Flysimware Mitsubishi MU-2B-60 released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flysimware Mitsubishi MU-2B-60 released!

Thank you. Converting textures to 888-8, adding some materials, and will see about adding some depth to the rivets etc, then find a suitable paint job. All will be available, probably as one large paint file, once finished.

Thanks ...
    please have a look to the library :

Bernhard.

This is one of my favorite parts of being on the dev team. Watching you guys get to work on repaints!

They look fantastic!

Joe

Alternate interior textures for the MU-2 available here.....http://forum.avsim.net/topic/468490-...mu-2-interior/ until I can get them uploaded to other places...still a work in progress, so updates may happen as needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails honeyview_2015-5-6_0-2-27-997.jpg  

Several questions for anyone who has acclimated to the MU-2:
    1) Is there a way to sync the throttle levers so that both move at the same time? (Same with the Mixture levers)
    2) Anyone aware of a substitute Weather Radar system for the RealityXP system (Not compatible with P3D_v2+)
    3) After engine start you must briefly move the throttles to reverse and then to idle. . . .is there a keystroke that will perform that function?

Thanks

For question 3), I would say F2 (decrease throttle), then F1 (idle throttle) ?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Several questions for anyone who has acclimated to the MU-2:
    1) Is there a way to sync the throttle levers so that both move at the same time? (Same with the Mixture levers)
    2) Anyone aware of a substitute Weather Radar system for the RealityXP system (Not compatible with P3D_v2+)
    3) After engine start you must briefly move the throttles to reverse and then to idle. . . .is there a keystroke that will perform that function?

Thanks
    Hey,

1) I use a joystick/throttle/twist rudder combo and the throttles work as one with the throttle control

2) not as of yet although I believe it has been asked to provide a blank space for different weather units

3) I have F2 (held for a couple seconds) as my reverser control, but am sure through FSUIPC you could map a key

Hope that helps

Ok, worked through those and have one more question. Anyone found a way to "tone down" the beacon motor sound. I looked in the sound folder and the sound.cfg file and it doesn't appear to be referenced. Could it be part of the mdl coding?

Could be, I believe you can hear it even when you deactivate the sounds...

I finally made my first test flight with it, in an evening.
    At first, I thought the model had a pretty bad impact on the FPS... but in fact, it was not the plane, it was the OrbX Norway scenery that is really killing the fluidity in P3D...
    The plane is quite nice I have to say. I really enjoyed playing around in the cockpit and trying to start these engines without reading the manual (thanks Falcon for the tip about having to go in reverse shortly, by the way).

There are, however, a few things I dislike. The main one is the interior lighting. We can only switch everything or nothing. That is not so nice. I would like to activate the instruments lights without having to activate the cabin light as well...
    Also, the taxi and landing lights are really too bright and simple. At night this is just some white triangles which are totally masking the ground. But they might simply be referencing the default beam textures in the sim, so I suppose I can replace them, right ?

Things I enjoyed was the way the cockpit was build, the accessibility of the controls, the possibility to mask the yokes, and the engine management. That one was very nice indeed.
    I noticed the RPM lever really has only three or four positions: idle, 60% (taxi) and 9x% (flight/takeoff). Is it the same in the real plane ?
    Also, and keep in mind I haven't read the manual yet, what is the "correct" way to bleed off speed when I want to start my descend ? If I lower the throttles back until I hear the horn, the speed hardly decreases at all...

Anyways, I really like the plane and I'm curious to see what the future updates/patches will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Could be, I believe you can hear it even when you deactivate the sounds...

I finally made my first test flight with it, in an evening.
    At first, I thought the model had a pretty bad impact on the FPS... but in fact, it was not the plane, it was the OrbX Norway scenery that is really killing the fluidity in P3D...
    The plane is quite nice I have to say. I really enjoyed playing around in the cockpit and trying to start these engines without reading the manual (thanks Falcon for the tip about having to go in reverse shortly, by the way).

There are, however, a few things I dislike. The main one is the interior lighting. We can only switch everything or nothing. That is not so nice. I would like to activate the instruments lights without having to activate the cabin light as well...
    Also, the taxi and landing lights are really too bright and simple. At night this is just some white triangles which are totally masking the ground. But they might simply be referencing the default beam textures in the sim, so I suppose I can replace them, right ?

Things I enjoyed was the way the cockpit was build, the accessibility of the controls, the possibility to mask the yokes, and the engine management. That one was very nice indeed.
    I noticed the RPM lever really has only three or four positions: idle, 60% (taxi) and 9x% (flight/takeoff). Is it the same in the real plane ?
    Also, and keep in mind I haven't read the manual yet, what is the "correct" way to bleed off speed when I want to start my descend ? If I lower the throttles back until I hear the horn, the speed hardly decreases at all...

