HMS Bounty for FSX Released - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty for FSX Released

Manuele, I think they are beautiful! :-) Fortunately or not, my plate is full of 11 aircraft to get out and my filler project right now is the F7F-1,-3, 3N, and tanker. The Bounty required a lot of time over a 3-year span and I would expect any similar project as a filler one to take 2-3 years to complete. So, from my wonderful experience with the Bounty, I would suggest that you try one of these beauties for a break from aircraft development. It's a wonderful learning experience. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

There's another galleon over at flightsim to go with this.

Arrr....

Dave

Bob Familton setup a nice FSX AI route with the AI version I sent to him. Works great! Looks great!

I asked him if he would add a few routes and release the package.

No impact on frame rates i could see.

I am ready for some MP action this weekend if anyone wants to jump in.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Bob Familton setup a nice FSX AI route with the AI version I sent to him. Works great! Looks great!

I asked him if he would add a few routes and release the package.

No impact on frame rates i could see.

I am ready for some MP action this weekend if anyone wants to jump in.
    Thanks Milton for the screenshots. I am glad you got it working OK. I am working on several other routes. If they all work OK I'll package them up and upload them. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    There's another galleon over at flightsim to go with this.

Arrr....

Dave
    Erwin did a nice job on this one given its complexity.

Title: FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century

FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century. This sailing ship is a replic for Roman Polanski's movie "Pirates" with Walter Matthau as pirats captain. On my model I have replaced the oversized figurehead "Neptune" with a scary reaper. The boat is almost complete rigged with hundreds of ropes regarding the early 17th century. Forteen cannons and two Jolly Roger flags are animated. Twentyeight cameras let you explore the whole ship: The deck, below the decks and you can enjoy the sailors views from high above in the masts. Using FS2004 there are seventeen virtual panel lookaround views. FSDS 3.5 model made by Erwin Welker
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

PHNL just happens to have a water runway in teh middle of teh bay, two exits best place to launch.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

That galleon looks pretty cool... but it's the interaction with the wind in the Bounty that makes this ship so wonderful!
    Jim Stewart

In addition to the alternate views he did, Familton has put together several AI routes in beautiful places. The latest route is around PAKT Ketchikan, a beautiful place to fly, and to not sail alone. Bob will be releasing all of these "soon".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

In addition to the alternate views he did, Familton has put together several AI routes in beautiful places. The latest route is around PAKT Ketchikan, a beautiful place to fly, and to not sail alone. Bob will be releasing all of these "soon".
    How was it possible for two ships in the views? Is one of them in AI Carriers?

One of the ships is your driveable HMS Bounty. The other ship is the AI ship that will be uploaded by me ASAP. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    How was it possible for two ships in the views? Is one of them in AI Carriers?
    Yes Sir! AI it is, but you can also sail together in a multiplayer session, two or more ships. Seems not many people take advantage of that fun side of the sim.

You can hookup here: http://www.sim-outhouse.net:8181/

Go to the SOH.net site and read up. Not hard at all.

Anybody wanting to do some MP, let me know.
    If you have Teamspeak, you can chat online with your simming buddies; highly recommended.

You will need a a microphone and speakers or a headset with a boom mike, $20 or less most places.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have just uploaded "Five HMS Bounty AI Traffic Files" to the library. This is my first attempt to make ship AI traffic.

There are five sets of HMS_Bounty AI traffic for FSX. They are:

1) NK30 (Sealanes-Jamaica Bay) water runway on Rockaway, Long Island around NYC harbor
    2) Down the Portland Canal
    3) Two Harbors to Avalon at Catalina Island, CA
    4) W39 (Roche Harbor Seaplane Base) to W33
    5) 8K9 to Ketchikan

Bob.

I am just curious. I see there are 61 hits on my HMS Bounty AI traffic files. Does anyone have any comments or problems with them? Thanks, Bob.

Hi Bob!

I "raced" the AI Bounty From Roche Harbor to Friday Harbor last night. I was having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures! It Works GREAT!!!!!!!!!

I'm going play at Catalina Island tonight. I hear the bars in Avalon can be pretty wild on Saturday night!

I'm curious about something. I noticed there are two model folders, one sails, one static(no sails). Is the static model for scenery? If so, what would be the best way to place it?

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in the development of this FANTASTIC addon!

Mark
    "Even the best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there, and even then, they're still not sure."-- Frank Bama

Hi. Glad you like them. I've never been to Avalon at night. I've been there during the day though.

