Maxstuka Ship Improvements - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Maxstuka Ship Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Max,

This might help.

I changed the CV-1 ship.cfg platform data to match the published data for the full length flight deck, & made it a simple rectangular platform (as per the visual model).

I then tested it by taxiing up the deck & watching for when I fell off. Time consuming trial & error.

It doesn't match the visual model for width, the visual model's flight deck is far too wide. If you want to alter it you just have to tweak the first number for each vertex.

I also changed the deck entries for length & width to the published values, the ones used by VN were way longer & wider than any other cfs2 carrier. I'm not sure what this affects (if anything). Using a simple take off mission I didn't see any problems.

I also chopped the number of cables to 4, which all that's recognised by CFS 2.

I then copied these changes into the AV-3 ship.cfg & adjusted the forward coordinates of the shorter flight deck to match the visual model.

To be honest, I think this shorter deck was never intended to be used as a flight deck, & I'm not even sure the cables were retained, but you can have fun trying to land on, or take off from...

PS. I see you mentioned you are repainting Illustrious. Don't forget I did a number of repaints for VN Illustrious to represent all the "I" class carriers at various points in the war.
    Hi UncleTgt ,first thanks for the file and respond helping, I have not experimented with it,(I am only concentrated in part3 of the pak), but I use 2 times and the deck was shortened good.So I will add your upgrade in the part3 and off course add you in the credits.
    About the Illustrious, yes, I repaint your Illustrious40 remaped model, and lightening textures with dx1 and look nice, less difuse and with more color although It has problems with grey texture of the turrets and backdeck, its turned pink, but it is a effect of the mdl color refective,It would be great for someone able to improve it to meet the textures more convincing grey.

Anyway It is not enough light and I'll repaint the original Vn_illustrious, because This has less texture files and performs better, the big problem is that it will cost more repaint to look decently, but I have faith and I found some resources that can adapt to their textures but all this to an uncertain future.

I had forgotten to say that the idea was to make Langley to use static aircraft and you can change and destroy aircraft.Like this image, but I do not know how do the IA stop planes over the deck of the aircraftcarriers, and not apeared flying,This is a image with aircraft statics in carriers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CORSAIR2.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    If you are asking if I know how to change the size of the flight deck, the answer is no, I don't. That takes a whole other ship design. Keep up the good work. When do you expect to release the Atlanta class and the Baltimore class cruisers?
    need to be resize so in an uncertain future because first are to be resize the models of pearh harbor by Allen and It has not done much about it, for me ,I have insisted and done everything that to do.I can not do all alone.Sorry

I has 98% ready the part 3, but I am sick with the ark royal aircraft carrier, I am trying to delete onboard dead aircraft , I delete the uglys lifeboats and I am written because I am sick!!. hahahaha.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COLORES.jpg  

I aborted the ark royal, and replace by a atlanta, I will see how do with ark royal but not for this time part3.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rovements_part

Maxstuka_ship_improvements_part 3.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Ships Add-Ons

Description: Maxstuka SHIPS IMPROVEMENTS

It is the attempt to add improvements and arrangements in some ships to get more functionality in cfs2.

There is a difference between exact values and gameplay as the theory vs the practice.

Many times the real values put in CFS2 not work as expected. I have tested many times starting and leave the game
    to insane levels to calibrate this, winning playability, this is the key to extend the emotion and simulation.

First I renamed all this models with the best way to evade the mdlnames file, and following the form of Microsoft names each object.

So when you add this ships are managed perfect.

It makes no sense to put ships with the same model file and only different skin, I put 1 for class,if you like another skin, re-paste it in the folder of the ship.

Maxstuka_ship_improvements_part 3 contain:

1 HMS Illustrious class
    2 HMS Iron Duke class
    3 HMS Gloucester class
    4 HMS Edinburgh class
    5 HMS Belfast 1945
    6 HMS Kenya class
    7 HMS Kent class
    8 HMS Norfolk class
    9 HMS Sydney class
    10 HMS Lion class and fix
    11 HMS Renown class
    12 RMS Aquila class
    13 RMS Miraglia
    14 RMS Zara class
    15 USS Atlanta class
    16 USS South Dakota class
    17 USS South Dakota class rotated
    18 Cargo ship, I make a picture for the stock microsoft model SHCARGO
    19 USS Langley flydeck upgrade

See the readme for credits and more.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Maxstuka_ship_improvements_part 3.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you Maxstuka for the USS Atlanta (and others)! All I need now is your USS Baltimore.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Rami, I make a mistake with a name of 1 ship, I need that you fix it, because I can reupload the pack, my internet suck (I do not live in USA I live in Argentina).

