Today, on AVSIM

Thread: Today, on AVSIM

Today, on AVSIM

Category: Flight Simulator X - Utilities
    New! FSLaunchPad
    Images related to this file:

File Description:
    If your FSX is slow to start because you have a lot of sceneries, FsLaunchpad (FSL) is for you. FSL allows to select your sceneries, load your addons and launch FSX in same time. With FSL loading FSX and selected sceneries will be up to 5 times faster than if FSX loads all your sceneries. Moreover you can manage your sceneries easily. Add, edit, delete and even move your scenes in a different directory with some clicks! FSL User Interface is available in English and French. Visit www.fslauncher.com you will find videos on Youtube and more information about FsLaunchpad.

Filename: fslaunchpad.zip
    License: Freeware, limited distribution
    Added: 21st May 2015, 09:36:32
    Downloads: 79
    Author: Pierre Legault
    Size: 2736kb

This strikes me that I would spend more time figuring out what and what not to include than just letting FSX get on with loading. Aside from that, messing about with the scenery cfg is more likely bound to cause issues at some point. Anyway that is why we have coffee pots.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Neat; I already do that by hand and this would seem to make things easier. However, where I can see things messing up is when I'd forget which region / scenery configuration I have active, and then I'd go and switch something within the FTX config program, and things would get royally messed up. I also don't change from area to are a very often; I tend to fly in the same region for a month or two at a time, so I don't mind doing the occasional hand edits.

But neat nonetheless. Thanks for the heads up!
    Jim Stewart

I have not tried it, but the utility does look interesting. I lost count of all the utility programs I have downloaded/installed throughout the past 10 yrs. But I look at AVSIM, Flightsim, and occasionally Simiviation almost every day. Most days there isn't much that interests me, but sometimes I see an unusual offering.

Not in this particular case, obviously, but whenever there is a USN-related file listed, that always gets my attention. NC

Seems similar to http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...root&Go=Search the newer version. I don't quite "get" the areas thing within it though.

His videos are here re FSL https://www.youtube.com/user/pilecan/videos
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

FSLaunchpad with ORBX FTX Central

Today I uploaded small video to explain how to use FSLaunchpad with ORBX FTX Central.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFMaksHXpyY

If you have any question, let me know.

Regards

Pierre

Thank you Pierre,

I downloaded the file two weeks ago, but have not tried it yet.

The video will tell me if it is a useful tool for me.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Thank you Pierre,

I downloaded the file two weeks ago, but have not tried it yet.

The video will tell me if it is a useful tool for me.

Good!

If you need more help you can go to fslauncher.com.

Best regards

Pierre

FSLaunchpad

Hi Simmers

Version 2 of FSLaunchpad is available on Avsim.

Enjoy !

Pierre

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=191562

I have to admit, this program interests me. I am using FS Scenery Config Editor as well as taking the time to fully organize all of my scenery packs in a fairly proper order. I did make full backups of the FS Config files in all locations on my PC just in case of any issues. So far, I am happy with that program but this one appears to add a lot of function the other does not. I may give this a try.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 1