HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: HMS Bounty for FSX/P3D Going Beta Today

Quote Originally Posted by gdavej View Post
    It looks like FSTramp is contributing to the problems with the Bounty v3 and P3D v2.4. With both FSTramp and Tacpack disabled, the Bounty moves okay. With FSTramp enabled, the Bounty did briefly move, but then came to a halt (the previous time I tried this, it didn't move at all). I also noticed that some of the sails seemed to be oscillating with FSTramp enabled but tacplack disabled, the sails in question being all the longitudinally rigged sails. I didn't notice these problems with FSTramp and the beta v2 of the Bounty, although it is possible that I didn't let the ship run for long enough, only a couple of minutes.
    Thanks for this test and followup.

By oscillating, are your referring to the stays/jibs/spankers left/right sides switching as they will do if you are in the "running" directly with the wind, or are you talking about them showing/hiding alternatively. They are meant to change when winds shift from port to starboard but if the winds are directly behind you, the will "flutter" back and forth.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    As I'm curious to the actual crosswind behaviour in P3D 2.* (whatever version), can someone please try the following ?

- Load the Bounty, and set a pure crosswind (90 degrees from the right, relative to the ship) of 25 Knots, non-gusting.
    - Set the General Realism slider in the menu fully right.
    - Open the Test window (Shift-3).
    - If not already so: set "flaps" fully up (F5), so the value of MastAngle reads -50
    - Raise the anchor, deploy all sails and let the Bounty get up to speed some 30 sec. or so..

Question-1: can you please post a screenshot of the Test window now ?

Question-2: if you set the General Realism slider fully left, does the value of RelWind change ?? (in FSX, it would become 0)

Thanks, Rob
    Here ya go Rob, fresh from P3D 2.5:

The values to the left are with General realism slider all the way right, the ones to the right are with the slider to the left. As you can see, RelWind does indeed change to 0 (and the ship no longer banks.).

- JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

This proves that FSX and P3D treat realism settings in a similar way. Realism setting must be set at least to "Medium" to get wind effects and lateral forces. Realism set to "Hard" is preferred for the Bounty package for best lateral effects of bank/roll and lateral drift from course.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Recapping beta testers use of the Bounty in P3D as has been reported to me:

The package works with no reported issues in P3D up through v2.3.

In version 2.4 and 2.5 Tacpac must be disabled (not sure what the conflict is - could be anything)

In version 2.5, FSTramp must be disabled (again, not sure of the reasons - could be anything)

In V2.5 if FSRecorder is running, the Bounty stops sailing.

If you have experiences different than the above, please share with us.

As regards the supported sims (FS9 and FSX all versions), no issues have been reported.
    As a result of Dave's test, I must revise this as follows:

In P3D, versions 2.4 and 2.5, FSTramp and TacPac must be disabled for this package.

Thanks to ED, Paul, and Dave for these clarifications and reports, and to all testers for shaking this package down. We are very appreciative.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks for this test and followup.

By oscillating, are your referring to the stays/jibs/spankers left/right sides switching as they will do if you are in the "running" directly with the wind, or are you talking about them showing/hiding alternatively. They are meant to change when winds shift from port to starboard but if the winds are directly behind you, the will "flutter" back and forth.
    Sorry, lousy word to use. Yes I did mean that the longitudinally rigged sails were fluttering back and forth. In all cases I had a tail wind, but I only noticed the fluttering when the Bounty had problems moving (ie when FSTramp and/or tacpack was enabled). I had thought that the cause of this flutter was the wind direction, but the frequency of this flutter was pretty high (less than once a second).

Quote Originally Posted by gdavej View Post
    Sorry, lousy word to use. Yes I did mean that the longitudinally rigged sails were fluttering back and forth. In all cases I had a tail wind, but I only noticed the fluttering when the Bounty had problems moving (ie when FSTramp and/or tacpack was enabled). I had thought that the cause of this flutter was the wind direction, but the frequency of this flutter was pretty high (less than once a second).
    Ah, thank you for that clarification. :-)

Yes, if the wind is directly behind you, there is a slight wind direction variance by FS and as we switch from port to starboard on a 1 degree boundary, you will get this "flutter" as FS changes direction by a few degrees with each FS update.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Here ya go Rob, fresh from P3D 2.5:

The values to the left are with General realism slider all the way right, the ones to the right are with the slider to the left. As you can see, RelWind does indeed change to 0 (and the ship no longer banks.).

- JP
    Thanks for the info.
    All the values confirm that (IF it works in P3D, see posts on dependancies on conflicting addons in P3D) the Bounty behaves exactly the same (as to speed, roll, etc) in P3D as in FSX.

Rob

Milton;
    I anchored for the night and tried to light the lamps.(1)Depending on the view selected they are not visible. (2)Additionally at night if you use the 'L' to activate the lights the salute effect occurs. No sound but the cloud of smoke appears. (3)When its completely dark the cloud becomes something that looks like St. Elmo's fire. (4)One more thing. Calling up the GPS <shift 2=""> brings up the GPS panel but no lon/lat info. The display show the position properly.

FSXA-Win7 64-FSUIPC(full)-FSTramp-ORBX Global Anchored off Cape Jackson, South Island, NZ (S40° 58' ; E174° 16')

Stern view - lights
    </shift>

Locked Spot - no lights

Stern View - salute cannon smoke, no sound

Locked spot - 'St. Elmo's fire"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot930.jpg   screenshot927.jpg   screenshot926.jpg   screenshot929.jpg  

A quick HU.. release V1 is now available in the library

Cheers Milton and team
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    A quick HU.. release V1 is now available in the library

Cheers Milton and team
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thank you Dave and all of you who helped us through the beta testing process. Your efforts were immensely helpful.

Let's carry on further discussions in the release thread from here. Thanks a bunch everyone.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1