Which BF-109 to purchase?

Thread: Which BF-109 to purchase?

Hello chaps,

I am wondering which (in your opinion) is the best BF-109 on the FSX market?

Cheers,

Tim...

Best is a wide variety and what one like the others may hate-My take is

The only real FSX and VERY good is Flight Replica's Bf109-K Kurfürst

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Bf-109K_FSX.htm

and to answer next question ( which usuall comes straight after Bf109)

Best FW 190 you will find there

http://www.classics-hangar.de/produkte.htm

All my opinion

Roland

On both you have to be a decent FS pilot they are difficult to fly ( start and land )

( I dont earn money anywhere there )

Hands down, FR's 'K' model - also a very nice Me262 Schwalbe.

The question "what is the best" is always difficult to answer. What is better a steak or fish? I think the answer depends on your taste.

There are several Bf109s available. There are freeware ones. And as the are free they are therefore most definitely the best value for money.

There are several payware models available. The ones I know are the Just Flight Bf109 Emil, the A2A Bf109 Emil and the Flight Replicas Bf109 Kürfurst. There is a huge difference between an early Emil and a Kürfurst, which was at the and of line. Which on you like is purely a matter of personal preference.

The Just Flight model is most likely the most accurate from the early models. Especially shape of the nose section is much closer to the original. However the A2A model is far more popular. The model looks very good and there are a huge amount of repaints available.

The Just Flight model comes with two models (E-4 and E-4 trop) and 17 different liveries and is available for 9.99 Euros at the Aerosoft store. (When you want to purchase this model you really should check as it is offered for many different prices).
    The A2A model is available at the A2A webstore for $18.99 (roughly 17 Euros). Its comes with the E-3 model, the E-4 model and the E-4 tropical model. The original package contains a limited amount of liveries, but there are hundreds of high quality repaints available.
    So when you want an early model and go for looks and many liveries the A2A model is the best one. When you go for accuracy and best buy the Just Flight is your model.

When you want a late model, the Flight Replica is the model for you. Its available for $ 29,99 at the Flight Replicas shop. Its very accurate and comes with several liveries and there are several free extra liveries available. On my not so young system it is a bit heavy on the framerates.

So you question "which (in your opinion) is the best BF-109 on the FSX market?" can not really be answered by me, but I hope the above will provide you some guidelines.

I do agree with Roland that the above described Bf109 models might not be the best Luftwaffe fighter models for FSX. But when you really want a Bf109 one of the above should be "it".

Cheers,
    Huub

IMHO, I agree with most comments above, BUT, for those of us who like the early model Bf-109E, the A2A model wins hands down.

Although it is actually an FS9 model adapted to FSX native standards, the VC is a sight to believe. The flight model is brilliant and the number of repaints available for it incredible.

I have the FR model and the A2A, but the last one gets the most flight hours.

I'm afraid there just isn't any easy answer. It all depends on what Bf-109 version you prefer. Late model? FR without a doubt. Early model? A2A hands down.

But you know what, buy both! They're not expensive and both are just beautifully modelled!

Johan

The Just Flight model comes with two models (E-4 and E-4 trop) and 17 different liveries and is available for 9.99 Euros at the Aerosoft store. (When you want to purchase this model you really should check as it is offered for many different prices).
    Huub.. I've looked on the Aerosoft store (as you do) and only see the Flight1 Bf109F advertised and it's Eur39.99. There are 20 JF products available.. none are the 109?? I'm not in the market by the way.. just interested to see the JF109 at 9.99Eur

ATB
    DaveB

Hi Dave,

Here is the link: http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.p...lier_aid=11900

I hope it works.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ah.. I see. Odd but that isn't available if you click on the Union Jack (I presume for English) page yet it's there on the German page.. boxed version too!!

