This is Community! Flightport EDRY + Museum released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is Community! Flightport EDRY + Museum released

This is Community! Flightport EDRY + Museum released

Last weekend we published our new freeware EDRY Speyer for FSX and P3D. The scenery is located in the south-west area of Germay and it is very famous of real flying pilots - both GA and Biz. EDRY is hub for the German Formular 1 race weekend in the near Hockenheim area. The scenery covers a huge area with refinery, the city of speyer with world cultural heritage Dom of Speyer.

Furthermore we integrated the Technik Museum Speyer with many details and objects. We want to take the chance and thank all Designers by public here, who gave us the possibility using their aircrafts and ships as static objects in the virtual Technik Museum.

Credits to

• Mike Pearson for the F-104 Starfighter, F-101 Voodoo and Fiat G-91
    • Rick Piper for the Viscount, Garry Russell for the Repaint
    • Rainer Mehlin for the AN-22, SU-22, Mig-21, Mig-23, Mil-24
    • Milton Shupe for the Aero Commander 520
    • John Young for the DC-3, F-4 Phantom and the Hawker Hunter
    • Kevin Reed for the F-15
    • Eric C. Johnson for the Mercure
    • Mostyn Gale for the Mil Mi-8
    • A.Poppe for the VFW614
    • K.S. Nermy for the Altenrhein C-3606
    • Hannes von der Heide for the Mil Mi-14
    • Sergey Carr and Sergey Bunevich for the AN-26
    • Fernando Martinez for the C160 Transall
    • Rysiek Winawer for the Antonov AN-2
    • Marc Siegel for the CL215
    • Jean-Pierre Fillion for the Canadian Auxiliary Vessel
    • Jean-François Martin for the Noratlas

The models were only converted as static fsx-native objects for the scenery, some of the models were repainted particular for the museum. Some objects were built from scratch for this outstanding project. If you want to try out our scenery, your have to install the current flightport_Lib too.

Scenery: http://www.flightport.de/szenerien/speyer-edry/
    Lib: http://www.flightport.de/szenerien/speyer-edry/

Airport Information

Coordinates N 49° 18,1' E 08° 27,1'
    Elev.: 312 ft or 95 m
    RWY34/16 1677x30 m asphalt
    RWY34/16 500x30 m gras
    Speyer Info 118.07

Cheers
    Thomas

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Downloading right now!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Wow stunning scenery
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I think I got it all, to be sure, the current library is FSX_Flightport_FlightPortLib_V490?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lloking very nice. Will give it a try for sure.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Hi,
    Looks great. It seems there might be a problem with the provided links however. Both the Scenery and Lib links are identical. I haven't been able to locate the required library files. Any suggestions?
    Jim F.

edit: I found the library link in the same red box as the scenery link. The little white square threw me off. And I'm not really sure which of the top 2 links is the correct one; one is identified as a zip archive and the other as an installer. Perhaps Google translate added to the confusion.
    Last edited by jandjfrench; May 20th, 2015 at 20:57. Reason: New info

Ha, that is right around the corner from where I live!

And brought attention back to a promise I gave my son to visit the museum with him when spring arrives.

Nice scenery work! Got to show this to my son tonight.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Hi,
    Downloaded , installed, activated and everything looks great! The new scenery blends very nicely into my existing default and I can't detect any negative impact on frame rate. Congratulations to all involved in this fine achievement! As I wasn't certain that I was doing things correctly I installed the scenery library to a temporary location. This was a mistake as the scenery.cfg was edited to point to the scenery in this temporary location. I uninstalled and re-installed to my chosen final location and all was fine. I knew there was a problem as I was notified of new scenery being added when I started FSX prior to any activation on my part. I did actvate the EDRY scenery in the normal manner.
    Jim F.

Wonderfull - simply brilliant ! Great Job Gents Thank you very much

Kindest regards

Dirk

Beautiful work, thank you!

Make sure to install Flightport's other sceneries as well. Some great short hops to be had in the area.

Hi guys,

Will or does this work with FTX Global at all?

Kind regards,
    Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hi guys,

Will or does this work with FTX Global at all?

Kind regards,
    Tim...
    It took some time to find out the solution of the question, because we do not have FTX Global in use. As scenery designer you cannot have every possible combination: UTX, VFR Germany, FTX Global etc.
    But I got the feedback from several people who use FTX global they say, that our Speyer scenery works without any problems in combination with FTX global.

