For Nigel Richards: Concertino for four Twin Wasp D5's

Thread: For Nigel Richards: Concertino for four Twin Wasp D5's

For Nigel Richards: Concertino for four Twin Wasp D5's

Hi Nigel,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jw2g70-Rjc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHdzWd6ddgg

A late thank you for your awesome "Real Douglas DC-4/C-54 Sound Pack" for FS2004 and FSX. You made it four years ago but IMHO it is still the best. Closest to real life.

Cheers,
    Maarten

P.S. Sound pack available at FlightSim.com. Repaint (original by Jens B. Kristensen, modified by Maarten Brouwer) not available (yet).
    Last edited by Maarten -; April 27th, 2015 at 04:15.

That is a beautiful skin Maarten

Great video sounds, especially the second one. :-)

Thanks for sharing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    That is a beautiful skin Maarten

Great video sounds, especially the second one. :-)

Thanks for sharing.
    Maarten, my Friend - very humbled by your kind words for one of my early attempts - Thank YOU, Sir :-)

Great videos and paint, Sir!!!

Perhaps a revisit to the DC-4 would be a nice future project.

Many more sounds yet to come; including an all new payware/donationware DC-3 soundset currently undergoing a rather long beta test.
    A Bristol Hercules package including separate twin and 4 engine subfolders is at a similar stage in development - near beta.

Freeware sounds nearing release include an all new Beech 18 soundset and a Bristol Centaurus package for all you Seafury fans.

I'm now working full time on FS development work - some projects will have to go the payware/donationware route purely for practical reasons.
    All new sound packages will be for both FS9 and FSX.

My longterm dedication to Milton's awesome projects is no secret - so by working fulltime, I now intend to increase my level of participation on Shupe team work.

Many thanks, Maarten and Milton.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Looking forward to that.

Anthin.

Thank you very much for the kind words, guys.

I have to clarify about the DC-4 repaint. Most of it is Jens's original South African Airways paint featurig the white tail with blue band (included in his FS2004 and FSX DC-4/C-54 V.3). I missed an orange-tailed SAA DC-4 in my hangar and since noone else made such a repaint, I decided to modify Jens's paint. Also I made some modifications with regard to portholes. To be honest, for my own use initially.

But I am to ask Jens's permission to make this repaint available for others too. In fact I never liked to make repaints just for myself. The fun is to share them with others through the three sites I prefer. So hopefully the orange tail livery will be available soon.

Nigel, your projects sound awesome! Once realised they will be very welcome in all aircraft to produced that mechanical music. I sometimes wonder what the great American avant-garde composer George Antheil (1900-1959), who in his music explored the modern sounds of the early 20th century -musical, industrial, mechanical-would have thought of this use of airplane sounds. In fact, he used propeller sounds in his music and he wrote a solo piano Second Sonata, "The Airplane" (1921).

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Last edited by Maarten -; April 28th, 2015 at 00:58.

Two little DC-4 sounds encores:

-a full power check by ZS-AUB at Berlin-Tempelhof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNM1T78sXs

-ZS-AUB taking off from Berlin-Tempelhof in (almost) darkness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yqDkgvGcBk

Enjoy,
    Maarten

Members who have read this thread: 1