Need help for a friend with an AMD rig

Thread: Need help for a friend with an AMD rig

Need help for a friend with an AMD rig

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is an AMD user. He has a setup that should be comparable to mine, but he averages +/- 25 FPS where I get about 60.

This must be due to the difference in architecture between Intel/Nvidia (mine) and AMD/ATI

His rig:
    Win7/64
    RAM 8GB
    Processor AMD FX 6300 six-core 3.50GHz
    Graphics card Gigabyte ATI R9 270 4GB

That thing should be able to run P3D 2.5 with the latest hotfixes at at least my FPS, but it does not. I've been working with him for the last two days on getting the performance up, but I'm just not familiar with AMD rigs.

So any help from the AMD/P3D crowd would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is an AMD user. He has a setup that should be comparable to mine, but he averages +/- 25 FPS where I get about 60.
    This must be due to the difference in architecture between Intel/Nvidia (mine) and AMD/ATI

His rig:
    Win7/64
    RAM 8GB
    Processor AMD FX 6300 six-core 3.50GHz
    Graphics card Gigabyte ATI R9 270 4GB

That thing should be able to run P3D 2.5 with the latest hotfixes at at least my FPS, but it does not. I've been working with him for the last two days on getting the performance up, but I'm just not familiar with AMD rigs.
    So any help from the AMD/P3D crowd would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance,
    Johan
    My Rig:
    Win7/64bit
    RAM 16Gig
    Processor 3.80 gigahertz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    2-22" Flat Screens

If I lock the FPS to 30 it will stay in that range, but I've never owned a system that really "locked" to a particular FPS. . .it always fluctuates somewhat.
    If I run it "Unlimited" then it will normally hit the upper 40's to 50. . .even with FSX Native Aircraft and some FS9 ports. I stopped watching the fps though. . .as long as the sim is smooth and enjoyable with my scenery settings where I like them, then all is well and that can be anywhere from 19-20 and up.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    My Rig:
    Win7/64bit
    RAM 16Gig
    Processor 3.80 gigahertz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    2-22" Flat Screens

If I lock the FPS to 30 it will stay in that range, but I've never owned a system that really "locked" to a particular FPS. . .it always fluctuates somewhat.
    If I run it "Unlimited" then it will normally hit the upper 40's to 50. . .even with FSX Native Aircraft and some FS9 ports. I stopped watching the fps though. . .as long as the sim is smooth and enjoyable with my scenery settings where I like them, then all is well and that can be anywhere from 19-20 and up.
    Ed,

You have my email addy right? Can you send me your P3D.cfg file please? I'd like to take a look at it!

Thanks for the help!

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Ed,

You have my email addy right? Can you send me your P3D.cfg file please? I'd like to take a look at it!
    Thanks for the help!

Johan
    Johan, I thought I did, but I don't find it anywhere. Check your PM's.

Ed

Got it! Thanks! Now I can get to work!

Johan

Members who have read this thread: 0