Orbx Uninstall

Thread: Orbx Uninstall

Orbx Uninstall

With the recent hotfixes, uninstalling P3D and reinstalling new versions and adding products back into the sim I believe Orbx has become inactive despite it showing up in FTX Central as "active". The ground textures look more like default than what I remember Orbx looking like and so I think what I really need to do is an uninstall and the reinstall everything from scratch. I don't see anything in the Orbx folder that would be an uninstaller and none of the products show up in the Control Panel as installed. . .so how do I go about uninstalling everything? Do I just delete the Orbx folder and move on or is there a prescribed method?

Have you tried just "brute" reinstall ? Launching the region installation program directly ? (and choosing the exact same destination as your previous installation)
    I'm not sure OrbX products (regions and airports) need any uninstall. Just set your fTX Central back to "Default" and you're good to go.

The only problem could be with FTX Global, which actually replaces the textures in the sim.... But then again, once you reinstall the sim, it shouldn't be a problem to reinstall FTX Global on top, as if it were never installed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Have you tried just "brute" reinstall ? Launching the region installation program directly ? (and choosing the exact same destination as your previous installation)
    I'm not sure OrbX products (regions and airports) need any uninstall. Just set your fTX Central back to "Default" and you're good to go.

The only problem could be with FTX Global, which actually replaces the textures in the sim.... But then again, once you reinstall the sim, it shouldn't be a problem to reinstall FTX Global on top, as if it were never installed before.
    Daube is right! ORBX doesn't even have (or have very little) entries in the registry. So just uninstalling the older P3D and reînstalling it after having manually removed the residual folders and files should do the trick.

After that, the ORBX products will happily install!

Keep us posted Ed!

Johan

I removed the areas from the Scenery Library then ran the Orbx Global Base, then the Vector LandClass and finally the latest Orbx Library. It seems to be back. There is still the European LandClass and all the freeware airports, both US and Europe.

Hi Falcon,
    I've posted this before , but doesn't hurt to post again . I find it useful and have it in my Orbx folders. It makes for a clean uninstall.

To uninstall a FTX airport, I'll use YSCH as an example :

FIRST set FTXCentral to [Default]

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU (for American airports browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA instead)
    - Delete the FTXAA_YSCH folder

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts
    - Delete orbx_cpl_ysch and scenerylib_AU_YSCH

- Run FTXconfigrator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

Use the same guide to delete any payware FTX airport.

.................................................. ..

I'll use WLS as an example

FIRST set FTXCentral to [Default]

1 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU
    - Delete the 4 x WLS titled folders:
    FTX_EU_WLS_05_SCENERY
    FTX_EU_WLS_06_CVX
    FTX_EU_WLS_07_MESH
    FTX_EU_WLS_08_CUSTOM

2 - Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts
    - Delete scenerylib_EU_WLS
    - Run FTXconfigurator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

3 - Browse to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery
    - Delete all the "WLS" titled files

Use the same guide to delete any Europe FTX regions

.................................................. ........

Whilst on the subject , about installing..

If you are installing a number of regions i.e. Pnw,NCA etc. Norway , England . Would you have FTX Central in default in all cases ?

Yes !
    I have just installed the Norway region on my P3D where the PNW is already installed. I have set the FTX Central back to "P3D Default" before doing that, and everything went smooth

One thing I might mention is that I did not do a backup of the default textures before install FTX Global, so in my FTX Central_V2 menu "Default" isn't present. Why didn't I do a backup? Because when the installer asked for a folder to backup the default textures to, my question was "Why would I want to revert back to textures I never liked in the first place?" So, no backup.

Ed, people not having ORBX Global but only regions (e.g. NA, AU, EU etc) will see the "default FSX" option in FTX Central. Those who also have Global will see "FTX Global" in place of default. It means that no specific regions are activated.

Members who have read this thread: 0