Is there a JU-88a for Fs9?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a JU-88a for Fs9?

Is there a JU-88a for Fs9?

.....besides the one of Kazunori?

Cees

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Krzysztof Malinowski did a few models for CFS2, based on the CFS2 source files I believe, that work fine in Fs9 with a few small mods in the aircraft.cfg and a decent soundset.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=205

the first two, By our own Shessi!!

Johan

Cees only that

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Krzysztof Malinowski did a few models for CFS2, based on the CFS2 source files I believe, that work fine in Fs9 with a few small mods in the aircraft.cfg and a decent soundset.
    But they look surprisingly well in FSX

A try-->did only conversion and panel-->all other Authors

Roland

Thats the FSX-->but main thing to chnage to FS9 is prop

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 88.jpg  

I realize I should have been more specific: I need a JU88 for scenery pruposes! I want to do some Battle of Britain Luftwaffe bases. fs9 planes convert best with SAMM.

Cees

Can I find the Malinowski JU 88 on Simviation?

Yes and here

Roland

Alas! SAMM says about the Malinowski plane it's no mdl file it was meant to process......

Cees

Lightbulb

Mr Mo
    Hello,

this is a pack of K. Malinowskies Ju88 A series for FS2002 / CFS2, reworked for FS9 by me.

I have collected all models (A-4, 5, 11, 14, 17) and all repaints I have found in this pack.
    The next what I had done was adding position lights,effects and a working autopilot in FS9.
    I have also "created" a new soundfile. For my oppinion this one is more powerfull ;-)

I have created this pack in need of good Ju88 for my own private use only. But I find the result
    is very nice and maybe worth to share. Perhaps you like it too.

Don't give me any credits! :-D

Thank Malinowskie for this plane and the other guys for their repaints and changes !!!

Enjoy and have fun...

Greets

Mr Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Alas! SAMM says about the Malinowski plane it's no mdl file it was meant to process......

Cees
    Then maybe you should look at the code of the model like Roland has done...

Question

Hi Cees,
    What would you like?

I can quite simple make a 'poly light' simplified version of the KM 88, as a bgl for scenery, is that what you are after?

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Cees,
    What would you like?

I can quite simple make a 'poly light' simplified version of the KM 88, as a bgl for scenery, is that what you are after?

Shessi

That would be great Shessi!

Cees

Cees,
    Try this, let me know.

As a test I made it placed as a scenery bgl at N53 E6 6.5ft high, which is just sw of Drachten next to the A7

Cheers

Shessi

No useable file found in this bgl!

Could you turn out a scenery MDL?

Cees

I take it you mean no usable bgl with SAMM?

Unfortunately this is not only a very old model but I had to extract as well, so it will not compile under FSDS 3.0 or 3.5 (which make scenery mdls), as the GUID is not correct for SAMM and other scenery makers like this. Attached is an Fs9 mdl, see if you can use that.

What I would say is you could use other scenery compilers and this bgl will work with it.

Shessi

I take it you mean no usable bgl with SAMM?

Unfortunately this is not only a very old model but I had to extract as well, so it will not compile under FSDS 3.0 or 3.5 (which make scenery mdls), as the GUID is not correct for SAMM and other scenery makers like this. Attached is an Fs9 mdl, see if you can use that.

What I would say is you could use other scenery compilers and this bgl will work with it.

Shessi
    I won't turn into a library with Library creator. Maybe I can place it wit Obplacer?

I'll let you know!

Cees

AAAGH! 'Communication with fsuip not possible'! But I have it installed! Will this not work with FSX?

Cees

I cannot get it to work! Alas! Thanks fou your trouble Shessi!

Cees

Ian got it to work! Thanks Shessi! Thanks Ian! I I don't know how you did it, my version of converter didn't do it!

Cees

Cees,
    I got it to work too. I used MCX and library maker then placed it with IS3. I ran the last MDL from Shessi thru
    MCX and made it a FSX scenery mdl, then used Library Maker to make it a scenery object library. Put it in a
    folder and installed into FSX.

It does sit a little nose high and tail wheel does not touch the ground. Also looks like the tire's are not attached
    to the gear strut. Maybe replace the blocky tires with original tires. Other than that it will look the part for scenery.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Great, I thought it should.

Joe,
    Yes, those issues can be dealt with, it's just how many Cees wants to have set out on an airfield and any FR hit. You could always convert the proper A4 mdl and use that, then you would have detail.

I agree though, I didn't really like the tyres! As far as nose high, the Ju88 does sit pretty high, but I'll adjust the whole ac. You could always place it lower with the prog.

It's a balance of how close are you going to be to your scenery, and any FR hit having multiple detailed ac in the frame?

Let me know, thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

Great, I thought it should.

Joe,
    Yes, those issues can be dealt with, it's just how many Cees wants to have set out on an airfield and any FR hit. You could always convert the proper A4 mdl and use that, then you would have detail.

I agree though, I didn't really like the tyres! As far as nose high, the Ju88 does sit pretty high, but I'll adjust the whole ac. You could always place it lower with the prog.

It's a balance of how close are you going to be to your scenery, and any FR hit having multiple detailed ac in the frame?

Let me know, thanks.

Cheers

Shessi
    I did try the original flyable mdl, and after I converted it to a FSX scenery object the landing gear did not show.

As it sit now its only 313 kb with 3 drawcalls plus 1 for the texture. So adding a squadron spread out around an
    airbase shouldn't be that bad on frames. If Cees keeps them all on one placement bgl, people can take them out
    if its to much on frames. Or set the scenery density for each one so only a few show at lower scenery settings and
    all at higher settings.

If you can change the tires out that would make it perfect.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

I run Windows 8.1. Can it be that that hinders some proggies I normally use for scenery building?

Btw: where can that package by mr Mo be found? Is that here in the Outhouse?

Cees

I ran the last MDL from Shessi thru
    MCX and made it a FSX scenery mdl,
    Thats pretty much how i did it,

another thing to think about, as this is a scenery object only, you only need one texture bmp---

"ju_88a_4_t", is the only one you need to install, ive deleted all the others with no problems i can see. and as i use it in FSX, ive converted it to DDS format also.

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Yes and here

Roland
    I can find no 88a here?

Cees

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I can find no 88a here?

Cees
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=103733&sort=d

Members who have read this thread: 2