Brewster Buffalo info/specs required - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewster Buffalo info/specs required

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    We have models with and without the spinners

And any kind of info is most welcome. Gear retraction/extending times, performance, weights, etc. Drawings of the cockpit as I am debating whether to do 3D gauges, but then again, 3D gauges are the norm these days. So in short, anything is welcome to aid in the development.
    The reason I am asking for specifics is because I probably have at LEAST 10 books that cover the Brewster Buffalo to some extent. It does not make sense to gather all that together either in scans or otherwise, so please let me know SPECIFICALLY what you need. At this point, we don't even know which model of the Brewster you intend to build. The numbers between the different versions varied by quite a lot as did the overall performance.

If you intend to do any kind of project, I presume you have at least done the basic research. I might be able to help with some of the more obscure information. 5 minutes with a browser should address most of the items you mentioned.

On a different note, I know I have an old Matchbox 1:72 Brewster Buffalo mostly built. One of the propeller blades broke off so I need to repair that before I actually finish painting it. Then again, I have not touched it in years.

- Ivan.

The cycle times for landing gear took a bit longer than I thot it would (about 10 minutes).
    Retraction takes about 5-7 seconds by my eyeball and is symmetrical (I didn't have a stop watch).
    See if you can find the right video on you-tube.
    I don't know how to paste the link from my iPad.

Just as an example of why the particular model is important:
    The B-239, B-339, and F2A each used a different diameter of propeller and different engine reduction gear ratio.

- Ivan.

The models I supplied to Gerge were the USN F2A-2 and B339E used by RAF. I also made a fuselage with the more filled in wheel well that some of the Dutch B339C used.

Matt

You probably have this already, but just in case you don't, check it out. It contains a lot of good info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brewster Buffalo Pilots Manual.pdf  

Members who have read this thread: 0