My favourite biplane............ - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My favourite biplane............

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Gary Jones did a lovely Kestrel soundset which suits this model very well Roger
    ATB
    DaveB
    Any suggestions where I can download it Dave?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Any suggestions where I can download it Dave?
    Hi Rog

You can get them HERE mate. Gary originally did these for Ted Cook's Demon and Hart and they were uploaded to Britsim. This particular version Gary sent me just after I'd bought the Fury and are bang up-to-date Enjoy

ATB
    DaveB

Hi Rog

You can get them HERE mate. Gary originally did these for Ted Cook's Demon and Hart and they were uploaded to Britsim. This particular version Gary sent me just after I'd bought the Fury and are bang up-to-date Enjoy

ATB
    DaveB
    Cheers Dave, got them
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

AT-32 by JBK.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Aahh the Fiat CR.42! But I fly that one mainly on FS2004

This one is quite nice too and Alessandro Biaggi made some nice textures for it..... great sounds!

Swingmans PO-2
    It was a little too FPS hungry for me but that might have been a couple of PCs ago...
    I should try it again
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Love Alexander's PO-2!

How many favorite "bipes" can you fit in one shot? All freeware here:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

A couple more shots of the FCS Hawker Fury...which I am now much more prone to fly, as there is one in England now that is flying (the only original example in the world flying). I'm hoping it is displayed at some UK airshows this summer.

That's my favourite paint too John. It'd be nice to have one of the flying example here in the UK but without a paint kit.. it's too much for me! Check out the Kestrel soundset I posted a link to by Gary Jones. It makes that old girl even better

ATB
    DaveB

Aircraft Factory Avro 504 and in the background.. the JF Sopwith Pup. It has to be said I don't fly either much but that's a consequence of having a hangar bulging at the seams as much as anything else!

ATB
    DaveB

That's my favourite paint too John. It'd be nice to have one of the flying example here in the UK but without a paint kit.. it's too much for me! Check out the Kestrel soundset I posted a link to by Gary Jones. It makes that old girl even better
    Yep, I love that soundset, and used to use it with the Ted Cook Hawker biplanes in FS2004 as well. I also use his wonderful Rolls Royce Falcon, Bristol Mercury, and Bristol Pegasus engine soundsets for the appropriate types.

Speaking of which, would you, Dave, or anyone else, happen to know where one could still get the "early Merlin soundet" that used to be on Britsim? I forget who did that soundset, but I loved it and used to use with the Hurricane models.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Yep, I love that soundset, and used to use it with the Ted Cook Hawker biplanes in FS2004 as well. I also use his wonderful Rolls Royce Falcon, Bristol Mercury, and Bristol Pegasus engine soundsets for the appropriate types.

Speaking of which, would you, Dave, or anyone else, happen to know where one could still get the "early Merlin soundet" that used to be on Britsim? I forget who did that soundset, but I loved it and used to use with the Hurricane models.
    I'll drop Gary an email John.. it may have been one of his. I still have a few soundsets lurking on a (now) external drive so I'll take a look. When Gary read about the FCS Fury.. he had a fiddle with the original sounds he'd done for Ted (he's never happy!!) and sent the ones in the link above. It has to be said, I was more than happy with his v1 set but these are better still IMHO. I know Gary suffered a HD failure and lost much of his source files so when Britsim went down.. this added to his loss. I'll drop him a line anyway
    ATB
    DaveB

John..

I've heard back from Gary.. the early Merlin set was his at Britsim. While he's lost those files.. he still has his original zips but none seem to match 'Early Merlin'. He advised that he'd also uploaded a few files to Avsim and I've looked there but can only see sounds by Des Braban. I've got one more HD I can try but doors are closing I'm afraid.

EDIT: Sri John.. I can't see it on the last HD either

ATB
    DaveB

Thank you very much for going to such lengths, Dave, I appreciate it!

My favourite biplane, it my favourite livery

I had another look at the He51 yesterday and realised straight away why I'd not taken to it the first time around. Landing it is like sitting on the back of an express train.. the front is so darned long! It IS a nice model though so I'll keep it in the hangar this time

ATB
    DaveB

Am I allowed to join in? I still fly this a lot...

Am I allowed to join in?
    But of course

I keep that installed too. Like many of these old models.. I'm not sure the FD is.. err.. accurate but it sure is fun to fly. Great on FR's too so you can fill the sky with the darned things!!

ATB
    DaveB

Still a winner - and still free - OFischers Bucker Jungmann

someday it might be nice to get a new 131...or one of these...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Yes the Jungmann is a good one.
    Slightly OT, has anyone seen a paint for G-BSAJ for the Jungmann? I downloaded the paintkit, but it's in PSP format, otherwise I'd have a go myself.

My all time favorite RS Stearman...

... and F3F (fictional)!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Yes the Jungmann is a good one.
    Slightly OT, has anyone seen a paint for G-BSAJ for the Jungmann? I downloaded the paintkit, but it's in PSP format, otherwise I'd have a go myself.
    Not seen one for BSAJ Dave.. it'd be on my HD if I had. Don't have PSP either

ATB
    DaveB

Same here Dave, I haven't seen G-BSAJ. The model is difficult to repaint as it has separate textures for the external model as seen from the VC. The wings are mirrored and to enable tepainters to add registration codes there is a section on the wings which has a separate texture and on top of that there is a strange distortion in the aft part of the fuselage.

I really don't want to discourage you, but this limits the possibilities to repaint this model.

Good luck,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0