As far as I know Milton included both with sails and without. I am sure that either model can be used for AI but it would look silly for it to cruise with no sails. I've never tried it but it's just a matter of replacing the boats name in the Boats.txt and recompiling the files with AIBTC.

I am working on several new routes and if I see any interest I'll upload them too. One is up Pearl Harbor past the Arizona Memorial and another is around Seattle. A lot depends on what other scenery and traffic files one has. I've noticed crashes when one AI ship contacts another AI ship. There is a difference in the data for FSX and Google Earth which makes it harder. I have had to redo the routes several times to avoid other land areas or bridge supports in FSX. I had a crash into the bridge supports for that Verazzano Bridge in the NY harbor.

It's pretty easy to make the traffic files. All you need is Google Earth and AIBTC. It helps to have FSX Google Earth Tracker and AiRound 2 to watch the ships.

Bob.

P.S. Here's a screenshot of the Statue of Liberty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nyharbor.jpg  

The Seattle route sounds good! If you don't mind a route suggestion, how about Charlotte Amalie Harbor, St. Thomas USVI (VI22) to Christiansted Harbor, St. Croix USVI (VI23)?

About the static no sails model, I was thinking more along the lines of a scenery object that can be placed by Instant Scenery or any other object placement program.

Thanks!

Mark
    "Even the best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there, and even then, they're still not sure."-- Frank Bama

Hi Mark. I made a traffic file from the Cyril E. King Airport (TIST) to VI32. I did that because VI22 was way offshore and did

not take advantage of the shoreline scenery. Unzip the attached file and place the bgl file into your Scenery\World\Scenery

(the same place that you have the other traffic file from my traffic zip file) and the kml file which you can load and view in Google

Earth. It's on a 1 hr schedule so go to TIST runway 10 at a little bit before any 1 hr time increment (UTC). You will have to

slew your ship a little to the right to be in the water with the AI HMS Bounty.

It's a lot better if you have the FSX Google Earth Tracker as you can follow the ship. I will attach a pic of the route, a pic of

the Google Earth Tracker.

Please let me know if it works OK.

For any other viewers of this thread this attachment will NOT work unless you already have installed the model in my

previous traffic file. (uploaded here at SOH). (Five HMS Bounty AI Traffic Files.zip)

Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kml route.jpg   enroute.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by familton; May 31st, 2015 at 18:10.

Thanks, Bob!

I followed along in the Beagle. I love how it runs between the smaller islands before heading out to St. Croix. It was a challenge keeping up as she threaded her way through the channel!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BountyAI_001.JPG   BountyAI_002.JPG  

Hi Mark. You are welcome. That's why I did it that way. VI22 to VI32 direct would have had no nice scenery. Did you try the FSX Google Earth Tracker to watch it's position on the way?

If you want any more let me know. It doesn't take much time to make them. The time consuming task is to make sure you don't hit land in crowded places. FSX and GE data bases are not the same. FSX has a lot of protruding land masses that are not in GE.

Bob.

Avast there....

FSX/FS2004 Galleon NEPTUNE from the 17th century. This sailing ship is a replic for Roman Polanski's movie "Pirates" with Walter Matthau as pirats captain. On my model I have replaced the oversized figurehead "Neptune" with a scary reaper. The boat is almost complete rigged with hundreds of ropes regarding the early 17th century. Forteen cannons and two Jolly Roger flags are animated. Twentyeight cameras let you explore the whole ship: The deck, below the decks and you can enjoy the sailors views from high above in the masts. Using FS2004 there are seventeen virtual panel lookaround views. FSDS 3.5 model made by Erwin Welker

Alongside the HMS Bounty

Last edited by gray eagle; June 3rd, 2015 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post

Alongside the HMS Bounty
    Ah grayeagle, I cannot see your attachments.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ah grayeagle, I cannot see your attachments.
    Any better? I originally loaded direct from my computer then reupped to a hoster.

Yes, but now I see the pics in both posts.

That model sure looks large. I will have to look up the dimensions to see how much bigger it is than the Bounty.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes, but now I see the pics in both posts.

That model sure looks large. I will have to look up the dimensions to see how much bigger it is than the Bounty.
    That's because I reloaded the pics in both posts.

Hi Milton

Been waiting for the AI Bounty to appear and found it with Henrik's latest AI Ships set. She's flying 3 ensigns mate but the rest looks fine. See here.. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...580#post962580

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 2