Milviz P-38L Textures Flow Like Water
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milviz P-38L Textures Flow Like Water

Milviz P-38L Textures Flow Like Water

Both Curly Six and My Little Pig are now found in the Warbirds Library. Here is a third called Screaming Kid as a WIP. One must not forget the Pacific theatre. This is AC 42-66682 flown by at that time Captain John S. Loisel. He was definitely an ace.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

..and I for one, am thirsty..

Thanks for your efforts, Tom. Looking forward to the next one.

BTW - Is "Screaming Kid" the only PTO so far? I'm not familiar with the theaters of the Milviz textures.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Warhorse47, of those I have submitted there are three,

Billy's Filly
    Thoughts of Midnite
    Virginia Marie

and WIP Screamin Kid.

About half and half.

If you're looking to fly some missions in the PTO, here's some good descriptions as to where to fly your missions from and where to. However, if you have any of those squadron aces books, you'll get more detail.

475th Fighter Group

Your repaints are top notch, Tom. I enjoy them almost every day. I think these (along with the aircraft of course) are among the best I have here!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Indeed! With repainters like Tom, Jankees, Zsolt and quite a few others, we're spoiled here!

Johan

Looking good!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Two more on the way to the library. First Screamin Kid, then 23 Skidoo.

Screamin Kid

23 Skidoo

Got 'em. Much appreciated, especially 23 Skidoo. Thanks, Tom.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; May 27th, 2015 at 18:15.
    -- WH

Who turned off the spigot??
    -- WH

Thought you would be getting tired of all the paints. I did two more I have released yet. Tried to do a FSRecorder flight with Texas Ranger IV and Honey Bunny.

Me?? Nosir. I never get tired of your paints. Why, variety is the spice of life I've been told.

Hmmm.... lets see. There were 1,290 P-38-1-LO's, 2,200 P-38L-5_LO's, and 113 P-38L-5-VN's delivered, so that opens a lot of possibilities.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Thought you would be getting tired of all the paints. I did two more I have released yet. Tried to do a FSRecorder flight with Texas Ranger IV and Honey Bunny.

Soo... any ETA when these might be available, Tom??
    -- WH

Warhorse47, I should have two and maybe three up for download today.

Got 'em. Thanks, Tom. Especially for this one..

-- WH

This one is really famous so I thought I would give it a go. WIP

Hi Tom,

You just saved me from suggesting it. It's a beautiful paint scheme in it's own right (and McDonald's "score sheet" is really awesome).
    I suspect you already have one of my prime references: Squadron's "Aces of the Southwest Pacific", by Stafford. Look at the highly unusual green squadron markings of the 459th FS (80 FG). "Miss V", Captain Walter Duke (10 victories) is a good example.

Best regards,

Bill

Any update on Putt Putt Maru, Tom?
    -- WH

Warhorse, I was just going to post the following pictures. She should be ready shortly. Thanks for asking. When I release I will include a WWII picture showing the gun ports painted. Many other pictures especially those of the restored version don't have the ports painted. I elected to paint them blue. The picture is a really cool shot of Col Charles H. MacDonald and his aircraft.

Cool. Great shots. Did you use RS Recorder or is that an AI Zero?

I took this one after the Lightning was released us in AI Lighting from the Team SDB RAF Station Goxhill scenery.

Lots of great P-38 scenery out there.
    -- WH

Used an early version of RS Recorder that works in Prepar3D. It is fun to check aircraft around no matter what aircraft you are piloting.

Hi Tom,

Those screen-shots of "Putt Putt" look just spectacular (well, the action shots also look great - but I was referring to the paint scheme)!
    Last thought (I swear). If you do want to do a 38 after "Putt Putt", and the 459th is probably just too difficult in Flight Sim, please look at "Corky IV". This was the mount of Captain Cornelius Smith. Extra horizontal green fin stripes, white bands behind the green spinners - great detailing.

Thanks for all you do,

Bill

Looks like Tom is going to be busy this summer. Lets see, I'm hoping to see..Ruff Stuff, Lizzie V / Wyandotte Mich.,Pudge, and Margie to name a few.

You've probably have your own references, but here is one I just came across that has some good "L" model photos.

http://aircraft-in-focus.com/lockheed-p-38-lightning/
    -- WH

All good stuff guy, I will definitely see what I can do. The last 1/2 of June it is back to work as a veterinarian. I will be working every day for a while. When I can you can count on me to do create as many as possible.

Great job on Putt Putt Maru. Love that metal finish.

Just a note that the texture folder name is different than the fltsim texture entry, so one or the other needs to change for the texture to show up in the Select Aircraft menu.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 4