My favourite biplane............ - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My favourite biplane............

That's a shame Huub. I've seen Anna Walker fly AJ almost as many times as I've been to Duxford airshows (and that's a LOT). We'll have to make do with JT's paint and use our imagination

ATB
    DaveB

Nice plane! An-2 forever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails post-2373-0-40298000-1430417065.jpg  

There are a few very nice biplanes from the Great War available. However they are beautiful, but often quite slow

And I even still have this one installed. Old but still the best Fokker D.VII which will work in FSX

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Have you tried ROF?
    I did and wrecked many planes Especially those I was trying to fly

Cheers,
    Huub

hahahahaha

I've had a look through some of the many shots I have of BSAJ and there IS one advantage over JT's BJAL.. no wing reg This might be worth a cut'n'shut job

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    There are a few very nice biplanes from the Great War available. However they are beautiful, but often quite slow

And I even still have this one installed. Old but still the best Fokker D.VII which will work in FSX
    Huub, just a fantastic thread... Thank you
    Could you tell me more about this aircraft it looks great

The picture in the shot looks like the Aircraft Factory Albatros D.III(Oef).. a lovely model and almost aerobatic. The text under it refers to the model below that.. not to this shot

ATB
    DaveB

DC

Its indeed the payware Aircraft Factory Albatros D.III(Oef). This brilliant skin can be found here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?70768-Albatros-D-III-(Oeffag)-The-Black-Baron-zip .

I hope one that that they will make a new Fokker D.VII for FSX in this quality.

Cheers,
    huub

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Yes the Jungmann is a good one.
    Slightly OT, has anyone seen a paint for G-BSAJ for the Jungmann? I downloaded the paintkit, but it's in PSP format, otherwise I'd have a go myself.
    Dave.. where did you find the paint kit?? I've looked at all the places I know and have drawn a blank Thing is.. I've dug through some of my old CD's and found a copy of PSP7 Anniversary Edition (god knows what that means) and have installed it on my WinXP pc. It's probably the same vintage as the model so it should work
    ATB
    DaveB

This was one of my favourites in FS2004. Perhaps after the Grumman F3F-2..........

Cheers,
    Huub

The Bulldog works well in FSX.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    The Bulldog works well in FSX.
    I concur!!!

Ah - a different Bulldog!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-12-27_17-27-32-382.jpg  

The Bulldog in the screenshot is the old Alphasim one. Does anyone know whether the Aeroplane heaven one also works?

Some oldies still look very nice in FSX..... Stuart Green's Fokker D.VII textures by RobH.

Not my 'favourite' but one of. It's a lovely relaxing flight model and great for those days when you want to chill. I love the pilots animated scarf too The Rara-Avis Sim Sopwith Pup from JF..

There are 3 packs.. none of which are expensive and they often appear in various sales.
    ATB
    DaveB

In the early days experimenting with Dx10 (way before Steve's Fixer) this Ansaldo by Manuele was one of the very few Fs9 aircraft that showed full textures, vc and exterior, unlike most that were just white. It's a great looking model

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I am surprised nobody put up the Curtis 'Hawk'. Shows it flying in FSX Accel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Curtis BF2C-1 Hawk_FSX Acel.jpg  
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Wow, stunning images John!

I second Huubs remark, John. May I ask what scenery that is?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The Bulldog in the screenshot is the old Alphasim one.
    Are you sure of that? Mine is the ALPHA one (I've checked - bristol_bulldog_iia.zip at FlightSim) but it's definitely not the same. Not just the markings, but tailwheel/skid, lights on the upper wing . . . Maybe mine is a more recent version? It includes Spanish Republican markings as well as RAF.

Always gives me a buzz to see Craig and I's Camel and Pup getting some love.

I always liked Stewart Greens FS9 Spad 7 so I was delighted when Vertigo Studios brought out their Native FSX model. I find the flight model a bit tricky if I'm honest (its very twitchy on the elevator and nose heavy rather than tail heavy which I thought most planes of this era where... but for all I know that may be right) but It looks so nice I don't worry about that... I just crash a lot

I wasn't that keen on the metal textures for the Camel release version 2 so when we where working on the Pup I made some new ones that I never got round to uploading... here in DX10 mode

Huub used these to create his own version below. Personally I like both. I've got mine installed on some of the bare metal Camels and Huub's on some of the others. Maybe we can make these available to you other biplane fans in due course.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0