and custom alphas and speculars. The same will be done with this one. Currently if Colin chooses to include them it's up to him, and I will gladly donate them if that's the case. I'm happy to give back in some small way to the community. I'm doing this of my own accord and wanted to show just some WIP for anyone interested in the progress of the F100D.
    I cannot wait for this bird. I want a Georgia Air National Guard F-100D just like I used to see with the 116th TFW at Dobbins AFB, Marietta GA when I was a kid. One time I got to fly their actual "simulator" of the F-100, which was a full size static cockpit that hooked up to a giant computer device that powered the steam dials. Run by a AF TSGT. :-)

These were Vietnam veteran A/C still sporting the SE Asia camo.

the F-100 is a beast. But a beauty in my eyes.

E

Thanks for your work on the textures and the screenshots, Rick. Very much appreciated. From what I see, I also look forward the F-100.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks Roger. I'm also highly anticipating the community getting their hands on it!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 4