all loaded up and ready to fly...but..

Thread: all loaded up and ready to fly...but..

all loaded up and ready to fly...but..

ok..so ive got my planes all installed,and all my orbx loaded up..you get the idea...

but i installed my do-27..right now i cant think who made it,but i can look..maybe digital aviation?..its all in the airplanes/simobjects and its visible to windows explorer ,but when i open FSX,and go to the aircraft..its not there,and using the manufacturer pull down..dornier is there..but the screen is blank.some one have an idea of why?

also,many of the thumbnails dont match the aircraft name..any thing i can do about that?...im not going to uninstall them all and do it over...were going on two weeks as it is...i wanna fly..and that Do-27 is one of my favs...

i still cant modify my .cfg files..and i dont want to completely turn off everything...but if i have to...arent some of you with win8.1 able to change the .cgf?..if so...what did you do?

ok thanks to you who answer me

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    ..dornier is there..but the screen is blank.some one have an idea of why?
    Do you have a check in the "show all variations" box?

also,many of the thumbnails dont match the aircraft name..any thing i can do about that?...
    Every livery needs a thumbnail.

In the plane selection screen, with "all" in the three boxes on top and a check in the "show all variations" box, go through your plane list, starting at the top.

The first mismatch you find needs a thumbnail, load that plane and start the sim.

Win 8.1 has this neat tool called the Snipping Tool. Press the Windows key and "S" to open the search box, then start typing snipping and the tool will come upon the list. Open it.

Click on the arrow next to "new" and select Rectangular snip. Then draw a box around the plane. When the Snipping Tool Window pops up click on the save icon, looks like a floppy disc. Save the Snip to your Desktop, named thumbnail.jpg.

Move it to the texture folder for the plane in question.

Rinse and repeat. You will need to do this for each livery missing a thumbnail until you get them all.

i still cant modify my .cfg files..and i dont want to completely turn off everything...but if i have to...arent some of you with win8.1 able to change the .cgf?..if so...what did you do?
    I can do anything I want to my FS setups simply because I didn't install them in the Program Files folder. I have UAC tuned on and have zero problems editing .cfg files.

cheers,
    Lane

thanks for the reply,,ill try your suggestions..one thing..i do have show all variants checked

many of the thumbnails dont match the aircraft name..any thing i can do about that?...
    Hi Deveroo,

As Lane said this is a sure sign that one or more livery is missing a thumbnail. So you'll have to search your texture folders [starting with the most recently installed] and check each one has a thumbnail in there.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...nails-Mixed-Up

Dave.

Members who have read this thread: 0