MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!! - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MilViz P38L.. IT'S OUT!!

I thought I could keep my self distracted from this airplane, but with all these marvelous paint jobs it is almost impossible.

I will have to extend my birthday in to the coming weekend, so that I have an excuse to buy myself another gift, lol.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Fix status

Hi Baz,

How about an update on the status of the forthcoming fix (checked Facebook page - nothing new).

Bill

Hi,

It is presently being tested. We are hopeful on it being released tonight.

This will include fixes for most issues except for the Tacpack cheat and the addition of the Hispano 20mm cannon. VRS is on vacation and so we cannot do that one.

We are hopeful that we've covered the other bugs.

Thank you you for your patience.

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

It is presently being tested. We are hopeful on it being released tonight.

This will include fixes for most issues except for the Tacpack cheat and the addition of the Hispano 20mm cannon. VRS is on vacation and so we cannot do that one.

We are hopeful that we've covered the other bugs.

Thank you you for your patience.

Kat.
    Brilliant news Kat! Thanks a million!

Johan

Hi,

We are going to release the first of what we hope will only be two SP's.

These files do contain four bugs that we are working on fixing at this time:

1) Anti Cheat in Tacpack (should you have this version) VRS is on vacation and we are unable to fix it because of that.
    2) No Hispano 20mm cannon. See above.
    3) Prop switch is not functioning perfectly (yet).
    4) Primer/oil dilution switches have the wrong text.

These bugs will be fixed shortly and we will send out another build.

Fixes in this build:

1) Reload of weapons will disable other methods of firing
    2) Sound for guns/rockets only works with in vc buttons TP
    3) primer switches do not prime.
    4) the mag compass is not working properly
    5) gear doors are missing
    6) M64 bobm texture missing
    7) Rocket launch sound continues after rockets run out
    8) Gun tracer and sound effect
    9) Power On/Off movement of the gauge needles
    10)Tracer rounds not visible & sound missing

12) Stutters fixed
    13) Oil cooler flaps.
    14) you MUST use the primer (oil dilution switches) to start as per the manual.

Thank you.

Kat

Thanks for that Kat. I don't have TP so much of that doesn't apply. No mention of the nav lights?

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks, Kat - the stutter fix will get me into the aircraft again.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Thanks for that Kat. I don't have TP so much of that doesn't apply. No mention of the nav lights?

ATB
    DaveB
    The nav lights are fixed too.

Cheers

ATB
    DaveB

Super-bummed that I own a half-dozen MilViz planes (and supported the P-38 right on release) but that customers who bought anywhere other than direct from MilViz can't get upgrade offers/new versions.

Hi,

All of the vendors that we work with, except Suroclaro (who continue to sell our stuff without permission) have the latest updates of our software. We do not offer the discounts to those clients because, in the end, getting you to buy direct from us is the point.

Thank you.

Kat.

Well, sure, but you guys didn't start selling direct until later, right? So it wasn't an option when I bought the P-38 or a bunch of the others. Since I discovered you guys were selling direct, I started supporting you that way, and I got the F-86 livery collection direct.

Ah well. I know creating FS planes isn't exactly a "let's buy a Ferrari with the profits!" occupation, so understood you want to encourage direct sales. Just bummed I can't join the P-38 fun when I supported the plane when it was first released.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoun View Post
    Hi,

We are going to release the first of what we hope will only be two SP's.

These files do contain four bugs that we are working on fixing at this time:

1) Anti Cheat in Tacpack (should you have this version) VRS is on vacation and we are unable to fix it because of that.
    2) No Hispano 20mm cannon. See above.
    3) Prop switch is not functioning perfectly (yet).
    4) Primer/oil dilution switches have the wrong text.

These bugs will be fixed shortly and we will send out another build.

Fixes in this build:

1) Reload of weapons will disable other methods of firing
    2) Sound for guns/rockets only works with in vc buttons TP
    3) primer switches do not prime.
    4) the mag compass is not working properly
    5) gear doors are missing
    6) M64 bobm texture missing
    7) Rocket launch sound continues after rockets run out
    8) Gun tracer and sound effect
    9) Power On/Off movement of the gauge needles
    10)Tracer rounds not visible & sound missing

12) Stutters fixed
    13) Oil cooler flaps.
    14) you MUST use the primer (oil dilution switches) to start as per the manual.

Thank you.

Kat
    We will be notified by e-mail from Colin or you when the SP is available for download?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hi,

We have always been selling direct.

An email has now been sent out with a link to the newest build.

Once VRS is back from vacation, we will implement the Tacpack stuff and send out another build. Hopefully, by that time, we will have fixed the other outstanding bugs.

Thank you.

Kat.
    Last edited by Katoun; May 21st, 2015 at 21:59.

Thx Kat! Downloaded, but will have to wait till after work!

Johan

Hi Chaps

I can't find an uninstaller for the P-38 so.. do we

a) install the new version over the top or
    b) delete the original model folder from Airplanes then install the new version?

BTW readers.. this is not a simple update as such.. it's a new full model
    ATB
    DaveB

Running the installer will give you an option to uninstall. Then you can run again and install clean.

Rgr that mate.. cheers

ATB
    DaveB

The new model (FSX Standard.. no TP) runs markedly smoother on my i5 rig even with Hi-Res textures selected.. stutter-free too

Well done MilViz

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Running the installer will give you an option to uninstall. Then you can run again and install clean.
    How does it handle the additional addon textures? Does it delete the entire aircraft folder, or just the subfolders installed by the original install? In the past I've always had to do a full backup copy of my texture folders and aircraft.cfg for installing Milviz updates, and was wondering if this is the same.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Warhorse, I did the install but as you mentioned the aircraft.cfg file will be over written. I made a copy of it and just added the new add on aircraft entries to the new aircraft.cfg. I did an install over the top which seems to have worked fine. This aircraft gets better and better.

The uninstaller will erase the entire Milviz P-38L folder. Backup all your addon texture folders.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Hi,

The uninstaller is in the installer. It's a check box.

Thank you for the compliments.

We are, apparently, still having problems with Tacpack and our sounds. We are actively trying to fix this.

We hope to have a fix for all Tacpack related issues by Monday or Tuesday next week when VRS is back from vacation and we can get the anti-cheat done as well.

Thank you for your patience.

Kat.

To all at Milviz, thanks for your hard work on this project. The sp really helped the fps on my machine (2.4ghz dual core windows 7 64bit 4gig ram Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 1gb) cockpit fps mid 20s and exteriors are even better and this is with hi res textures. Again thanks so much for your hardwork.

re: p-38 repaints

Hi all,

I have the older P-38RB Civilian Redux model. I'm really impressed with the repaints of the new P-38L. My question: will these repaints also work with the older P-38RB?

I've always wanted an 82nd FG repaint for my P-38RB (thanks jankees for creating a beautiful one for the P-38L!) but can't afford the new P-38L right now.
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

Quote Originally Posted by Badger85 View Post
    Hi all,

I have the older P-38RB Civilian Redux model. I'm really impressed with the repaints of the new P-38L. My question: will these repaints also work with the older P-38RB?

I've always wanted an 82nd FG repaint for my P-38RB (thanks jankees for creating a beautiful one for the P-38L!) but can't afford the new P-38L right now.
    I believe it was stated early on that this is a completely new aircraft and that none of the old textures would work with the new plane and vis versa.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0