FSX GA RC2. GA for FSX. Any users or Info?

Thread: FSX GA RC2. GA for FSX. Any users or Info?

FSX GA RC2. GA for FSX. Any users or Info?

I stumbled upon this freeware for GA traffic for FSX.

It has an installer, but does it also include GA planes?

Thanks

Thanks.... I'm just a tad concerned to run the installer... i HATE to bork my FSX...

Just now installed REX Essentials and playing with it some...

Interesting, Ive never seen it before. If you do take the dive please let us know how you get on, I like the idea of more GA traffic.

thanks,
    Lewis

FTX has a traffic addon on their homepage - listed with their freeware stuff (scroll down) It uses a selection of about 20 or so GA aircraft that seem to be mostlyFS9 (prop issue) But it works well and has Zero impact on FPS as near as I can tell.You can use it to add GA and Commercial jet traffic or - one or the other.Note: it will only add traffic to FTX-NA scenery airports
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    FTX has a traffic addon on their homepage - listed with their freeware stuff (scroll down) It uses a selection of about 20 or so GA aircraft that seem to be mostlyFS9 (prop issue) But it works well and has Zero impact on FPS as near as I can tell.You can use it to add GA and Commercial jet traffic or - one or the other.Note: it will only add traffic to FTX-NA scenery airports

Thanks. I have seen that, but own none of their products.. sooooooooooo

Yes Lewis. Once I get brave and run it I will post my results back on it... All I need to find out is does it contain GA traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by Hdguy View Post

Yes Lewis. Once I get brave and run it I will post my results back on it... All I need to find out is does it contain GA traffic?
    If you read the link I sent it tells you the answer.

FEATURES:
    Hi all,
    I just upload my program 'GA-Traffic' to the library. It should show up later today.

GA-Traffic is the first and maybe only GA traffic generator specially build for FS2004. It is very straightforward and do all generation work for you.

Features:
    + Generate GA traffic for every installed airport of the whole FS2004 world at once
    + Full automatic detection of installed planes and airports
    + Simulate different GA traffic behavior
    + 'Virtual landing fees' unique algorithm to avoid GA traffic generation on busy commercial airports
    + Amphibian planes used only near seaports
    + Amount of plane usage selectable for every livery
    + Different plane usage (Taxi, Business, Rental, Student, Club and Private) selectable for every livery
    + Unique 'Make AI' function to reduce the texture size of addon planes to hold the Frames per second up.
    + Proofed Aircraft files for correct AI flying behavior
    + Integrated TTools from Lee Swordy, no need to manual generate the traffic files.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdguy View Post

Thats ok because the info may help someone else in the group
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I've been using GA-Traffic (RC2) for a few years. Works a peach! Makes a custom Traffic-GA.bgl file. The program is easy to use, but I'd recommend searching around the Net for low poly aircraft to use. I have about a dozen or so and have renamed them AI-XXXXX. Nice to have an "alive" airport when I want to fly circuits at my home airport or head out for a $100 hamburger.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by lownslo View Post
    I've been using GA-Traffic (RC2) for a few years. Works a peach! Makes a custom Traffic-GA.bgl file. The program is easy to use, but I'd recommend searching around the Net for low poly aircraft to use. I have about a dozen or so and have renamed them AI-XXXXX. Nice to have an "alive" airport when I want to fly circuits at my home airport or head out for a $100 hamburger.

Greg

GREAT.. Can you elaborate more on "Low Poly" aircraft for AI please. I assume they are installed in the Sim Objects Airplane folder ?

Been using GA-Traffic for 425893425 years (or longer).

When running the tool for the first time, make sure to uncheck all aircraft that you don't want to generate flight plans for. This is a bit clumsy, but absolutely necessary unless you can live with dozens of high-poly aircraft clogging up the sky at the same time.
    When generating flight plans, the program will appear to be frozen when not in focus. Don't kill it via Task Manager and leave it be until it's done.

Some (but not nearly all!) authors of some AI models to use for GA-Traffic:
    Andras Neuman (lots of Piper models; Avsim)
    Christian Page (DHC-3; Flightsim)
    Dee Waldron (L-1329, C-310, etc...; http://htai-models.com/downloads/dwa...cts/index.html )
    Henry Tomkiewicz (C404, Learjets, etc...; http://htai-models.com/downloads.html )
    Klaus Brosemann (B36, B58, etc...; Avsim)
    Mike Cronin (AC500, Aeronca, Do-27, etc...; Avsim)
    Richard Faith (C112, RV-4, etc...; Avsim)

Install the models, install some paints for them and let GA-Traffic generate flight plans.

Yes... Thanks for that Bjoern

Off to hunt now.....

Members who have read this thread: 0