Bell P-63 King Cobra "Pepper Louise" & bare metal by Gius!

Thread: Bell P-63 King Cobra "Pepper Louise" & bare metal by Gius!

Icon14 Bell P-63 King Cobra "Pepper Louise" & bare metal by Gius!

I am glad we are starting to get the great rare birds that are showing up for our sim here, but I wonder if anyone of our model makers would be willing to update some of the older stuff. What i mean for example here is the P-63 Kingcobra was ultimate of the Bell cobras. We have a good but dated model, but we need one with the animations and so on.

Anyone want to tackle that project? Maybe give us both a P-63A and a P-63C?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bell_P-63A_Kingcobra.jpg  
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Sopwith Chameleon did these for Piglets P63

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...17280&catid=55

The download is the complete aircraft...

That's his P-63 done in a hap hazard US markings. I would love to have a bird with proper markings but she works for now. I have always liked the P-63.
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Cowboy,
    if you need a reskinning for the KingCobra i can do...
    Bye,
    Giuseppe

I would love her in correct markings....for USAAF

When you do the reskin of the P-63 could you do me a personal favor and name the bird Pepper Louise

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

RKKA-VVS as well!

A good day to everybody!

Considering the P-63 was practically never deployed in combat by USAAF, while it saw a lot of action on the Russian front, it would be nice to have an historical RKKA-VVS livery for it, too!

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

That is true as well, the Russians did some wonderful ground pounding with all the cobras.

Count me in!

I have been looking for a gmax P-63 for cfs2, so I am definitely interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy1968 View Post
    When you do the reskin of the P-63 could you do me a personal favor and name the bird Pepper Louise
    Yes, surely.

work almost finished

Cowboy,
    the work is almost done...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingCobra1.jpg  

Looking great and thank you

Upload done.

Question

What do you think guys,
    i can do an aluminium USAAF version or should i proceed with some soviet skins?
    Cheers,
    Gius

Myself i would say both, and I would like to thank you for doing this skin for me

P-63A King Cobra 'Pepper Louise'.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: P-63A KingCobra 'Pepper Louise'

This is a texture set for the 1%P-63 KingCobra made by Tim Piglet Conrad. It depicts an USAAF plane based in the United States during 1944. It is dedicated to the wife of Cowboy1968, one of our SOH member, Pepper Louise, who sadly recently passed away.

Gius

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P-63A King Cobra 'Pepper Louise'.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by gius View Post
    Cowboy,
    the work is almost done...

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy1968
    Myself i would say both, and I would like to thank you for doing this skin for me.....
    Same here!

Cheers!
    KH

My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

P-63A King Cobra USAAF bare aluminium.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Here is a rendition of a bare metal P-63A, based in the US in late 1944. This is a texture set for the 1% Kingcobra made by Tim Piglet Conrad, available at SOH Warbirds Library, in the 1% Cfs2 Planes.

Thanks to Tim for this fine aircraft.

Gius (SOH member)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit P-63A King Cobra USAAF bare aluminium.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Blog Entries

Caro Gius,

Caro Gius,

Gran bella addizione! nonostante, penso che potresti fare delle migliorie... in quanto l'autore originale ha fatto
    degli errori col texturing... Penso sia meglio incominciare da capo... senza che gli errori comessi in anteprima
    vengano replicati...
    Specie nelle ali, ci sono delle aree che non vano bene... non torto tuo ma dal autore originale...
    Nel esempio aggiunto,

nota bene che ho eliminato delle forme discrete dal originale in maniera che non vengano viste dopo...(i.e: l'elevazione di pianta dalla coda)
    Se come molto spesso le texture non corrispondono essatamente ai limiti del modello... allora lasciando
    queste forme fuori... ottengono una finitura piu omogenea...
    Insomma, questo esempio e' ai primi passi di una rifatta... mancano ancora molte cose... weathering... panels...
    dettagli di superficie, etc. ma penso rendono l'idea di quello che cerco di spiegare...
    Come sempre, resto a tua disposizione per ogni chiarimento, aiuto, etc.

Vedi se ci possiamo "vedere" con lo Skype...
    Ciao per ora,
    Carlos

Icon22 Reply...

Gius,

Excellent job, thank you for all of your hard work on this!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 1