Cheers Huub
    ATB
    DaveB

Hallo,
    as I just use FS2004, I doesn't know if the FS2004 models of the FlightReplicas would be compatible to FSX.
    I mean the "G" series they published for FS2004.
    I like them a lot - also the have the AVIA series from the Messerschmitt with the JUMO engines (very tricky to take off and land).
    It would be fine for you and a really interesting variant if it works under FSX, many repaints for it has been published.
    The K was the end of the line of the german Messerschmitts, yes - but the real end of the line for the "109"was the Hispano Avicion HA-1112.
    A 109 produced with a Rolls Royce engine. This closed the circle as the very first 109 (Messerschmitt Bf-109 V1) flew with a Rolls Royce Kestrel engine.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo,
    as I just use FS2004, I doesn't know if the FS2004 models of the FlightReplicas would be compatible to FSX.
    I mean the "G" series they published for FS2004.
    I like them a lot - also the have the AVIA series from the Messerschmitt with the JUMO engines (very tricky to take off and land).
    It would be fine for you and a really interesting variant if it works under FSX, many repaints for it has been published.
    The K was the end of the line of the german Messerschmitts, yes - but the real end of the line for the "109"was the Hispano Avicion HA-1112.
    A 109 produced with a Rolls Royce engine. This closed the circle as the very first 109 (Messerschmitt Bf-109 V1) flew with a Rolls Royce Kestrel engine.

The Avia-series works great in FSX.

Cees

I wish there ware native Messerschmitt Bf109 G-models (especially G2 and G6) for FSXA (payware or payware quality freeware), but I think there isn't any.

Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thank you gentlemen for the diverse input. There is much to think about and investigate further.

Kind regards,
    Tim...

Thank you for a try but those are originally made for FS2004 i.e. they are not native FSX models. According to this: http://www.flight-replicas.com/FS9-to-FSX_inst.htm they won't work flawlesly in FSX especially in my Acceleration version. I bought a K version which is native and flies nicely in FSXA. It's "fault" is that it isn't a G. I wonder why no one has made native Messersschmitt Bf109 Gs. It was however the most common (most numerous) model of Messerschmitts in WWII.

Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    The Avia-series works great in FSX.

Cees
    Yes-->and thats a real challenge to lift of a runway( and dont hit anything there) with that torque ( after all its a Bf-109 with an He-111 engine and prop) similar to the 190D13

Roland

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PHo17 View Post
    Thank you for a try but those are originally made for FS2004 i.e. they are not native FSX models. According to this: http://www.flight-replicas.com/FS9-to-FSX_inst.htm they won't work flawlesly in FSX especially in my Acceleration version. I bought a K version which is native and flies nicely in FSXA. It's "fault" is that it isn't a G. I wonder why no one has made native Messersschmitt Bf109 Gs. It was however the most common (most numerous) model of Messerschmitts in WWII.
    I bought the F, G and K models for Fs9 and FsX on DVD, and with the prop fix they work fine in FsX Steam, or at least I see no major problems.
    It would be nice if one day Mike would bring the models up to FsX native standard with shadows and high res textures, but until then I am still quite happy with the old port-over models.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    And although I like the 'G' and it is the most numerous built, I (Like many Luftwaffe pilots!) prefer the 'F' model when it comes to flying :

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Looks like I'll have to speed up G development.

And from there, the F isn't so difficult....

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I bought the F, G and K models for Fs9 and FsX on DVD, and with the prop fix they work fine in FsX Steam, or at least I see no major problems.
    It would be nice if one day Mike would bring the models up to FsX native standard with shadows and high res textures, but until then I am still quite happy with the old port-over models.
    Yes I agree Ferry! I would love a native F model from Mike.

I made a feeble attempt to bring high quality texture to Mikes' F version. The template is 4096x4096.

I wouldn't call that feeble.. even with my glasses off!! Nice to see a G is in the works

ATB
    DaveB

I bought the Flight Replica's Bf109 K for FSX recently and I'm very impressed with this rendition. A challenge but very flyable when you know what to do. Very rewarding to toy around with this one. Chapeau Mike, you've done a wonderful job on this one.

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; May 15th, 2015 at 15:07.

But......I would LOVE a Bf 109 B or D!

Cees

Another word on the JF 109e: I believe that the BoB pack, and presumably the separate 109, has two versions, one for the UK with accurate markings, and one for "abroad" with something missing!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0