Col. Bud Anderson honoured

Thread: Col. Bud Anderson honoured

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Col. Bud Anderson honoured

Col. Bud Anderson honoured with statue in his hometown.

http://allthingsaero.com/military-av...derson-tribute

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks for posting this Pat,i didnt get to go,my folks were still to sick,we had planed to go.i had called Bud on wednsday ,and he told me he would help me get out there..but i had to turn him down as it is too much trouble for this big powerchair,this town has some resources for transportation,but its expencive,even for the disabled.i got to hear all the flying action that went on,which there was alot of it,all the planes arrived on thursday the 14th,and they were flying in the evening,and all day friday,doing practice passes and i heard alot of chatter about formation flying.and to make room for each other,they began to swing over my house,what a sound those P-51's made.i cant wait until i have a chance to go to the airport and look at all the stuff..and in that linked story,the says they renamed the airport..anderson field...i hope thats correct as i voted for it...but our paper some time back said that the FAA didnt approve it...wonder how i could find out?

Members who have read this thread: 0