Consolidated PBY-2 and -3 Catalina - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consolidated PBY-2 and -3 Catalina

Blog Entries

Is this mapped anywhere...?

The sort of bow plate in the PBY has slatted jalousie-like vents... I noticed it is smooth in this early marks or so you have finished it...
    where is this portion of the hull mapped???
    I noticed you have revamped the amphibian later marks too, although they have not been released.. and those do have the slatted front bow plate...
    Any help appreciated on this question...

G.

G,
    I'm not with the files, but it was mapped to the far left hand side edge, at the height of the shutters, of the front left hand side tex.

As you say, later models had opening shutters, which are/will be modelled/texed etc.

Cheers

Shessi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    G,
    I'm not with the files, but it was mapped to the far left hand side edge, at the height of the shutters, of the front left hand side tex.

As you say, later models had opening shutters, which are/will be modelled/texed etc.

Cheers

Shessi
    Can you email me the textures for the later marks... so I can see exactly where how those shutters are mapped?
    Thanks in advance...
    G.

Question

Still haven't finished the later models, so will have to see what has to be done first, before assigning texs.

If you're that rushed, find any Alphasim PBY5 Cat tex or re-paint and they may have any texs for the louvres, if they were mapped separately.

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 2