Any holiday sales? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any holiday sales?

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I agree with you 100%...but I really wanted the F-84F, so I signed up. Now that I have the F-84 I think I may have screwed up. I cannot get the damn thing to start up and the canopy does not want to close. I have a constant text across the top indicating that I have a "Demo Version". I cannot find any kind of an instruction manual. I'll try to figure things out tomorrow, but I think I bought a lemon. Anyone out there reading this, I can use some help.
    If it's anything like the F-104 I have, all payment and registration instructions are on their website, as are the manual(s). It just takes some reading, rather than trying to dive in on your own then claiming that the addon doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    If it's anything like the F-104 I have, all payment and registration instructions are on their website, as are the manual(s). It just takes some reading, rather than trying to dive in on your own then claiming that the addon doesn't work.
    I did not claim the addon doesn't work. I asked for help since I could not get things to operate. This response does not help me. Can someone else offer some positive advice?
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I did not claim the addon doesn't work. I asked for help since I could not get things to operate. This response does not help me. Can someone else offer some positive advice?
    Sorry, in my world your "I think I bought a lemon" statement implies the addon is faulty. You have said that you cannot find manuals and that you have a "demo" indication after purchase, plus the fact that you cannot operate various functions of the aircraft.

Have you followed all guidance on the website to fully activate your product?
    http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/...all-our-models

Have you checked your system for a "Sim Skunk Works" folder to see if the manuals are in there? By check, I mean performed a search using key words in a logical folder, not manually. I just checked my F-104 folder in the FSX directory, and there is a "docs" folder with all manuals, so I suspect that no futher downloading may even be needed, and that a simple look in the aircraft's folder will do. If they are not in there, perform a directory search.

We can't help further with vague statements like "I can't start it up" and/or "I can't find X". Good luck finding further advice....

Sorry, in my world your "I think I bought a lemon" statement implies the addon is faulty. You have said that you cannot find manuals and that you have a "demo" indication after purchase, plus the fact that you cannot operate various functions of the aircraft.

Have you checked your system for a "Sim Skunk Works" folder to see if the manuals are in there? By check, I mean performed a search using key words in a logical folder, not manually. I just checked my F-104 folder in the FSX directory, and there is a "docs" folder with all manuals, so I suspect that no futher downloading may even be needed, and that a simple look in the aircraft's folder will do. If they are not in there, perform a directory search.

We can't help further with vague statements like "I can't start it up" and/or "I can't find X". Good luck finding further advice....
    As I said "Can someone else offer some positive advice?"
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Sean,

Please take a deep breath as your response is, I assume not intentionally, coming across as offensive. As John is stating he was unable to find the manual, and the "DEMO" message at the top could be, as you stated, due to activation issues.

Just pointing out where you found the manuals, and guiding someone to the activation instructions would have been much more "community" friendly.

John,

As you understand I do not have any SimSkunkWoks products, so I can not provide any specific guidance,

But, for the manual(s), I know that some of my add-ons have then in their fsx/developer or SimObjects/Aircraft/*airplane* folder, where *airplane* is the developers aircraft you added to your flight simulator.

If they do put the manuals there, than you would usually find a sub-folder there called manuals, documents or docs.

I do hope that someone with experience with SimSkunkWorks products can provide you more specific assistance.

When it comes to the "demo" indication, I would certainly check the website for avtivation/registration instructions on their website.

I do hope you get the issues resolved.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

John,

You'll recieve a register key by e-mail. Did you already get it? Once that's installed, take the time to read the manual for the start up procedure. You bought a very fine and well made addon, one of the best I've flown. Very rewarding.

Kind regards,

Cees

Note too John that there may be a delay receiving your key over the weekend as they're produced manually (if that makes sense) so rely on someone being there to make and send one back to you. It does sound for all the world like it's a registration key problem but hang in there. The purchase, install and activation process at SSW isn't as straight forward as it could be.. especially the install which pop's up windows asking you to enter a key or request one. What do you do?? You've bought it so you presume you don't need a key but you do.

As Cees and the others have pointed out.. it's a very rewarding model to own and fly and surprisingly easy to get started once you know what to do. There are tutorials on YouTube which will help you. Hang in there mate.. you'll find the wait will be worth it

ATB
    DaveB

Sean, please accept my apology for my snarky and disrespectful response to your helpful advice. Tired aviators should not aviate. Tired (and grumpy) old flight simulators should not simulate.

My "lemon" statement did indeed indicate my blaming the product, rather than my obvious failure to activate the jet. The "Demo Version" banner should have gotten through my thick old skull.

I have not yet received my activation key. When I do activate I'm sure to have questions and would welcome your help. But I will also understand your not wanting to get any more grief from this old fart.

Again, I am truly sorry.

John
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Manfred, Cees, and DaveB...I thank you all for the help. I hope to be "flying" the F-84 soon.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

It's meant to have fun with it, this sim. Enjoy your Thunderstreak John. Go ahead with asking questions! You're welcome!

Cees

Probably too late by now but is the Aeroplane Heaven Grumman F3F-2 on sale anywhere?
    Funds are tight this month but with the holiday sales thought I'd ask.

Sales are still on Frank but I don't think the F3F (or any other AH releases) were included. It should be 10%-off at PCAviator tomorrow (Tuesday) though I appreciate that aint a lot

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks. I'll wait a while then.

Members who have read this thread: 0