This is that you need to do.This ship

HMS Belfast 1945 Edinburgh Light Cruiser

need to change by

HMS Edinburgh Light Cruiser Belfast 1945

So cut the file of the Maxstuka ship improvements part 3, rename:
    1 the folder of the ship
    2 the name of the ship and file in ship.cfg
    3 the picture name of it

And cut and past in to Maxstuka ship improvements part 3 and upload.

we all will be thankful with you, that you have a better search with that name and gives not confusion about what class of ship is.

Icon9 Reply...

Maxstuka,

I am sorry, but you have me terribly confused.

There are two names which you seem to be confusing the same of.

4 HMS Edinburgh class Light Cruiser
    5 HMS Belfast 1945 Edinburgh Light Cruiser

It is really confusing what your intent is to rename. It would be easier for you to edit your own upload, because even after reading it three times, I simply cannot fathom what you want.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Maxstuka,

I am sorry, but you have me terribly confused.

There are two names which you seem to be confusing the same of.

4 HMS Edinburgh class Light Cruiser

It is really confusing what your intent is to rename. It would be easier for you to edit your own upload, because even after reading it three times, I simply cannot fathom what you want.
    Simply ,rename this ship

with this new name exactly

HMS Edinburgh Light Cruiser Belfast 1945

Reply...

Good evening,

Maxstuka - I think I succeeded inyour request, but you may want to check.
    "Rami"

Good evening,

Maxstuka - I think I succeeded inyour request, but you may want to check.

I check and is wrong

it's easier to do than try to explain and correcting.I will try to reupload at night.

Icon22 Fine...

Maxstuka,

You have the ability to do this, so please fix it correctly.
    "Rami"

Maxstuka,

You have the ability to do this, so please fix it correctly.
    yeah, and we are looky for this time .I discovered a error in a sydney ship, I was fixed. I am trying to reupload now, with all the changes.

there are many people downloading,STOP download, I can not reupload! 30times. me voy de aca, ya me pudri

I can not reupload the part 3, I will try in the house of a friend , He has better internet service.

stuart227 is resize the POV , We will be a more imposing model that It will has not fear to any of you novice pilots !.

Thank you for your hard work. I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by miamieagle View Post
    Thank you for your hard work. I really appreciate it
    thanks to my friend ezequiel, I upload it from his pc.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rovements_part

a add various littles change in this new part 3
    Last edited by Maxstuka; May 27th, 2015 at 13:48.

Good job sir!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Maxstuka_ship_improvements_Part 3.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Ships Add-Ons

Description: Maxstuka SHIPS IMPROVEMENTS

It is the attempt to add improvements and arrangements in some ships to get more functionality in cfs2.

there is a difference between exact values and gameplay as the theory vs the practice. Many times the real values put in CFS2 not work as expected. I have tested many times starting and leave the game to insane levels to calibrate this, winning playability, this is the key to extend the emotion and simulation.

First I renamed all this models with the best way to evade the mdlnames file, and following the form of microsoft names each object. So when you add this ships are managed perfect.

It makes no sense to put ships with the same model file and only different skin, I put 1 for class, if you like another skin, re-paste it in the folder of the ship.

Maxstuka_ship_improvements_part 3 contain:

1 HMS Illustrious class
    2 HMS Iron Duke class
    3 HMS Gloucester class
    4 HMS Edinburgh class
    5 HMS Edinburgh class Belfast 1945
    6 HMS Kenya class
    7 HMS Kent class
    8 HMS Norfolk class
    9 HMS Sydney class
    10 HMS Lion class and fix
    11 HMS Renown class
    12 RMS Aquila class
    13 RMS Miraglia
    14 RMS Zara class
    15 USS Atlanta class
    16 USS South Dakota class
    17 USS South Dakota class rotated
    18 Cargo ship, I make a picture for the stock microsoft model SHCARGO
    19 USS Langley flydeck upgrade
    20 USS HMS Southampton class (Unshine fix)

See the readme for credits and more.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Maxstuka_ship_improvements_Part 3.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

stuart King George V

the completion of King George V class, by Stuart277

Model was resize, painted the aircraft with british simbol, and replaced the cranes by new that Stuart use for his models.

He has reissued several times the model and details by my insistence, without claims .All merit to Stuart277.

after working many times with trial and error to the point of surfeit and sick. I win to repainting the USS Northampton.

I am repainting the Graff spee, I was finished the Pensacola, Brooklyn and USS Northampton, and more others ships.

stuart277 are reworking the VN HOOD v2 to get the best versión with Lod.

I can not upload at my home this new reworked part 3 because my internet suck and I am trying to chance the internet service, but the part is done.It is the ultimate upgrade of the part 3, was a big job and is fully.The 3 models with not pictures waiting repaint, finally was repainted by me, and there are anothers upgrades.

The part 4 is the most heavy work of all parts, and It is not ready, We are working in it.I upload the image, to you know that I am doing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maxstuka_ship_improvements_part 3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 3