One of my all time favorites.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of my all time favorites.....

Icon14 One of my all time favorites.....

This one is still so great!!

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 109-2015-apr-26-003.jpg   109-2015-apr-26-004.jpg   109-2015-apr-26-005.jpg  

even better with all your's and Huubs repaints , got it installed in both my FS9 and FSX and gets flown regular.

cheers ian

Thanks Ian!

Cees

yup, she's a beaut!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hey Cees,
    I should know whose 109 that is, probably even have it, but I have to ask... whose 109 is it???

TARPSBird, it is the old Shockwave/A2A Wings of Power Bf-109E. It's still a great one, especially with the free FSX-native update installed.

I enjoy Flight Replicas' Bf-109K immensely as well...now it would just be wonderful to have a Bf-109G as well. There is a superb collection of detail photographs of the original Bf-109G "Black 6" restoration (first and second) here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Me109...=photos_stream

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Hey Cees,
    I should know whose 109 that is, probably even have it, but I have to ask... whose 109 is it???
    John said it: it's the A2A/Shockwave 109. John shows the E-4 canopy, my plane has the E-1 canopy.

Cees

It is definitely still the best Bf109 Emil around! However when you start to see the shortcomings, somehow these shortcomings are all you see after a while.

I hated the pilot from the start. And I can still not look at the external model without getting annoyed by the poor pilot model. The external model has some minor error, but I can live with these as they are easily compensated by the great textures and paintkit by Martin "ICDP" Catney.
    The VC still looks stunning after all these years, however it annoys me that not everything works correctly.

In other words, A2A I'm still grateful for this beautiful model, but it is really time you update it to WOP III level. I already know at least two persons who will purchase it....

Cheers,
    Huub

Edit: I forgot to mention the the early 109 models (With the square wing tips) are my favourites. So a Dora or a Cesar included in the update would be most welcome!

Wow! I should have the WoP CD somewhere. I'm tempted to search for it and maybe
    make some skin.
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    ..........In other words, A2A I'm still grateful for this beautiful model, but it is really time you update it to WOP III level. I already know at least two persons who will purchase it.... ......
    Almost three !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I enjoy Flight Replicas' Bf-109K immensely as well...now it would just be wonderful to have a Bf-109G as well.
    'Tis on the list, and some work has been done.

Mike

In the meantime.. Dave Garwood did this for me for the 'K'..

Sad it was never restored to flying condition.. I enjoyed seeing it many times. She was restored to immaculate static display though.
    ATB
    DaveB

Not to rob the tread, but is there a Helmut Wick paint or the 109?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.png  
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Carter View Post
    Not to rob the tread, but is there a Helmut Wick paint or the 109?
    Yep, there are even three. One done by Cees Donker, one done by Stovall and one done by Kercroix. They are all in the SOH library. Just do a search for the text "wick".

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I would buy a new C/D model that is up to par with the Spitfire, but it looks A2A are more interested in GA aircraft these days unfortunately..

As for the F/G models; the Fs9 Flight Replicas models still work fine in FsX:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thank Huub!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

No luv for the JF 109-E

Trop version......

It comes with the JF BoB package.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

The JF Bf109 is also nice, on some points even more accurate than the Shockwave/A2A version, but it contains some errors as well. And surely the pilot look much better .

However it is far more difficult to repaint and there isn't a high quality paintkit available for it like there is for the Shockwave/A2A one.

Cheers,
    Huub

The A2A Emil remains my "test" aircraft for FSX. If I need to evaluate a new setting or re-validate my setup due to a new addon not performing well, I trot out my trusty Emil and go for a not so short hop. Or quite often it's just because it is such a lovely plane to fly. I also have Flight Replicas K, and that is fantastic too Mike. I have the F&G models from Mike as well but don't fly them as much because my system takes a bit of a frame rate hit from them. A native FSX conversion of these would be great if not too much to ask for.

The current FR 'K' is native FSX and.. it has to be said.. is very good on frames, even on my i5

EDIT: Ooops.. I see now you meant the F and G.. d'oh!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Sad it was never restored to flying condition.. I enjoyed seeing it many times. She was restored to immaculate static display though.
    Dave, it was restored (over a great many years) and flown for several years, with numerous displays. All throughout this time it was owned by the Imperial War Museum, and it was only to be flown for a specified time period before it was to be retired to the museum as a static display anyway. In October 1997, at a Duxford display, the aircraft experienced an engine problem, and in the pilot's haste to get it on the ground, he came-in too fast, had to lift-off again to overly the M11, and came down in the field across the way - which wouldn't have been so bad, except that the aircraft flipped over on its back. On the "Black 6" Facebook page, they have photos from the first restoration (prior to it flying), as well as photos from its second restoration, following the crash. Following the crash and second restoration, the aircraft's retirement to static display was expedited/sealed.

Here is a great documentary featuring a lot of footage and information on the Bf-109G "Black 6" restoration. Also included in the film is footage of the Bf-109G-10 that has since been owned/operated by the Messerschmitt Stiftung in Germany. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MZznd754yE

Cheers John

If I remember correctly.. wasn't it an Air Chief Marshall flying it at the time?? I remember reports of him screaming at the fire crew not to use axes on it to get him out!! There's a man who fully appreciated the historic value of the aircraft Gad knows what the fire/rescue crew must have thought

ATB
    DaveB

Even the old FS9 FR Bf-109 G Series doesnt fly bad in FSX

4-5 FPS down but nothing serious

And Yes she is a beauty ( always was)

Roland

Today (April 29) is my birthday so based on the favorable comments above (and it was 10% Off Tuesday at PC Aviator) I decided to treat myself and bought the A2A WoP II Bf-109E and also the Spitfire MkI. Here is a shot of the 109 off Point Loma in San Diego, my first flight. Both planes self-installed into FSX with no problem. My one question: Do these planes need the v1.2 upgrade from A2A or was that required just for the original CD boxed set?
    Last edited by TARPSBird; April 29th, 2015 at 00:35.

Members who have read this thread: 1