Stampe is coming...

Thread: Stampe is coming...

Stampe is coming...

so far - just got the file to test - I have flown only this one, but it looks sensational.

all instruments and controls seem to be working properly - lots of rudder authority with that big ol...errm...rudder back there.

snap rolled it with only about 2/3 right rudder mixed with proper aileron input and bam, she went right around.

gave it full deflection on the second pass and she snapped over twice and went into a spin - recovery in two revolutions by chopping the throttle and pointing the noisy end at the ground...very nice

Its a beautiful little bipe and comes in several liveries - open cockpit - and a canopied version included

I need to fly them some more...nice plane from the GAS'ers - a real Golden Age Beauty

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

how sweet!!!...cant wait and i sure hope the "High Road to China" paints are with it...

That looks pretty tight! +1!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

yes - High Road is represented

and version with full canopy

enter..the Sandman

3 shots of mine:

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

So looking forward to this having flown both the Gypsy and Renault flavoured versions. Glad in a way never sampled the Lycoming version.

Keep up the good work, so much appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin

Not to disappoint but we chose only the Gypsy as the power plant give that they were close in horse power and the Gypsy the more reliable we went that way. We're sure you will like it none the less. We were privileged to have a Stampe owner on the team and he validated our flight dynamics. J

Great plane, Paul .
    I have had time to look them over a little more today and can find no
    anomalies. The interior and exterior modeling is complete (and well executed)
    and the instrumentation seems to be working properly.
    I checked the shortcuts in the mapbag and they function according to their labels.
    The flight model feels correct to what I would estimate for the type...the yaw moment,
    given the area of the rudder, length of the fuselage, and relative light weight of the airframe seems
    right to me. This is another fun flying biplane for the low n slow crowd to enjoy.
    You know me - there will never be enough biplanes in my hangar.
    This one, the Great Lakes, the Pitcairn and the Travel Air, and the rest of your offerings are must haves for FSX

THANK YOU so much for being there, Golden Age Simulations
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Great plane, Paul .
    I have had time to look them over a little more today and can find no
    anomalies. The interior and exterior modeling is complete (and well executed)
    and the instrumentation seems to be working properly.
    I checked the shortcuts in the mapbag and they function according to their labels.
    The flight model feels correct to what I would estimate for the type...the yaw moment,
    given the area of the rudder, length of the fuselage, and relative light weight of the airframe seems
    right to me. This is another fun flying biplane for the low n slow crowd to enjoy.
    You know me - there will never be enough biplanes in my hangar.
    This one, the Great Lakes, the Pitcairn and the Travel Air, and the rest of your offerings are must haves for FSX

THANK YOU so much for being there, Golden Age Simulations

Am really looking forward to this one as there are a lot of repaint possibilities with this airplane.

One that would be great in the release is this one:

Hey man - thats a terrific livery - GAS always include a paint kit with their models...
    I have to say though - I would want this one too
    enter..the Sandman

Charging my paypal!!!

updated by GAS - with enhanced textures including wing rib and tail surface stitching and a new paint added...also a new single place (one cockpit) version (model=2)

I switched this paint to the single place model for personal use

a beauty - I hope the community will love it as much as I do - especially the painters.
    enter..the Sandman

I'll love it s soon as I get my mits on it!!

Johan

that just might be very soon - I haven't seen anything but positive remarks from the email traffic between the testers and Home Plate

but thats for Spad to call
    enter..the Sandman

that just might be very soon - I haven't seen anything but positive remarks from the email traffic between the testers and Home Plate

Hi all. Fixing some last minute fit and finish issues that one of our testers discovered. Also added internal hot points to control exits in the open cockpit versions. Hope to release to SOH at a discount by noon EDT tomorrow

Its out! See new thread

Members who have read this thread: 0