Anyways, I really like the plane and I'm curious to see what the future updates/patches will bring.
    The cabin lighting is on separate switches, overhead the round switches control the gauges/panel, the rockers control no smoking seatbelts, landing, taxi, etc, and above the hanger to the rear of the pilot (look around to the left behind pilot just past side window) are two switches for the cabin lights and cockpit floods accordingly.

Landing lights could be better.

Drag is slightly reduced until the next update....to fix the sticky taxi problem it made the ac a bit slippery, but reducing power, planning ahead and bringing flaps in will slow the ac.

Read the manual lol it is a fun plane to fly

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    The cabin lighting is on separate switches, overhead the round switches control the gauges/panel, the rockers control no smoking seatbelts, landing, taxi, etc, and above the hanger to the rear of the pilot (look around to the left behind pilot just past side window) are two switches for the cabin lights and cockpit floods accordingly.

Landing lights could be better.

Drag is slightly reduced until the next update....to fix the sticky taxi problem it made the ac a bit slippery, but reducing power, planning ahead and bringing flaps in will slow the ac.

Read the manual lol it is a fun plane to fly
    I personally felt the drag in climb & cruise was okay but on approach and landing, the drag seems low and lift a hair too high (as it is difficult to get it to settle in on final and then transition to a slight flare without being at flight idle during the approach and fully retarding before crossing the fence. I thought about adding flap drag in the config but I'm worried that will negatively affect the climb performance(especially achieving Blue Line after takeoff).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the advise

I also had quite a decent drag once the gears and flaps were lowered. It's just that, to reach a speed where they could finally be lowered, I had to reduce the throttles back to 20%, and thus to silence the horn.
    In these conditions, the plane made a nice descend at approx 200 knots, then I went back to level flight, waited until 150 knots, then started lowering a bit of flaps, and then it became easy from there on.

I really messed up my landing though. There was some side winds I underestimated, and I touched the runway slightly misaligned, leading to big left-right oscilations. In the end, my wings touched the ground :/
    I need to train more

PS: but ok, the runway at Sorstokken was a bit short :P

Icon5 How fine is this plane

Hello Folks,
    Really like this plane but the textures look to me like cartoons, especially the VC
    How good is this plane comparing to other known MU-2 Dev's creations, i fear to be disapointed
    Better waiting the MZ one
    Thanks in advance for your point of view.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Wow!! I was interested in looking at the GTN 650/750 Avionics for the MU-2 from Flight1 because the RealityXP series are not compatible with P3D. After locating the Flight1 FSX version (49.00) I saw the link for the P3D version and popped on over to see that. . . .this is where I realized that Flight1 had left its earthly bonds and gone into a new world. That same package for P3D is $70.00. Why??? because that version is "geared" towards the commercial and flight training industry. . .and we won't even get into why that is will we? Nope. So to outfit your MU2 for P3D the way the instructional videos on Flysimware's site show you're looking at a total somewhere around $112. to $115. To be fair, I never intended to purchase the avionics in the first place, but was curious as to how Flight1's pricing compared to the packages offered by RealityXP. . .now I know, lol.

The last paint-job ... almost certainly ...

Bernhard.

Wow!! I was interested in looking at the GTN 650/750 Avionics for the MU-2 from Flight1 because the RealityXP series are not compatible with P3D. After locating the Flight1 FSX version (49.00) I saw the link for the P3D version and popped on over to see that. . . .this is where I realized that Flight1 had left its earthly bonds and gone into a new world. That same package for P3D is $70.00. Why??? because that version is "geared" towards the commercial and flight training industry. . .and we won't even get into why that is will we? Nope. So to outfit your MU2 for P3D the way the instructional videos on Flysimware's site show you're looking at a total somewhere around $112. to $115. To be fair, I never intended to purchase the avionics in the first place, but was curious as to how Flight1's pricing compared to the packages offered by RealityXP. . .now I know, lol.
    This is one of the reasons why i havnt gone to P3d, some developers have planes for both no extra charge, others add a considerable amount because they can. They say its a licence thing,if so why isnt everyone doing it. Love the Mu2 done 2 flights so far.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

I would like to see if someone could something with the panel. It would make a improvement to see lighter panel. A waren look to the panel. would be great.

So to outfit your MU2 for P3D the way the instructional videos on Flysimware's site show you're looking at a total somewhere around $112. to $115. To be fair, I never intended to purchase the avionics in the first place, but was curious as to how Flight1's pricing compared to the packages offered by RealityXP. . .now I know, lol.
    To be truly fair though, compare the cost of RXP "Pro" version with the GTN series. Even without cross-fill at the present time, the GTN units have the benefit of ongoing, active development and support...

...whereas RXP is abandoned and no longer supported.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 2