Regards
    Joerg
    www.flightport.de

This is too bizarre of a coincidence.

My 3rd Great Grandfather was Philip Jakob Schirmer, and at one time was the owner of the building at Maximlian Strasse 13, in Speyer. It was a hotel at the time. The one and only time I visited Speyer was in the summer of 1972.

I emailed the Speyer tourist information center sometime last year, asking if it was possible to see what the inside of that building looks like now. I have several photographs of what it looked like when my grandfather owned it, but nothing of the interior. Anyway, I did get a reply, saying they could not honor my request, due to security reasons. I understand that.

But this is even more strange because only a few days ago, I was checking for FSX scenery of Speyer, and now this announcement!
    Thanks so much! NC

Quote Originally Posted by jdberg View Post
    It took some time to find out the solution of the question, because we do not have FTX Global in use. As scenery designer you cannot have every possible combination: UTX, VFR Germany, FTX Global etc.
    But I got the feedback from several people who use FTX global they say, that our Speyer scenery works without any problems in combination with FTX global.

Regards
    Joerg
    www.flightport.de
    Thank you so much for your investigation and reply Joerg. I shall go ahead and install this great piece of work.

Thank you and kind regards,

Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    This is too bizarre of a coincidence.
    My 3rd Great Grandfather was Philip Jakob Schirmer, and at one time was the owner of the building at Maximlian Strasse 13, in Speyer. It was a hotel at the time. The one and only time I visited Speyer was in the summer of 1972.
    I emailed the Speyer tourist information center sometime last year, asking if it was possible to see what the inside of that building looks like now. I have several photographs of what it looked like when my grandfather owned it, but nothing of the interior. Anyway, I did get a reply, saying they could not honor my request, due to security reasons. I understand that.
    But this is even more strange because only a few days ago, I was checking for FSX scenery of Speyer, and now this announcement!
    Thanks so much! NC
    Hi NC,
    thats interesting. I cannot primise but I will be in Speyer at the airport on the 30th of Mai because the Lockheed Super Constellation will come from Switzerland to land in EDRY. So I want to visit the airport with a colleague and make some pictures. If you like, I could drive through the Maximilian Straße and take a picture at least from outside the building. If it is a private building I probably have no chance to get in but at least from outside it is possible in any case.
    Have you got a picture for me when your grandfather owned the house to compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Thank you so much for your investigation and reply Joerg. I shall go ahead and install this great piece of work.
    Thank you and kind regards,
    Tim...
    Your welcome, have fun with it and discover the airfield and the museum.

Jörg

Thank you so much for your offer to take a couple pictures, if possible. I understand you probably will not be able to gain access inside the house. I will go through some things, scan and post them? NC

I do know the building presently has the Tourist Information center in it:
    http://www.speyer.de/sv_speyer/en/To...st%20Services/

This is probably the best picture I could find. I believe it is from a negative that the Speyer city archives gave me in 1972. NC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan of Schirmer house from negative.jpg  
    Last edited by Navy Chief; May 25th, 2015 at 09:54.

Charter Member 2015
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Joerg, very nice to see you here.

The real Constellation event on 30th May in EDRY Speyer should be very interesting. My current plan is to be there, too.

I checked the airport with Manfred Jahn´s Super Constellation in FSX today - and it was a real challange in FSX to bring the Connie down in EDRY.

@Navy Chief
    In the backyard of Maximilian Straße 13 there is a famous Event Location called Alter Stadtsaal. And there is a Association called Alter Stadtsaal e.v. Please try Google.

Thomas

Thanks Kilo and Thomas!

Wow! It would be so great to be able to attend the Alter Stadtsaal someday. I doubt I will ever be able to afford it, unfortunately. Thank goodness for the Internet. At least I can see what it is like and what I am missing!

NC

Be aware that the Spyer scenery has been updated to version 1.1 as of 05/23.

The update can be downloaded here
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thank you for this scenery. Fond memories of the Speyer area and the friendly people I met there in '82.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thank you very much, very nice!!!

Any plan for Museum Sinsheim also to do? For the ones that does not know, the two museums belong together.

Members who have read this thread: 0