HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today

HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today

The FSX/P3D package is going beta today ....

The HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D - Beta VERSION 1.0
    This package is built Specifically for FSX/P3D - Will Not Run In FS9
    by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rob Barendregt, Sasha Rieger, and Rob Ibey

The HMS Bounty is a typical 18th Century mercantile ship, purchased by the
    HMAV and renamed the HMS Bounty, commanded by the infamous Capt. Bligh and
    mutinied by Fletcher Christian after leaving Tahiti. The ship and its story now
    live in infamy.

After the replica Bounty sunk in Hurricane Sandy in October 2012, I decided
    to honor her with this production. Two years in the making and now we have
    something very special and very unique to FlightSim.

- The ship is completely driven by the winds and sails deployed.
    - The sails are individually managed, and must be set to "catch the wind".
    - The ship responds to wind speeds and direction based on sails positions.
    - Animated flags indicate wind direction and move appropriately with the wind
    speeds.
    - Sails have 10 positions from port to starboard, close hauled, beam reach,
    broad reach, and running each side. Check Shoprite Ad and Smart and Final Ad.
    - An "auto-skipper" function will manage the sails for you, removing
    appropriate sails in high winds, or adding them back as winds slow.
    - Foot ropes and sails move in the breezes.

A Sail Management window provides all the info needed visually and by text to
    manage sails, winds, and monitor weather. The sail configuration section
    allows individual sail management, plus contains the auto-skipper, Weigh
    anchor, Lantern lights, ship's bells, and "Salute" cannon fire.

The two packages (required because of special sim interfaces) work equally well in FSX/P3D and FS9 and are frame rate
    friendly. The FSX/P3D package is now in beta testing with the FS9 package following shortly.

Thanks to falcon409 and WMD for the P3D testing in 1.4, 2.3 and 2.5.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 22nd, 2015 at 17:07.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Fantastic project!

Really looking forward to trying her at sea. Will probably take a month before I figure out how to manoeuver, but it will be a great month.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Picture #2 is absolutely stunning!
    Really looking forward to trying this out, will be a nice change sailing into port instead of landing at the local airport!

Thanks again Team!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Cees

Thanks for the hu Milton! I've been following the project in the Fs2004 forum and I'm glad I can now download it
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Fantastic project!

Really looking forward to trying her at sea. Will probably take a month before I figure out how to manoeuver, but it will be a great month.
    The Bounty has a lot of stuff going for her in modeling, programming, and sounds. But ...

Once you read the brief .pdf doc for operational understanding, you will be surprised just how easy it will be, :-)

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Awesome work! If only I had the time to virtually sail it somewhere other than round the Isle of Wight!!

Pedant mode on, it's incorrect to say 'the HMS Bounty', HMS is an abbreviation for Her Majesty's Ship so the definitive article isn't needed. What you're effectively saying is 'the Her Majesty's Ship Bounty' which you wouldn't do. For US Navy ships the 'the' is required as you would say 'the United States Ship Enterprise'.

Disappointingly you have to correct the BBC on it these days...

Hi Milton,
    Super news about beta testing.Are you just using your own beta testers or are you going to release it to us as well.Any chance of seeing the manual.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Awesome work! If only I had the time to virtually sail it somewhere other than round the Isle of Wight!!

Pedant mode on, it's incorrect to say 'the HMS Bounty', HMS is an abbreviation for Her Majesty's Ship so the definitive article isn't needed. What you're effectively saying is 'the Her Majesty's Ship Bounty' which you wouldn't do. For US Navy ships the 'the' is required as you would say 'the United States Ship Enterprise'.

Disappointingly you have to correct the BBC on it these days...

Thank you and understood. I have been at this for 2 years and I never reference HMS as Her Majesty's Ship, but by the letters "H", "M", "S" and therefore I used the article. At any rate, I stand informed and corrected. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi Milton,
    Super news about beta testing.Are you just using your own beta testers or are you going to release it to us as well.Any chance of seeing the manual.

Cheers Chris
    Thank you Chis for your interest. I am selecting interested testers along with a select few others to ensure I get good coverage and proper feedback.

Attached is the manual for anyone who wishes for an early introduction. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

In the case of the bounty,there was a king on the throne at that time in England hence His Majesty's Ship.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    In the case of the bounty,there was a king on the throne at that time in England hence His Majesty's Ship.

Cheers Chris
    Yes, and his picture is in the Captain's Quarters along with his wife's picture, just to remind him who his bosses are. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you and understood. I have been at this for 2 years and I never reference HMS as Her Majesty's Ship, but by the letters "H", "M", "S" and therefore I used the article. At any rate, I stand informed and corrected. :-)
    I think having it beaten into me when I joined the navy makes me overly sensitive to it!

I think having it beaten into me when I joined the navy makes me overly sensitive to it!
    LOL I understand :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Awesome work! If only I had the time to virtually sail it somewhere other than round the Isle of Wight!
    Actually Skippy, at a max. 15Kts around the Isle of Wight is about as far as most people will want to venture. Even that, considering the lack of windward performance, requires some thought as it will require planning to decide where to best set the winds to allow one to 'wear ship' to complete the circumnavigation.

Any time you're ready for the challenge I'm up to race - the Isle of Wight Race is dear to my heart as I used to own and race a copy of Ian Proctor's "Osprey" dinghy which won the race as it's inaugural event.
    http://ospreysailing.org/cms/index.p...t/boat-history

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Well I'll be... this caught me completely unawares! That looks absolutely amazing. I really can't wait to try it out!
    Jim Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks for the hu Milton! I've been following the project in the Fs2004 forum and I'm glad I can now download it
    Oops I thought it was a general beta so that makes me sound very cheeky...so thanks for including me in Milton.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Shiver me timbers Milton! This will be a real alternative to high-performance warbirds, splice the mainbrace!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Dropped in FSX and WOW!!! Raise the anchor, hear the crew yelling out commands, sail lowered and set to the winds, and depending on wind strength, she will lean from the force. Changing directions the sails will follow the winds. The salute is cool too! Very cool and different!

Thanks Milton and team!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Mutinied by Christian Slater?

Milton (and crew), this sounds like an amazing release! I can't wait to get it underway. I have been itching to model Bernard Moitessier's "Joshua" for several years now, and this might get me off the fence.

Cheers!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho ah pirates life for me....... oh, wrong movie.

Crikey I could imagine a high seas skirmish in multiplay, Aye me mateys.

The way you're modeling the "Sailing FDE" is quite interesting and unexpected. Thanks for the preview pics and the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    The way you're modeling the "Sailing FDE" is quite interesting and unexpected. Thanks for the preview pics and the heads up.
    It was unexpected by me as well initially. We have Rob Barendregt to thank for the wind-caused ship responses to sail positions, ship speed based on what sails are deployed, and ship's responses to wind direction and speed, among a host of other goodie features. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1