Dove tale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dove tale

Dove tale

Well, as many will have discovered by now, Just Flight have adopted the Dove/Devon series and also the BAC One-Eleven. So all future testing and release decisions will be coming from them. We will continue to post updates on the production at our Facebook pages. Dove/Devon is about to hit the beta test programme. One-Eleven is a little way off yet.

I do like that black cockpit version , that looks gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well, as many will have discovered by now, Just Flight have adopted the Dove/Devon series and also the BAC One-Eleven. So all future testing and release decisions will be coming from them. We will continue to post updates on the production at our Facebook pages. Dove/Devon is about to hit the beta test programme. One-Eleven is a little way off yet.
    Oh oh. What happened? Your Grumman support was/is quite excellent.

Those are looking great, thanks for the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Oh oh. What happened? Your Grumman support was/is quite excellent.
    Nothing happened, we have enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial association with JF that goes back 12 years. When and if they see something they fancy they put up their hands. It takes a little while to sort the details but their reach is way bigger than ours right now. As for support, we're usually at the end of that line anyway. As for AH, we have a lot of exciting things going on and a few more releases due this year.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Bazz, you have just answered my question before I even asked it regarding JF. On their FB page they have an announcement but the picture they show is turbo prop powered Dove. Never saw one of those in Australia. When I was having flying lessons out of YSBK I saw a Skyways Dove there on a regular basis. On one particular day I was 3rd in line behind this particular Dove and a twin Piper. Just after we took off and turned for the training area I just happened to see the Piper climb suddenly and slice through the fuselage of the Dove. We called in the incident and circled the area until we saw the emergency services arrive as we had to guide them to the location.

Hope I get a similar invite as I did with the Friendship .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hey Pat,

Not sure what you were looking at but there's no turbo Dove there mate. Two different engine types and nacelles but no turbos. I am sure you will get the usual invite.

Understand the reach that Just Flight have but sorry they are in testing control. I'll just wait for the cheap special price in that case.

Not sure I understand what you mean. It's all the same, whether we test it or they do. We still do the work.

1-11 Hmmmm JF have a tough one to beat in the free Maltby model even given its age. I hope they can surpass it.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Oh we'll do our best...

Oh we'll do our best...
    Looking forward to that

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    1-11 Hmmmm JF have a tough one to beat in the free Maltby model even given its age. I hope they can surpass it.
    Just for the sake of accuracy, it's Derek Palmers model, not Dave Maltbys.
    Looking forward to the AH/JF release.

Will the BAC 1-11 come with a 34 Squadron Royal Australian Air Force paint?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7353/1...ede81733_b.jpg

Cheers,

Tim...

Nothing happened, we have enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial association with JF that goes back 12 years. When and if they see something they fancy they put up their hands. It takes a little while to sort the details but their reach is way bigger than ours right now. As for support, we're usually at the end of that line anyway. As for AH, we have a lot of exciting things going on and a few more releases due this year.
    is that beautiful little Lockheed Electra one of them?....
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Just for the sake of accuracy, it's Derek Palmers model, not Dave Maltbys.
    Looking forward to the AH/JF release.
    Now you've confused me. The 1-11 is DM's.. the Dove is Derek's

I'll buy the Dove because Derek's model doesn't have a VC and sadly.. that's the way you have to move around in FSX+. The 1-11.. no. DM's model is already well equipped in that department and despite it's age.. it will do very nicely. I'm in no way biased of course

ATB
    DaveB

Whatever floats your boat my man.

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    is that beautiful little Lockheed Electra one of them?....
    Sure is. More development shots will be released very soon.

If any suggestions for livery are welcome, then Dan Air 1-11 in this livery style will come along at some point. Various 1-11 versions wore the scheme. They operated with Doves too.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-11_G-BDAT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Now you've confused me. The 1-11 is DM's.. the Dove is Derek's

I'll buy the Dove because Derek's model doesn't have a VC and sadly.. that's the way you have to move around in FSX+. The 1-11.. no. DM's model is already well equipped in that department and despite it's age.. it will do very nicely. I'm in no way biased of course

ATB
    DaveB

Of course you're right Dave. I'd assumed we were mainly talking about the Dove, seeing as the thread is titled "Dove tale".

Either way, I'll be getting both, as the VC in DMs 1-11 is unclickable in P3d.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Of course you're right Dave. I'd assumed we were mainly talking about the Dove, seeing as the thread is titled "Dove tale".

Either way, I'll be getting both, as the VC in DMs 1-11 is unclickable in P3d.
    Darn it.. that's bad luck. Thankfully.. my rig isn't up to P3D
    ATB
    DaveB

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Will the BAC 1-11 come with a 34 Squadron Royal Australian Air Force paint?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7353/1...ede81733_b.jpg

Cheers,

Tim...
    Tim, if there's not one in the release there will be within a couple of weeks. I will see to that.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Tim, if there's not one in the release there will be within a couple of weeks. I will see to that.
    Thanks Pat. I just hope the wing roundels (kangaroo) will be facing the right direction!?!? The JF Viscount were incorrect. Its amazing how many manufactures get this so wrong....

in saying that, it appears they have got the "Kiwi" correct on the Dove which is great news.

Cheers,
    Tim.

This one I will purchase... Been waiting for a good one for a while... Just my sort of twin !

Looking further into the future how about following up the 1-11 with the VC10......?!

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0