Brewster Buffalo info/specs required
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brewster Buffalo info/specs required

Blog Entries

Brewster Buffalo info/specs required

As the title suggest, I am looking for material relating to this aircraft. Specs, manuals, etc covering all aspects including the propeller. My lips are sealed on this aircraft until further notice

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Sounds very interesting!

As for manuals, you can buy digital copies of the UK Pilots Notes from these sites:

Mach One Manuals: -

http://www.flight-manuals.com/brewst...anual-raf.html

Aircraft Manuals & Blueprints: -

http://www.aircraft-manuals.com/brbuaipima.html

And a scan of the genuine PNs from the same site: -

http://www.aircraft-manuals.com/brbuiaipinom.html

(Looks to be a different edition to the one on the Mach One site).

As for specs and very good data on the Buffalo, I recommend 'America's Hundred Thousand' by Francis H.Dean.

Lots of stuff in there from the original Erection & Maintenance manuals, which I've yet to find in digital format.

Cheers

Paul

Just a guess but I imagine googling Erection & Maintenance would get you nothing wholesome on teh intranets
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Can't provide any material. Sorry. But with your talents this should be a wonderful aircraft.

Brian

Try a simple web search. I found quite a lot of stuff on the first try.

- Ivan.

"The Warbirds Forum" hosted by author Daniel Ford has a whole section dedicated to the Buffalo. Pilots notes and comments by Eric Shiling (sp?) AVG pilot.

Also avia-it.com (Itallian Aviation Site) has the notes in their aircraft manuals section.

Several Brewster Buffalos were stationed in an air base located close to my neighborhood about 70 years ago, they took off to Bandung and had a dogfight with IJN zeros, and were involved in the Battle of Sea Java, not really a happy ending for the Dutch pilots but if this would ever be a new release, I'll be the happiest simmer in the south east asia
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

I've used the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Archives before for drawings and documents. You may want to try them.

I expect George's request made at least a few of you curious as to what was behind the request... I can now reveal a little more. I built the Buffalo model you see below last year with the intention that it would be a follow on collaboration with Craig Richardson (after the Rara-Avisim Sopwith Pup) but Craig doesn't have a lot of time for development these day and rather than see the work go to waste I've been trying to find someone else to take it on to finish it... Hopefully George is still willing to do that, if we can overcome the technical difficulties of getting the model from my version of MAX to his somewhat older version. I made this with my work software and it was intended originally to be payware so I'd like to thank Alex Ford at Just Flight for giving me permission to make this model available to the FS community... hopefully in due course those of us who are fans of this rather niche subject will be able to enjoy an FSX native model. Hopefully there will be more news later.

Matt Ivey

I loved this plane in old IL2 days...used it around the carriers in its USN liveries

I would love to have it again in full FSX mode - will it have a tailhook?
    enter..the Sandman

I would hope so... as you can see in one of the pics of the F2A USN model I did build a hook and animated it.

Matt

Ahh ok - I see it now - wonderful
    thank you for working on this important, early war aircraft for use in FSX
    enter..the Sandman

Matt, you have PM.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks for useful suggestion Tom...Will look into it further

Matt

X

I think Icarus simulations released a Buffalo for FS9, and I had it at one time. No longer though. A FSX native model would be great! NC

Blog Entries
    Well here we are and my request was indeed for an FSX native package. Originally built in Max 2010, Max 9 will not open the files, so Matt was kind enough to convert into gmax format. For those that have sent me PM, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

So now, I have another request or a question if I may. Can we make this an SOH collaboration project? This will be my first WWII aircraft I build for FS and I know nada when it comes to paint schemes, squadrons, etc and many of you here have great vast knowledge in this area. I would also need someone to do FDEs, sounds, gauges, etc.

If this is a project that would interest and involvement, post here and we can assemble a team to get this project finished and out the door. Otherwise, it would be a long while before this project eventually see the light of day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buffalo.jpg  

well i have nothing to offer except encouragement ,i hope this will come together as the A-26 did years ago in FS9.and if some of you with talent,but would normally shy away because of other commitments,how about you do your part in private?...just a thought.no hating allowed...

George... are the textures not showing for you in gmax or have you just got them switched of? If the former I'll have to see if I can remember what I did to get them to show. gmax is a bit new to me so I'm still exploring.

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    George... are the textures not showing for you in gmax or have you just got them switched of? If the former I'll have to see if I can remember what I did to get them to show. gmax is a bit new to me so I'm still exploring.

Matt
    I haven't applied the materials to the mesh yet as I am getting familiarized with the mesh before I can commence work

Check whether the aircraft you are trying to represent has a Spinner or not. many did not.
    Let us know if you are looking for specific information.

- Ivan.

A Brewster Buffalo. A dream come true!! Or almost anyway!

Johan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Check whether the aircraft you are trying to represent has a Spinner or not. many did not.
    Let us know if you are looking for specific information.

- Ivan.
    We have models with and without the spinners

And any kind of info is most welcome. Gear retraction/extending times, performance, weights, etc. Drawings of the cockpit as I am debating whether to do 3D gauges, but then again, 3D gauges are the norm these days. So in short, anything is welcome to aid in the development.

Nice Had one of these.. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...BPQ&ajaxhist=0 many years ago
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0